—- (0-2) Week 3 @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1) —-

iloxygenil

After a strong finish in the loss (minus Mariota finding a way to lose again) what’s the outlook this week? 

The Rams had an extra bye week to prep for the Falcons basically (thanks NFL) but the Seahawks don’t. However the Falcons with a long road trip to the west coast in one of the craziest stadiums in the NFL.

Does London continue to dominate single coverages? Or do the Seahawks attempt to limit him and let Pitts finally have the day we’ve been looking for from him?

Can Tyler handle the load of lead back? Looked pretty good to me against a pretty good Rams defense. 

Is Geno going to eat this week like he did week 1? Or will Grady and company make him move too often and force the inaccurate passes?

Feels like a battle between a pair of teams who are fighting hard and showing up better than most expected them to, but can the Falcons finish a game on the W side finally this week? Do we see Ridder get to step on the field? Does Pitts get in the end zone?

Edited by iloxygenil

2 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

After a strong finish in the loss (minus Mariota finding a way to lose again) what’s the outlook this week? 

The Rams had an extra bye week to prep for the Falcons basically (thanks NFL) but the Seahawks don’t. However the Falcons with a long road trip to the west coast in one of the craziest stadiums in the NFL.

Does London continue to dominate single coverages? Or do the Seahawks attempt to limit him and let Pitts finally have the day we’ve been looking for from him?

Can Tyler handle the load of lead back? Looked pretty good to me against a pretty good Rams defense. 

Is Geno going to eat this week like he did week 1? Or will Grady and company make him move too often and force the inaccurate passes?

Feels like a battle between a pair of teams who are fighting hard and showing up better than most expected them to, but can the Falcons finish a game on the W side finally this week? Do we see Ridder get to step on the field? Does Pitts get in the end zone?

Smith can say whatever he wants about "It's not fantasy football" about Pitts' targets but there's no way the outside noise is ignored. I think Pitts is involved early and often. Not like he wasn't seeing double teams last year especially w/o Ridley. And that's only going to help everyone else. I hope our pass rush Week 1 wasn't an outlier, I'd like to see it return. Also, I hope Ridder gets in somehow someway.

1 hour ago, DM316 said:

Smith can say whatever he wants about "It's not fantasy football" about Pitts' targets but there's no way the outside noise is ignored. I think Pitts is involved early and often. Not like he wasn't seeing double teams last year especially w/o Ridley. And that's only going to help everyone else. I hope our pass rush Week 1 wasn't an outlier, I'd like to see it return. Also, I hope Ridder gets in somehow someway.

I just think that AS wasn’t throwing Marcus under the bus, I think Marcus just isn’t playing it right at all. You threw a prayer up to Edwards who was blanketed by Ramsey, but won’t even give Pitts a chance to make the play? Even in Preseason that 40+ yarder was a touchdown if Marcus didn’t 2nd guess his way to waiting too long and under throwing it 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

I just think that AS wasn’t throwing Marcus under the bus, I think Marcus just isn’t playing it right at all. You threw a prayer up to Edwards who was blanketed by Ramsey, but won’t even give Pitts a chance to make the play? Even in Preseason that 40+ yarder was a touchdown if Marcus didn’t 2nd guess his way to waiting too long and under throwing it 

Yup .... Open when he's covered, 50/50 balls are more 70/30 with Pitts. I have way more confidence in Ridder to not hesitate on anything over 15 yards.

Mariota attempted to fumble away another win today, but thankfully the defense did their thing. I loved the start of the game, but the 2nd half was like WTF happened to the team? Mariota had what 20 yards in the 2nd half? Not blaming him because I don't know any of the play calls.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Mariota attempted to fumble away another win today, but thankfully the defense did their thing. I loved the start of the game, but the 2nd half was like WTF happened to the team? Mariota had what 20 yards in the 2nd half? Not blaming him because I don't know any of the play calls.

Mariota can be your scapegoat if you want, but it doesn’t change the fact we lack talent all over the field and especially on defense. I’m not sure what you are all expecting out of him. Isolating the fumble doesn’t mean he had a bad game and this game certainly wouldn’t solely be on him if we lost. Seahawks had their way with the Falcons defense, but we lucked out with some drops and a penalty that set them back on their final drive.

I guess blaming one guy is easier than admitting maybe we have a lot more holes than just QB.

Fun game to be at. That’s a tough environment to play in. Keep it rolling. Long season.

Edited by swoosh

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

Mariota can be your scapegoat if you want, but it doesn’t change the fact we lack talent all over the field and especially on defense. I’m not sure what you are all expecting out of him. Isolating the fumble doesn’t mean he had a bad game and this game certainly wouldn’t solely be on him if we lost. Seahawks had their way with the Falcons defense, but we lucked out with some drops and a penalty that set them back on their final drive.

I guess blaming one guy is easier than admitting maybe we have a lot more holes than just QB.

Fun game to be at. That’s a tough environment to play in. Keep it rolling. Long season.

Of course we lack talent but Mariota is finding ways to lose. That’s all I’m saying, but it’s clear we’re headed the right way. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, swoosh said:

Not blaming but can't ignore that we know what we're getting with him and with all of our other holes and resigned to the fact we aren't a contender, we need to see Ridder sooner than later imo.

12 hours ago, swoosh said:

This team definitely has holes. But a better QB would help mask some of the holes. Especially a QB that isn't good for 2 turnovers a game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

This team definitely has holes. But a better QB would help mask some of the holes. Especially a QB that isn't good for 2 turnovers a game.

Hopefully we wouldn’t get 2 per game from Ridder but we don’t know yet. I want to see, for sure but it needs to be at the right time too. 

59 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Hopefully we wouldn’t get 2 per game from Ridder but we don’t know yet. I want to see, for sure but it needs to be at the right time too. 

Agreed, I'm just impatient. I think the longer the look the better. My guess is Week 11 vs the Bears.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Certainly don't disagree and I'm not trying to argue Mariota is the long term answer, but hate the notion this loss would've been on him. That interception proved meaningless and was more of a bad play call by Smith than anything else. Although we can't know for sure, that fumble in the 4th looks to be on Allgeier to me. End had the contain there, that's an easy read. 

5 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Certainly don't disagree and I'm not trying to argue Mariota is the long term answer, but hate the notion this loss would've been on him. That interception proved meaningless and was more of a bad play call by Smith than anything else. Although we can't know for sure, that fumble in the 4th looks to be on Allgeier to me. End had the contain there, that's an easy read. 

The fumble was on MM, 100% he waited too late to pull and he wasn’t decisive when he did decide to. Tyler played that proper

16 minutes ago, DM316 said:

Agreed, I'm just impatient. I think the longer the look the better. My guess is Week 11 vs the Bears.

Yeah, unless MM gets hurt then I could see that.  I also wouldn’t mind week 8 vs the Panthers. 

Edited by iloxygenil
  • Like 1