—- (0-2) Week 3 @ Seattle Seahawks (1-1) —-

iloxygenil

11 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

The fumble was on MM, 100% he waited too late to pull and he wasn’t decisive when he did decide to. Tyler played that proper

I'm not sure how you're able to determine that with 100% conviction based on what we have available. If Allgeier was supposed to take it, it's going to have the same look that Mariota attempted to pull it late. We know the correct read based on the DE contain there, but we can't be sure of much else. Mariota is staring down #10 there, so if he's really attempting to keep it that's on him. We'll agree to disagree. 

I did read Allgeier said on the sidelines that it was on him, but I haven't seen that myself so it's just hearsay. 

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

I'm not sure how you're able to determine that with 100% conviction based on what we have available. If Allgeier was supposed to take it, it's going to have the same look that Mariota attempted to pull it late. We know the correct read based on the DE contain there, but we can't be sure of much else. Mariota is staring down #10 there, so if he's really attempting to keep it that's on him. We'll agree to disagree. 

I did read Allgeier said on the sidelines that it was on him, but I haven't seen that myself so it's just hearsay. 

Mariota Himself said it was his fault. The back isn’t supposed to squeeze down until the QB pulls his arms out. He wants to make a cradle to lay it in, then when he feels the QB release he secures it. Marcus didn’t pull the ball back in time and when he did he only kinda half did it thus he couldn’t get it out of the cradle 

5 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Mariota Himself said it was his fault. The back isn’t supposed to squeeze down until the QB pulls his arms out. He wants to make a cradle to lay it in, then when he feels the QB release he secures it. Marcus didn’t pull the ball back in time and when he did he only kinda half did it thus he couldn’t get it out of the cradle 

I just saw that interview. Definitely a bad decision by Mariota in that case. He thought he could beat the edge. Would've resulted in an easy first down, possibly TD, but that needs to go to Allgeier there. #10 played the contain perfectly, give it off and move to 3rd down. 

5 hours ago, swoosh said:

I just saw that interview. Definitely a bad decision by Mariota in that case. He thought he could beat the edge. Would've resulted in an easy first down, possibly TD, but that needs to go to Allgeier there. #10 played the contain perfectly, give it off and move to 3rd down. 

Yeah just one of those things that needs to be repped more and Marcus needs to understand he isn’t Superman. I’m all for the competitor in him, but gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold em. If he makes better decision against the Saints instead of going 1v3 we win that game. If he doesn’t try to half do that play there it’s a first down and an easy W instead of needing the D to bail him out (glad they did though!) if he doesn’t chuck it to Ramsey we beat the Rams. It’s not just those plays but it’s like the guy is good, just not as good as he thinks. If he’d take just a small bite of humble pie we’re talking about extending him not wanting to see the rook

On 9/26/2022 at 10:44 AM, iloxygenil said:

Hopefully we wouldn’t get 2 per game from Ridder but we don’t know yet. I want to see, for sure but it needs to be at the right time too. 

Even if we did get 2 per game from Ridder, at least he's a rookie and him making rookie mistakes would be understandable.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:53 AM, swoosh said:

Certainly don't disagree and I'm not trying to argue Mariota is the long term answer, but hate the notion this loss would've been on him. That interception proved meaningless and was more of a bad play call by Smith than anything else. Although we can't know for sure, that fumble in the 4th looks to be on Allgeier to me. End had the contain there, that's an easy read. 

that fumble was on Mariota. He even admitted as much. HE pulled it from Allgeier at the last second.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:07 PM, swoosh said:

When your coach preaches accountability and has guys who take the credit for mistakes, that's what happens. But it was on Mariota.

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Even if we did get 2 per game from Ridder, at least he's a rookie and him making rookie mistakes would be understandable.

that fumble was on Mariota. He even admitted as much. HE pulled it from Allgeier at the last second.

Yep, already hashed out.