Week 3 Games

Leader

I saw a Superbowl?  or a playoff game, I think if I remember correctly, but afterwards Tom Brady played catch with Drew Breeses' kids. The QBs were talking non football but at the same time throwing the ball to the kids. It was pretty awesome. 

4 hours ago, svp said:

I saw a Superbowl?  or a playoff game, I think if I remember correctly, but afterwards Tom Brady played catch with Drew Breeses' kids. The QBs were talking non football but at the same time throwing the ball to the kids. It was pretty awesome. 

Divisional before they defeated us in the 2020 playoffs.

9 hours ago, Leader said:

I said it more times (about Pickens) than anybody cared to hear during the buildup to the draft: all he does is catch the ball.

Some of the negatives on Pickens related to maturity. According to some Georgia fans, a monster ego and an arse off the field. Is that exaggeration or just a young guy growing up...........make the call and live with it either way.

Watson played significantly lesser competition (than Pickens) on a team that emphasised the run rather than the pass. Watson is a mid 4.3 runner to Pickens mid 4.4 and he is about about an inch and a half taller, 10lb heavier and the better athlete. Pickens has the more reliable hands. Watson went at pick 28, Pickens at 52 - both were gone before the Packers original first round two pick, at 53.

I liked them both but preferred Watson pre-draft - we'll see how it all pans out over the next few years

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Some of the negatives on Pickens related to maturity. According to some Georgia fans, a monster ego and an arse off the field. Is that exaggeration or just a young guy growing up...........make the call and live with it either way.

Watson played significantly lesser competition (than Pickens) on a team that emphasised the run rather than the pass. Watson is a mid 4.3 runner to Pickens mid 4.4 and he is about about an inch and a half taller, 10lb heavier and the better athlete. Pickens has the more reliable hands. Watson went at pick 28, Pickens at 52 - both were gone before the Packers original first round two pick, at 53.

I liked them both but preferred Watson pre-draft - we'll see how it all pans out over the next few years

Another knock on Pickens was his small hands.  One of the things that concerned me about him especially playing at Lambeau in the cold.  Of course you wouldn't know it from that catch he made last night.  Can see why the Pack went with Watson but they paid a pretty steep price to do it.  Character matters in GB and by all accounts Watson is a really good kid.  It will be interesting to see how there careers unfold.  

13 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Another knock on Pickens was his small hands.  One of the things that concerned me about him especially playing at Lambeau in the cold.  Of course you wouldn't know it from that catch he made last night.  Can see why the Pack went with Watson but they paid a pretty steep price to do it.  Character matters in GB and by all accounts Watson is a really good kid.  It will be interesting to see how there careers unfold.  

I'm done beating the Picken's drum. The draft is over and I've absolutely no clue about his hand size. My perspective comes simply from videos of the guy in which he shows real skill catching the ball. Thats it. WR - catches just about everything thrown his way - works for me.

I've no clue about his route running and couldnt care less if he's one of many "immature guys" to come out of college. He didnt have a police record to my knowledge - so all I focused on was his pass catching ability. I dont think he'll fail at this level. The skills are there.

The character concerns for Pickens pre-draft were well documented. He was suspended twice at Georgia. He was also coming off a torn ACL. And WR's with character issues don't exactly have a great track record in the NFL. The Packers stay away from that and its fine with me. Also I've never seen a guy get so much pub for catching 3 passes per game. It's almost as bad as the gadget guy fetish.

• Like 1

Adam Schefter -  Chargers’ QB Justin Herbert is expected to make a decision during pregame warm-ups about whether to take a pain-killing injection in his fractured rib cartilage to try and play vs the Jaguars.

///

More often than not this doesnt work out well...