Week 3 GDT: Texans @ Bears, 9/25/22, 12:00 CT

beardown3231

3 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Protect with 7 and send 3 guys on routes. There's nowhere to throw the ball on many plays. This is no way to develop a QB. But the Bears forced their own hand into playing this way.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. 

This was one of my biggest complaints about Nagy and I see Getsy has picked up on it too.

sqT3MCm.png

• Like 1

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

Back to ignoring facts that isn't propping them again.

No dude...just no point trying to converse with someone who is so reactionary based on such a small sample size...no one asked you to agree with me...I clearly don't agree with you on it...it is what it is.

33 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

The more things change, the more they stay the same. 

This was one of my biggest complaints about Nagy and I see Getsy has picked up on it too.

sqT3MCm.png

Bears fans have salivated over these stretch-zone boot concepts for what feels like a decade. This is the drawback. You're only running 1 or 2 options on 1 side of the field.

This is why many modern offenses are moving towards 11 personnel and 5 man protection. You put a man-beater on 1 half and a zone-beater on the other. But you can't do that when you're only running 3 routes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yeah because you of all people have been the beacon of objectivity, right? 😆

This staff has factually done a piss poor job too but when I bring it up I get told "it's too early to judge" by the same Poles slurpers on here, so I'm just doing the same.

It's not an improvement when this defense was actually good under Nagy and has factually been inconsistent and mediocre at best this year, despite playing against Lance in a rainstorm and Davis Mills at home. The pass rush has been non-existent, we can't stop the run, and Gordon has factually been one of (if not) the worst corner in the NFL. 

And all of this really shows whenever someone has to resort to cherry picking numbers with arbitrary cut-offs like the one you posted while also leaving out the FACT that the Packers had a 21 point lead at half so they didn't need to continue passing the ball.  Here's some more facts conveniently left out of your post. The Packers only attempted 6 passes in the entire 2nd half and ran the ball 20 times and 3 of those pass attempts were on one drive that led to a FG. It's safe to say if they pass the ball more in the 2H like they did in 1st then the game gets uglier than it was.

Just spit balling here but I think not having guys like Mack, Hicks and Goldman around any longer probably has a bit to do with this no?

It was clear from the Bears offseason they tried hard to address the 3T position with Ogunjobi but we all know what happened there so expect that to be a focus moving forward in the offseason.

Again it must be mentioned that improvements on a rebuilding squad are going to take time and not to expect instant success

39 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Just spit balling here but I think not having guys like Mack, Hicks and Goldman around any longer probably has a bit to do with this no?

It was clear from the Bears offseason they tried hard to address the 3T position with Ogunjobi but we all know what happened there so expect that to be a focus moving forward in the offseason.

Again it must be mentioned that improvements on a rebuilding squad are going to take time and not to expect instant success

I agree. Its hard for any team to replace guys like Mack and I also think Ogun would've been, at worst, a solid bridge gap at DT--this was before health reports came in of course.

For the record, I didn't expect the defense to be good this year and knew it would take time to rebuild, so it's not a surprise to me.  The only things I've been disappointed about so far is Roquan' play at outside, Gipson's lack of PT, and Gordon's performance. I expected the IDL to be a weak point and for Quinn to take a huge step back since 2021 was an anomaly. I didn't expect anything from Morrow or Adams--they're just gap fillers. I don't care for Vildor playing boundary and I still maintain he would be a better fit at nickel where he played his best as a rookie. if it were up to me I'd move him to nickel and keep Gordon outside. But I know Eberflus likes to use NB/DB spots as a 3rd safety per-say to blitz and cover flats and Gordon's athleticism and versatility is much better suited for this than Vildor is.  Flus' is put in a tough spot IMO because Vildor is his option on the roster right now.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

Appreciate the feedback. It was more so for a fantasy purpose. I know you guys would have the best insight in a Bears players. 

Herbert went nuts last week.  I wasn't sure if he had the upside to take over the starting role. I like Montgomery, but coming out I thought he was a limited athlete, atleast top end speed. I know nothing about Herbert. 

But thanks again.

• Like 1