Browns vs Steelers post game 5 up and 5 down

Kiwibrown

52 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Absolutely. It's time to blitz from the opposing side of Garrett. We did some things last year where Garrett dropped into coverage and we sent a blitz away from him. Worked very well when we did it. Let's do a little more of that as the season goes on. It's tough to deal with that.

This is exactly what happened on the play where Phillips sacked Trubisky.

52 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

As far as Walker getting hurt...sucks for him. However, I don't think he's very good and I don't think that hurts our defense really at all. If anything, he's a C+ whereas Phillips is a C. A very marginal step down. Tony Fields looked good though! I liked him coming out of college and he's done nothing to dispel my belief in him yet. He just hasn't seen a lot of time, as he's JOK's backup.

Walker at least seems to be a guy who accepts accountability and may have actual leadership traits, which is something this defense has shown to lack.

Fields did pop a bit last night though which was good to see.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The second penalty when they panned over to him and he rolled his eyes and shook his head was as close to angry as I've seen him. I think it's pretty clear that Stefanski is heavily involved in the offensive day to day, playcalling, personnel, and logistics. The next step for him is going to be shoring up the defensive side and special teams in terms of expectations for players and staff. He may actually delegate too much and defer too much to his staff there.

I can’t help but think that some of that is a guy feeling like he should be capable of delegating special teams to a guy who’s been coaching them at the professional level of years.

At a certain point, especially for ST imo, there comes a point of “I don’t have the time to hold your hand through this.  Are you going to get this taken care of or not?”.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He was notable missing all game. Doesn’t take box score watching to see that. I’m just using a box score as proof he hasn’t done a damn thing. 

Well if the offense is using 2-3 guys to keep you from putting up box score stats, that in and of itself is making an impact.  At that point it’s up to other players and coaches to make the opponent pay for focusing so heavily on one player.