GDT - Week 11: Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints

turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

I guess saying the saints can’t stop the run is an incorrect description but saying that’s the weakest part of their defense would not be.

I would certainly agree with that, the Defense seems to be getting a bit better every week, but the Run D is certainly the weakest link in a strong chain. We held LeSean McCoy to 49 yards (though that is easy when your offense runs away with the time of possession). Getting where we need to be bit by bit. Who is running the rock  for you guys?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Junkies, Cooley & Kevin, The Lockeroom w/ Brian Mitchell & Doc Walker, Steve Czaban & Scott Lynn, Grant & Danny and Chris Russell or Craig Hoffman before Chad Dukes Imo. Dukes puts on a shock radio type show, he has good guests like Santana Moss and Others but he’s not an expert of sports and doesn’t know much detail. He’s basically a much lesser version of the junkies but he’s only one guy and I hate that. They need to find an ex-player who can give us good analysis next to his blowhard comments like Kendrick Golston or Will Montgomery etc

Used to love Cooley, but hate that whole station; Brian and Doc are ok though.. All the personalities were just blah. And Grant and Danny were just cringe-worthy.

1 minute ago, navysaintsfan said:

I would certainly agree with that, the Defense seems to be getting a bit better every week, but the Run D is certainly the weakest link in a strong chain. We held LeSean McCoy to 49 yards (though that is easy when your offense runs away with the time of possession). Getting where we need to be bit by bit. Who is running the rock  for you guys?

Yeah, the redskins had a good run D until Jonathan Allen was lost for the season and then two weeks later our second best interior DL Ioannidis broke his hand.

I think Samaje Perine will be the bell cow to the extent we run the ball - probably 10-15 carries - Thompson will get more snaps though, like 5-10 carries and 5 receptions.

Just now, JMG5 said:

The Saints have have been pretty good at stopping the run aside from 1-2 big plays per game. 

I'm honestly just looking forward to a good game. Good luck and let's hope for no injuries.

those 1-2 plays a game are always huge chunks though. Funny though, you take away Shady's big run last week and he had 7 carries for 13 yardsxD

3 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Used to love Cooley, but hate that whole station; Brian and Doc are ok though.. All the personalities were just blah. And Grant and Danny were just cringe-worthy.

Fair enough, to eac( their own. I don’t listen for personalities, 8 listen for analysis and the best information. Czabe though is the best IMO! He, Scott Lynn and Steve Soloman the producer are hilarious. You should listen on the ESPN980 app if you get a chance, 4-7 pm.

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Watch us lose because of Kirk cousins .

i feel like a 3 int type game and he he get pulled .

Lmao! If I had a dollar for every time you said that I’d be a billionaire. Didn’t you say he’d throw 3 vs San Fran? How’d that prediction turn out? 330 yds, 2 TDs & only 1 int. Wouldn’t shock me to see Cousins have a game lik3 had vs Minny & Seattle. 300 yds and a TD or 2

20 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

You guys seem really hard on Cousins. I always thought he was pretty solid.

Only a few fans are but they always seem larger & louder than his supporters because they complain about his every incompletion and god forbid he throw an int! Oh that’s just the end of the world!

32 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

He would be well advised to not throw a bad pass towards Lattimore as he seems predisposed to make those his ownxD

Not a worry our outside wrs struggle to get open vs average cbs, Cousins will target Crowder in the slot, Vernon Davis and Chris Thompson twice as much as the outside wrs. Against minny last week, Cousins threw 45 passes, 32 targets went to RBs, TEs or Crowder. Cousins will get his stats because he’ll throw mostly to those 3, whether we run effectively enough or are good enough in the redzone to keep pace with you is what the true test is.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Lmao! If I had a dollar for every time you said that I’d be a billionaire. Didn’t you say he’d throw 3 vs San Fran? How’d that prediction turn out? 330 yds, 2 TDs & only 1 int. Wouldn’t shock me to see Cousins have a game lik3 had vs Minny & Seattle. 300 yds and a TD or 2

Ctfu and u think cousins was good in minny or Seattle ?

every dollar ... I barley even post about Kirk but I'll start to do that now this man is on the dashing hot seat and I doubt he's back next year unless he steps up.