Jump to content

Week #3 GDT: Raiders @ Titans: No Polls, No Frills, Just Holes to Fill


ronjon1990
 Share

Recommended Posts

All I want to see is players earn their check and if we take an L it is because the Titans gave it to us instead of the team thinking the game is over at the half.  I want to see 60 minutes of effort.  Do not care what the score is.  If McDaniels can not get that out of the team after last week he is not the man for the job.  Anybody else found not giving 60 minutes of effort needs their walking papers.  I do not care who it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Competent coaches don’t start 0-3, first year or not. Especially in two games were favored (ARI, TEN)

All or nothing here for McDaniels. I’m already lukewarm on him leaning towards cold. If he loses here, I’m already done. Literally. My patience as a Raider fan has dwindled, I know failure and bad choices when I see them. 

If we beat Tenny by two scores, I’ll be back on the saddle. Not fully back on the saddle, still lukewarm, but learning more towards the hot side. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want a dam win. If we go 0-3 I can see the team turn on jmd. Especially given the love the team has/had for rich and gus . After watching the pressers yesterday only adams seems serious. Everyone else seems so nonchalant cracking jokes like we’re 2-0. No sense of urgency or desperation. I firmly believe a team is a direct reflection of the coach. Sunday will speak volumes 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I just want a dam win. If we go 0-3 I can see the team turn on jmd. Especially given the love the team has/had for rich and gus . After watching the pressers yesterday only adams seems serious. Everyone else seems so nonchalant cracking jokes like we’re 2-0. No sense of urgency or desperation. I firmly believe a team is a direct reflection of the coach. Sunday will speak volumes 

Yeah that was always a concern about McDaniels. 

Rich had his ceiling as a coach. I think Dan Campbell has plenty of flaws from a coaching perspective. I think Mike Vrabel has plenty more flaws. 

They need good coordinators and good players to pull them along from being meh at best in regard to coaching. But their teams would follow them off cliffs every single Sunday come hell or high water. 

I've never gotten that vibe from Josh McDaniels. If anything, I felt the Broncos couldn't wait to get rid of him and the Colts seemed relieved not to have him. 

I'd hoped maybe the 3rd time was the charm, but two weeks in..... I'm far from convinced. We hired the guy, but he wasn't someone most any of us would've had as first choice. If anything, he was the one guy many of us wanted to avoid. Someone above all of us got rosey-eyed about him. And, well, one only need to go back through the draft threads over the last few years to know virtually any of us seem to understand football at a higher level than the Raiders organization. 

I'm firmly with @BayRaideron this one- we go 0-3, I'm done with McDaniels. We're a better team than our opponents have been, imo, and this isn't Josh's first rodeo- his first one just sucked and his second got left at the altar. 

Edited by ronjon1990
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah that was always a concern about McDaniels. 

Rich had his ceiling as a coach. I think Dan Campbell has plenty of flaws from a coaching perspective. I think Mike Vrabel has plenty more flaws. 

They need good coordinators and good players to pull them along from being meh at best in regard to coaching. But their teams would follow them off cliffs every single Sunday come hell or high water. 

I've never gotten that vibe from Josh McDaniels. If anything, I felt the Broncos couldn't wait to get rid of him and the Colts seemed relieved not to have him. 

I'd hoped maybe the 3rd time was the charm, but two weeks in..... I'm far from convinced. We hired the guy, but he wasn't someone most any of us would've had as first choice. If anything, he was the one guy many of us wanted to avoid. Someone above all of us got rosey-eyed about him. And, well, one only need to go back through the draft threads over the last few years to know virtually any of us seem to understand football at a higher level than the Raiders organization. 

I'm firmly with @BayRaideron this one- we go 0-3, I'm done with McDaniels. We're a better team than our opponents have been, imo, and this isn't Josh's first rodeo- his first one just sucked and his second got left at the altar. 

The Indy thing was a total disgrace on McDaniels part. His staff were already buying houses and they found out through the media. Josh ghosted them. Same ol Denver Josh. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few notable quotes from the day the news of his hire broke:

Rolni- my big question is can he be a leader

Blazer026- Seems like a low floor, high ceiling. Excited to see how this goes. 

Heart of Oak- Denver, JMcD lost the locker room, now that was 10 years ago and people change but has he learned the lesson of what went wrong and changed his approach as far as being a leader of men. 

Totty- Not this guy. It needs to be 10-7 or better to justify this.  

BayRaider- Can’t wait to see the excuses if we go 5-12 and people are in fully-defend McDaniels mode. 

Jraider91- Have no faith, NE coaches are terrible and maybe he has made immense growth as a person but i find the idea of him doing it in the same place he was before questionable 

Nightmare- I have no doubt McDaniels will improve our offense, and I like the idea of having an actual structure in place between the GM and HC, which we haven’t had in… forever?

I do think there are a lot of red flags with Josh though. There’s the obvious ‘Patriots Way doesn’t work’ argument, there’s the fact McDaniels himself is questionable in terms of leadership

Jeremy408- The Athletic's Vic Tafur reports Raiders players "were disappointed to hear the news" that the team hired Josh McDaniels as head coach. 

ronjon1990- I'm soooooo disappointed in this hire. Ugh.

 

Doesn't seem like much has changed so far. If anything, it looks bad. Especially the Tafur report, in light of the team's attitude and the results so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

A few notable quotes from the day the news of his hire broke:

Rolni- my big question is can he be a leader

Blazer026- Seems like a low floor, high ceiling. Excited to see how this goes. 

Heart of Oak- Denver, JMcD lost the locker room, now that was 10 years ago and people change but has he learned the lesson of what went wrong and changed his approach as far as being a leader of men. 

Totty- Not this guy. It needs to be 10-7 or better to justify this.  

BayRaider- Can’t wait to see the excuses if we go 5-12 and people are in fully-defend McDaniels mode. 

Jraider91- Have no faith, NE coaches are terrible and maybe he has made immense growth as a person but i find the idea of him doing it in the same place he was before questionable 

Nightmare- I have no doubt McDaniels will improve our offense, and I like the idea of having an actual structure in place between the GM and HC, which we haven’t had in… forever?

I do think there are a lot of red flags with Josh though. There’s the obvious ‘Patriots Way doesn’t work’ argument, there’s the fact McDaniels himself is questionable in terms of leadership

Jeremy408- The Athletic's Vic Tafur reports Raiders players "were disappointed to hear the news" that the team hired Josh McDaniels as head coach. 

ronjon1990- I'm soooooo disappointed in this hire. Ugh.

 

Doesn't seem like much has changed so far. If anything, it looks bad. Especially the Tafur report, in light of the team's attitude and the results so far. 

There’s also quotes of me excited about his ceiling… but overall the hire felt lukewarm. I would have preferred Jim Harbaugh or some elite college coach. 

McDaniels gives me pause because he hasn’t proven he has leadership traits yet. He also hasn’t proven he is ANYTHING without Brady. Last year was the first year ever where it looked like he might be something without Brady. He made a rookie QB with a meh arm look pretty good. So that got me excited as well. 

He’s a boom or bust hire, similar to a super athletic 1st round pick with barely any production. Rare for a coach to be a boom or bust. Josh McDaniels has no floor, it doesn't exist. He could be a 5-12 HC no matter what his roster is due to leadership issues. However, his ceiling is sky high, like multiple Super Bowl appearances sky high.

It’s only a two game sample size, but it’s leaning in the direction a lot of us feared. Game 3 will be very telling. I will still have my ears in hoping he improves as a coach and leader of men. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

2024 Patriots hire Josh McDaniels as Offensive Coordinator for the 18th time

Josh to Bill: Scammed another team for $ lol

Bill: Mark Davis lol

Kraft: My boy lol

Don’t wanna say it but Jmd nonchalantly knows he can always go back to ne. any other coach would be blackballed after the Indy pull out stunt also btw

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Don’t wanna say it but Jmd nonchalantly knows he can always go back to ne. any other coach would be blackballed after the Indy pull out stunt also btw

100%. Josh does not feel pressure because a cushy OC NE job is always there, including the first crack at NE HC when Bill retires. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

100%. Josh does not feel pressure because a cushy OC NE job is always there, including the first crack at NE HC when Bill retires. 

Gotta wonder if he's not a little naive in that assumption nowadays, too. 

It's certainly the truth, no doubt he feels that way. But another burnout as a HC may just spell the end for his HC chances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...