GDT - Week 11: Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints

turtle28

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Again, calling a play that takes an OL pulling and Niles Paul actually being good at a position he doesn't play to achieve .5 yards of field position is beyond stupid. Sneak the damn QB. Kirk could've fell forward for the first down. You don't need to call a play that gives the defense that much time to react and needs that many things to go right for it to work. 

Sure and if that didn’t work you still would have blames Gruden and said he should have run the ball behind Scherff who missed a block.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Sure and if that didn’t work you still would have blames Gruden and said he should have run the ball behind Scherff who missed a block.

If he called a sneak and it didn't work, so be it. You don't call a play that takes so long to get going. It was a really bad call. That's two weeks in a row where he's made awful calls in short yardage situations. Stop getting cute and just call a damn play to get a half a yard. You don't need to have OL pulling and Niles Paul blocking and all of these other elaborate things just to get a friggin half yard. As a headcoach, he's failing. Not miserably but he's failing either way. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Whatever, you’re always a “yeah but” guy with the coaches and Cousins because you don’t like them.

I'm the one who wanted Jay Gruden hired. It's been four years and he isn't improving. He's not growing with the position, he's simply existing within the job. He makes the same mistakes, week in and week out. He knew what was going to happen if we punted the ball back to the Saints but played ***** ball and it bit us. He's responsible for this team and what happens on the field. At the end of the day it's his squad out there blowing 15 point leads. Whether it's offense, defense or special teams. It's Jays team. He's the head guy. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm the one who wanted Jay Gruden hired. It's been four years and he isn't improving. He's not growing with the position, he's simply existing within the job. He makes the same mistakes, week in and week out. He knew what was going to happen if we punted the ball back to the Saints but played ***** ball and it bit us. He's responsible for this team and what happens on the field. At the end of the day it's his squad out there blowing 15 point leads. Whether it's offense, defense or special teams. It's Jays team. He's the head guy. 

Rinse and repeat. 

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

What is Long's status? Is he still injured?

He tried to go last week but you could see he was extremely limited. He'd come in for a series and then go right back out. I won't be surprised if they shut him down for the rest of the year. If they bring him back next year I'd expect him to try and move back to LG. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

So we should just stick with Jay for the hell of it? Be honest here, do you see us contending for Super Bowls with this front office and coaching staff? 

Consider who’s hiring the coaches - Bruce Allen - we could do a lot worse than Gruden & Manusky. If healthy our team is a few wins better we all know that.  

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He missed his block on the 3rd & 1, Teo got free to tackle Perine for a 1 yard loss. 

I saw that, but he didn't get a clean release. He got squeezed in between two people from what I saw and just couldn't get there in time. 

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I saw that, but he didn't get a clean release. He got squeezed in between two people from what I saw and just couldn't get there in time. 

Seems like it was still his mistake though. Overall though I definitely think he’s our present and future at center as Lavar said. I’m elated at his play as a 6th round rookie from Wyoming. Did he and Doctson ever play together at Wyoming?

• Like 1