Week 3: Lions (1-1) at VIKINGS (1-1)

swede700

36 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Feel free to ignore data. My point stands. Everyone harped on Zimmer. Yet here we are. Maybe it was a combination of both, but it's easier to blame a coach.

Ignore the fact the 7 out of 11 starters were not starting/playing for this team last year, and the defensive scheme and coaches are entirely new?

Two games and one bad half of football. The defense clearly made an adjustment at halftime vs. the Eagles, something we rarely saw from Zimmer. Feel free to ignore that though.

You said “it’s literally the same team”, which is patently false. Literally - check the definition of that word when you get a sec.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

SKOL!

sounds like Metellus and Cine will be splitting time

That doesn't seem like a good sign for the development of Cine.  Getting beat out for the starting job by Bynum wasn't great, but understandable since he is a rookie, but not even being able to yet outright be ahead of Metellus is concerning to me. I would have liked to see Cine take over at least the backup spot as his alone before the season started.

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I am actually very nervous about this game. The Lions are for real, in my opinion, and we looked so bad last week. They need to come out and make a statement, like VD said, and play smart, aggressive football

well, you're going to see a lot of running plays from us too.

O'C is going to want to control the clock, wear down Detroit's D, and keep their offense off the field. i'd say.

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

That doesn't seem like a good sign for the development of Cine.  Getting beat out for the starting job by Bynum wasn't great, but understandable since he is a rookie, but not even being able to yet outright be ahead of Metellus is concerning to me. I would have liked to see Cine take over at least the backup spot as his alone before the season started.

Well, you have to think that Cine being hurt didn't help his cause. Rookies always have a huge adjustment, and him being hurt delayed that adjustment even more. Also, it has been two games. He isn't like Kyle Hamilton, who has been extremely bad in his two games. He is still probably getting the scheme and playbook down.

13 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Ignore the fact the 7 out of 11 starters were not starting/playing for this team last year, and the defensive scheme and coaches are entirely new?

Two games and one bad half of football. The defense clearly made an adjustment at halftime vs. the Eagles, something we rarely saw from Zimmer. Feel free to ignore that though.

You said “it’s literally the same team”, which is patently false. Literally - check the definition of that word when you get a sec.

I had to do the math on the spits myself

Passing Yard Given Up:

1st Half: 71.61%

2nd Half: 25.39%

Rushing Yard Given Up:

1st Half: 63.80%

2nd Half: 36.20%

I think it was more TOP than adjustments made.