Week 3 GDT: Texans @ Bears, 9/25/22, 12:00 CT

beardown3231

35 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

The best thing about the game today is that the Bears are wearing these uniforms, I for one love them a lot.

Not going to lie. I initially read this as "the best thing about the game today is that the Bears are wearing uniforms." I thought to myself how awkward it would be if they didn't wear uniforms. I'm not sure I'm ready for that kinda football.

• Like 1

1. Cole Kmet. I hated the pick when we made it but the 'person' has grown on me. I think he has talent and I want him to display it this afternoon. Being a TE is more than being a tough guy and running over everyone you see. You're bigger and faster than the defenders covering you -- make a ******* play, but first: make the routine plays.

2. Justin Fields. Media is hating on this kid, some of the fans are wavering in his support a bit. I want to see him play a clean game, I don't need anything elite or flashy today. Make the plays that are there, be confident in your reads, trust what you see and get the ball out. No more hesitation, and for ****'s sake when you slide keep your head down, you're not popping up at 2nd base anymroe.

3. David Montgomery. What a ******* game he had last week. Vision, power, short-area burst and quickness. I want to see more of that this week and I really hope we feed him the ball when he gets hot. The kid is a grinder and needs touches, sub Herbert in when Monty is completely gassed. Other than that, I want this kid to get at least 25 touches today.

4. Darnell Mooney. Let's get creative with him this afternoon, give him the ball on jet sweeps, WR screens, the works. Force a connection on the field between Justin Fields and him. After that, let's see if we can get him on a deep crosser off PA.

5. Offensive Line. I think this game is the first time we see what our line should be moving forward (unless Borom gets benched for Leatherwood in the not-too-distant-future). Rotating Jenkins and Patrick, to me, was stupid but I can understand wanting to get Patrick work so he's not raw when he returns to center.

6. Kyler Gordon/Jaquan Brisker. You both had your welcome to the NFL moments. I want to see if they can adjust, not lose their confidence, and make plays against the Texans.

29 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Not going to lie. I initially read this as "the best thing about the game today is that the Bears are wearing uniforms." I thought to myself how awkward it would be if they didn't wear uniforms. I'm not sure I'm ready for that kinda football.

Only if it's women's football, and I want to line up under center every play 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

Only if it's women's football, and I want to line up under center every play 😂

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Does this mean Sanborn is playing SAM?

I would love that. This season isn't about wins, it is about finding pieces to build around and knowing what to prioritize for next offseason. That and should have been about trying to help support Fields but that ship has kinda sailed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I would love that. This season isn't about wins, it is about finding pieces to build around and knowing what to prioritize for next offseason. That and should have been about trying to help support Fields but that ship has kinda sailed.

Agreed.  We know Adams isn't part of the long term plan so we may as well find out if Sanborn can be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Agreed.  We know Adams isn't part of the long term plan so we may as well find out if Sanborn can be.

This. It would definitely be advantageous if Sanborn can become a factor on defense. Every piece that we can uncover now means that fewer resources have to be used to fill a need later.

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

This. It would definitely be advantageous if Sanborn can become a factor on defense. Every piece that we can uncover now means that fewer resources have to be used to fill a need later.

Frankly, I hope as many holes as possible can be filled on defense this year so that we may be able to focus more on bringing in premium players for the offense next year. If a considerable amount of resources are not spent on the offensive side of the ball next year then @CBears019needs to go and arrest Poles. I don't even care what the charges are. Lock him up.