Week 3 GDT Battle of the unbeaten: Bills at Dolphins

Trentwannabe

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Why does the NFL let these games happen in September, it's absurd to play in 100 degree heat like this.

Should we be forced to start every season with four road games or something?

Anyway,  really hard fought game guys. Obviously, a lot was trending our way in this game and we still were seconds away from losing. You guys are definitely still the Super Bowl favorites in my mind.

Hope Josh's hand turns out to be okay. I want to see him crumble and burn... but not on account of injury.

30 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Anyway,  really hard fought game guys. Obviously, a lot was trending our way in this game and we still were seconds away from losing. You guys are definitely still the Super Bowl favorites in my mind.

Hope Josh's hand turns out to be okay. I want to see him crumble and burn... but not on account of injury.

I think we should be allowed to take your heaters away in the December game lol 

I think it’s a good thing that media and fans (not you or even anyone on here) are now saying Miami is the best team in the league and Tua our players Allen - m yes I’ve seen that lol. 

Bills love being the underdog story. Next week vs the Ravens will be a battle to say the least 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think we should be allowed to take your heaters away in the December game lol 

I think it’s a good thing that media and fans (not you or even anyone on here) are now saying Miami is the best team in the league and Tua our players Allen - m yes I’ve seen that lol. 

Bills love being the underdog story. Next week vs the Ravens will be a battle to say the least 

People are saying we're the best team in the league?

Huh.

14 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Nah, but they need to allow the visiting team to properly prepare their sideline for that type of heat. It really does become a player health issue. The real feel on the Bills side was 115 F! That's insanity! There's a reason we were dealing with way more injuries, and that 9 minute drive we had did more damage to our offense than the Phins defense, which is wonky! Toward the end of the drive we had WRs/TEs going to the lockerroom for IVs to be hydrated and our O line started dropping like flies due to heat exhaustion and cramps. It was a **** show, and something the league should look into if only for health reasons.

I like the Phins, though. Really hoping yall make the playoffs. Tua is taking the next step. I see him turning into a Cousins like QB, which is a QB you can win with. I also like McDaniel a lot. Y'all are in good hands.

Edited by WizeGuy

Don't read too much into this game, folks. September football is rarely a good indicator of where a team will be at in January, and given the circumstances with injuries and the logistical ****ery that the weather and stadium design caused- this was not a normal Sunday afternoon game. 

I will say- props to the defense. They held it the **** down w/ a ton of starters out. I thought for sure we were going to allow around 30pts once Poyer and Oliver were confirmed out, but the defense did great despite those injuries. I mean- one of the scores came off the Dolphins starting their drive in the redzone. We were a Milano dropped pick six away from having damn near a perfect game on defense. Gives me a ton of confidence when we see the Phins again with Oliver, Poyer, and White playing. 

The offense sputtered, but we know that wont be the norm. That was due to the intense heat and stadium design that gave the Phins an 'advantage' by allowing their team stay cool in the shade while out guys baked in the heat. That advantage came to fruition on our 9 minute drive in which our offense started dropping like flies. Those drives usually kill the opposing defense!

I like Tua, though. I think he'll be pretty good. Probably a Cousins like player. I also think the Phins have a solid coach  in McDaniel. They won't be a gimme game in the future, though I do see us whooping them if we're both on level playing fields.

Onto Baltimore!

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Don't read too much into this game, folks. September football is rarely a good indicator of where a team will be at in January

This is why I wasn’t too concerned about sitting Poyer, Morse and Ed Oliver. Too long of a season to risk further injury for a week 3 game.

Everyone in the world thought our season was over or at least the division after the MNF loss to NE last year. Things change quickly.

Would anyone be surprised to us back in 1st place at 4-1 within two weeks? I wouldn’t. Though Baltimore will be very tough 

Congrats to the Dolphins on their SB win ... that game reminded me of the Bills v Patriots from 2011. NE played horrible but was still in the game late. Miami is a good team. However, They are NOT elite and that offense is cute but not threatening. 

Cant win them all. On to Baltimore (which scares me alot more then Miami). 

Edited by Tommy_C

1 hour ago, Tommy_C said:

Congrats to the Dolphins on their SB win ... that game reminded me of the Bills v Patriots from 2011. NE played horrible but was still in the game late. Miami is a good team. However, They are NOT elite and that offense is cute but not threatening. 

Cant win them all. On to Baltimore (which scares me alot more then Miami). 

Meh. Try not to take their happiness too personally, and avoid social media hot takes from fans!

It's hard to read Miami's offense because they've been playing battered and bruised defenses the past two weeks. Yesterday- Tua only had 18 passing attempts, but he was efficient.  He had trouble sustaining drives. Lots of quick outs in the second half until that dime to waddle, which was a great pass. The TD pass was nice, too. Got incredibly lucky not to have a pick-6 via Milano, though.

Allen, however- was willing his team down the field. Just slightly off on a couple of plays, and some good pressures by the Dolphins kept the O from putting up over 30pts. That won't happen often, and given the conditions the team was playing in- I'm not going to be too hard on them. 

We really struggled up the middle on defense. Losing Oliver and Phillips took away a lot of that push.  If the defense was healthy- we likely win this game. If the weather was decent- we likely win this game even w/ the injuries. It was the perfect storm similar to the Pats game last year except a different set of variables impacting the outcome. 

Edited by WizeGuy