Week 3 GDT Battle of the unbeaten: Bills at Dolphins

Trentwannabe

401437738.png?templateId=espn.com.share.

I don’t have the time to make it pretty this week. 

I think this will be a great game and a great test for both teams. Bills are banged up in the secondary but their DL should be mostly good to go and they’re dominant.

Allen loves playing Miami. Diggs is on a whole other level right now. Bills OL has done very well on pass protection. 

Ill say
Bills 34
Dolphins 24

17 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'd be shocked if Jackson played but I think Hyde guts it out, no idea about the extent of Phillips hammy injury so that's touch and go. Gonna be a shootout, if the defense holds them under 24 I'll consider it a W. We've owned them the last decade, don't see it changing now.

Only issue with Hyde is it’s a neck injury. Not necessarily something to tough out. He’s apparently out of town getting a second opinion.

I like Jaquan Johnson and Hamlin but this is a week we desperately wanted our safety duo out there. It all comes down to our DL.

Hyde was mentioned to be traveling out of town to get a second opinion on his neck so I do not see how he will be able to play this week. Dane and Poyer spotted on the field in non concact jerseys is a nice indication in the right direction. Phillips was absent at practice and I do not think he will be ready to go. With that said it looks like all the other guys who were injured in the game and the ones who didnt play were a full go at practice and will likely play.

Bills have been a dominant force up front on the dline as the have the second highest pressure rate in the league and only needed to blitz 3 times thus far. I expect this to continue as it was a major emphasis on getting to the qb faster after the last game of 2021 season.

On the offensive side of the ball the phins d hasnt been good as they are ranked 5th worse in passer rating and completion percentage of 72% for Lamar and mac. 3rd fewest sacks and pressures in the league. 

Injuries may hinder the outcome of the final score but I still expect this bills team to win..Rich Eisen put it best the Bills have come for the opposing souls and causing coaches to second guess their season I would enjoy miami being the 3rd as their fanbase has been overly cocky this week. A close win will still give them confidence but a beat down will end their idea of having a contender early on.

We can get by without Hyde, Dane, and Phillips, but if we're missing Oliver, Poyer, and Settle on top of that, then this becomes a much closer affair. Of course, the Dolphins are dealing with their own injuries, so if Armstead, Jackson, and Howard are out, then I think we still beat them pretty handily even if we're missing all those guys because the Dolphins O line will get abused.

If both teams are healthy- I think we're the far superior team unless the Dolphins can shore up their defense and O line.

I'm going to go under the assumption that we'll *only* be missing Hyde, Phillips, and Jackson. If that's the case- I believe the defensive line will ABUSE the Dolphins O line. There only chance will be to hope for a ton of yards after catches from Waddle and Hill, and they win the turnover battle. 

I do not foresee this happening, though. The d line will cause Tua to throw errant passes, which he has still been plagued by this year; they just haven't turned into a lot of INTs...yet. 

Allen is going to ball out again. If Howard is out, then Diggs will be uncoverable, and McDaniel will have to game plan heavily for him. Unfortunately for the Dolphins- their D line isn't causing a lot of pressure, so Allen should have a lot of time in the pocket again. So throw, throw, throw! It'll be nice to get the running game going as the season progresses, but for this game- Allen should be able to win it similarly to the way we abused the Titans- primarily through the air. 

Final prediction***

Buffalo- 41

Dolphins- 24

***subject to change depending on injuries.

Edited by WizeGuy

29 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Only issue with Hyde is it’s a neck injury. Not necessarily something to tough out. He’s apparently out of town getting a second opinion.

I like Jaquan Johnson and Hamlin but this is a week we desperately wanted our safety duo out there. It all comes down to our DL.

Good news is the Dolphins O line is meh at best even when healthy, but Armstead is dealing with his yearly injuries and Jackson may also be out. If they're missing their top two tackles, then the D line is going to EAT and it'll be tough for Tua to extend the play long enough for him to air it out since he 1) hasn't proven yet to effectively avoid pressure (although he did better against the Ravens) & 2) He really, really struggles throwing on a rollout, so I can't see him throwing a 40 yard dime on the run; more likely to just check it down if he rolls out. 

Definitely a loss for this defense. Just means the guys up front need to start winning in the trenches early and putting hits on tua consistently to get him rattled early on. I am sure mcd is going to play a lot of deep cover giving them the short passes to prevent the big plays from happening. Offense needs to come through and put some points up. This team is the better team and should be able to dominate in the trenches, just need to post 30+ points forcing tua to have to match that. Hopefully it is a quick start for the bills and never look back