Jump to content

Raiders trade for Patriots OT Justin Herron


RaidersAreOne
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Same old Josh, going for players he has history with, no matter how bad they are.

 

In all fairness, the dude’s a backup. Decent 6th man/swing tackle. Showed some ability, especially his rookie year. Is it that bad to add that guy to a position of weakness for a future late round pick swap?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Same old Josh, going for players he has history with, no matter how bad they are.

 

There were 7 players with Patriot ties on the roster. That's if you count Chandler Jones, Elumenor (who was with the Raiders already) and Bower (from Minnesota, who they signed off the NE practice squad. Herron makes 8. But sure, same old Josh. Find a coach who doesn't sign some guys he's familiar with to bring along. 

Josh is still living in Bronco fans heads rent free 12 years later. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

In all fairness, the dude’s a backup. Decent 6th man/swing tackle. Showed some ability, especially his rookie year. Is it that bad to add that guy to a position of weakness for a future late round pick swap?

The point is, the message it sends to the rest of the team is a very poor one. Familiarity over talent.

The job of a Coach (well, Coaches) is to develop talent. Not just give up on talented players because there is a guy available who knows your system.

Spare me with the 'decent 6th man' talk. He isn't a decent option as a swing Tackle. They are an incredibly valuable commodity in the NFL; not something a team basically gives away for nothing.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

There were 7 players with Patriot ties on the roster. That's if you count Chandler Jones, Elumenor (who was with the Raiders already) and Bower (from Minnesota, who they signed off the NE practice squad. Herron makes 8. But sure, same old Josh. Find a coach who doesn't sign some guys he's familiar with to bring along. 

Josh is still living in Bronco fans heads rent free 12 years later. 

Just the 8 then 😄😄😄

I've answered above why this is just a further example of Josh's failings from Denver. Gives up on talented players like Leatherwood after no time at all in favour of a guy who knows his system, but is clearly seen by the Patriots as entirely expendable.

I guess the Broncos in general are "rent free" in your head, given you've been posting your jibes in there relentlessly for that entire 12 year period? Is that how this works?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

The point is, the message it sends to the rest of the team is a very poor one. Familiarity over talent.

The job of a Coach (well, Coaches) is to develop talent. Not just give up on talented players because there is a guy available who knows your system.

Spare me with the 'decent 6th man' talk. He isn't a decent option as a swing Tackle. They are an incredibly valuable commodity in the NFL; not something a team basically gives away for nothing.

Just the 8 then 😄😄😄

I've answered above why this is just a further example of Josh's failings from Denver. Gives up on talented players like Leatherwood after no time at all in favour of a guy who knows his system, but is clearly seen by the Patriots as entirely expendable.

I guess the Broncos in general are "rent free" in your head, given you've been posting your jibes in there relentlessly for that entire 12 year period? Is that how this works?

Guys who were with the Pats last season they have on the current roster: Stidham, Bolden, Johnson (FB) and now Herron. He was expendable, because the Pats have depth at the position.

Leatherwood was not a talented player. He was an easy cut after being beat out by a 7th round rookie.

 

 

Edited by big_palooka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Spare me with the 'decent 6th man' talk. He isn't a decent option as a swing Tackle. They are an incredibly valuable commodity in the NFL; not something a team basically gives away for nothing.

Just like a Pro Bowl guard isn’t something a team gives away for practically nothing (Shaq Mason for a Day 3 pick)? Can act however you want, but Herron’s a young tackle with some experience. Probably not a guy you’ll ever see start 17 games and be real happy about, but for a depth piece he’s fine. Stop being over dramatic.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...