Week 3 - Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings 1:00 PM

Sllim Pickens

Sounds like AO is back this week which is huge going against JJ and Theilin.  

Need to work on the three and outs against a high powered offense like Minny as stated in the link below. 

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2022/09/22/detroit-lions-offense-ben-johnson-high-scoring-more-to-give/69512155007/

I am guessing it will be a shootout but think we pull it out 30-27.  

• Like 1

I think this one comes down to our defense. So many questions still for them. Can we cover their receivers? Can Okudah keep playing like he has? Is Aiden going to be healthy? Can we get a pass rush?

Then culture questions like, can we maintain a winning attitude? Is MN going to come out angry after their loss to Philly?

I'm very excited to see this game. I feel like this one will give me a pretty good gauge on how the season is going to go.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I think this one comes down to our defense. So many questions still for them. Can we cover there receivers? Can Okudah keep playing like he has? Is Aiden going to be healthy? Can we get a pass rush?

Then culture questions like, can we maintain a winning attitude? Is MN going to come out angry after their loss to Philly?

I'm very excited to see this game. I feel like this one will give me a pretty good gauge on how the season is going to go.

I like what I have read like the article above where the offense, coaches and players, arent happy with where they are.  Its a sign we have more fight and arent happy just being a high scoring offense and want to continually improve.  We have scored on 11 of 14 possessions that we have got a first down on, so starting a drive well is key for us. 

I am also very concerned about our defense this week.  Could look like the Eagles game early. But also I am drinking Koolaid until I'm forced to quit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Sounds like Ragnow will be back for this one as well. 

TBH, I see us splitting with Minny this year and both teams winning their home game, so I'm expecting a hard fought loss. But *if* we win, we go into NE 3-1 right before our BYE week and I think we have a chance to make a run. 

If Ragnow is back what does the interior of our Oline look like?

Skipper-Ragnow-Brown?

Brown-Ragnow-Stenburg?

23 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Sounds like Ragnow will be back for this one as well. 

TBH, I see us splitting with Minny this year and both teams winning their home game, so I'm expecting a hard fought loss. But *if* we win, we go into NE 3-1 right before our BYE week and I think we have a chance to make a run. 

I think we split too, but I can totally see Detroit this year being the 2021 Bengals and get hot at the right time.

I love your coach. I think he's finally changed the culture of your team. The Lions aren't going to be a laughing stock anymore, and I bet you guys are all very excited for the future of your team!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think we split too, but I can totally see Detroit this year being the 2021 Bengals and get hot at the right time.

I love your coach. I think he's finally changed the culture of your team. The Lions aren't going to be a laughing stock anymore, and I bet you guys are all very excited for the future of your team!

This is the first time since the 90s I’ve had some hope. I’m hopeful we fight for a wild card this year although I don’t quite think we are there yet. I’m hopeful next year we are going to be that much better.

it’s really hard to root against these coaches and against this team. So it’s exciting times as a lions fan.

Here’s to a good game tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

We don't have the pieces to shut down Jefferson like Philly does. I expect him to play pissed off, in front of a home crowd, and to put up big numbers. 

Conversely, I expect our run game to do well, especially up the middle if Swift can get passed your LBs. Harrison Smith being out is very favorable for us. 

• Like 1