Week 3: Rams @ Cardinals

LeotheLion

Figured I'd start this ahead of time. Big divisional game for us. Secondary injuries really piling up as we will be without Long, Durant, and Hill. Really would be a nice week to get Ramsey out of a funk and play a complete game with Rochell and Kendrick playing heavy snaps. 

Offensively, I'd like to see Stafford take care of the ball and the OL to build off of last week. 

I think we should take this one, but the 2 things that worry me are turnovers and 3rd down defense. 

• Like 1

I’m with you.. way too many turn overs on offense so far. Need to get better there. Another couple picks by stafford and he might be headed towards 30+ picks lol 

Im very worried about the secondary. Fuller is questionable while a ton of corners are out. Thankfully the Cards receivers are suspended or a little beat up as well. Its all about containing kyler. If there’s no pass rush.. it’s going to be a long long day for the DBs and defense in general. 

Outside of the five ints Stafford has been pretty flawless. Completing 72% of his passes and just carving defenses up. I don’t mind him being aggressive he just have to be more smart with the ball. We won the Superbowl with him leading the NFL in ints so I think we can overstate ints. ARod don’t throw many ints and he get into the playoffs and choke. Why? Bc his tendency to be too safe hurts him in big moments when he should be more aggressive and take more chances. So I’m not too concerned with Stafford.

I would say the defensive backs injured concerns me but we saw last season the Rams go into Arizona with a ton of starters out due to injury and covid and still dominate. This is where Donald, Wagner, and Ramsey have to step up more and show why they are the best. This is where Stafford and Kupp and that offense have to step up and make sure they score enough to win. 

The Cards still don’t have D-Hop which still is going to be an issue for them. I believe the Rams will be focused for 4 quarters to start strong and especially finish strong and win this game. McVay owns the Cards and I don’t think that will change Sunday. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Outside of the five ints Stafford has been pretty flawless. Completing 72% of his passes and just carving defenses up. I don’t mind him being aggressive he just have to be more smart with the ball. We won the Superbowl with him leading the NFL in ints so I think we can overstate ints. ARod don’t throw many ints and he get into the playoffs and choke. Why? Bc his tendency to be too safe hurts him in big moments when he should be more aggressive and take more chances. So I’m not too concerned with Stafford.

I would say the defensive backs injured concerns me but we saw last season the Rams go into Arizona with a ton of starters out due to injury and covid and still dominate. This is where Donald, Wagner, and Ramsey have to step up more and show why they are the best. This is where Stafford and Kupp and that offense have to step up and make sure they score enough to win. 

The Cards still don’t have D-Hop which still is going to be an issue for them. I believe the Rams will be focused for 4 quarters to start strong and especially finish strong and win this game. McVay owns the Cards and I don’t think that will change Sunday. 

The INTs are never acceptable. SB or not, every year is different. You need some luck to win the SB. Stafford keeping up with these INTs can not happen again when the team is clearly not as strong as last years team. As for Rodgers, I don’t really like him much, but I disagree. Maybe last year he was too passive, But let’s not act like he didn’t have to put up 40+ multiple times in the playoffs because his defense was terrible. I’ll take Kupp, OBJ, and Van over Just Adams any day. If Rodgers was a Ram last year, I don’t think the Rams lose more than 2 games. I refuse to compare those 2 in terms of talent. Im happy we have Stafford but it’s his second year in the offense. He can’t lead the league in INTs again.  

i agree on the rest though. I think LA pulls it off. 

Edited by MDY10
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

The INTs are never acceptable. SB or not, every year is different. You need some luck to win the SB. Stafford keeping up with these INTs can not happen again when the team is clearly not as strong as last years team. As for Rodgers, I don’t really like him much, but I disagree. Maybe last year he was too passive, But let’s not act like he didn’t have to put up 40+ multiple times in the playoffs because his defense was terrible. I’ll take Kupp, OBJ, and Van over Just Adams any day. If Rodgers was a Ram last year, I don’t think the Rams lose more than 2 games. I refuse to compare those 2 in terms of talent. Im happy we have Stafford but it’s his second year in the offense. He can’t lead the league in INTs again.  

i agree on the rest though. I think LA pulls it off. 

I think you just like myself and so many others fall in love with the talent and accolades of ARod. I wouldn’t won’t ARod as my QB bc he has trust issues. If he don’t trust you as soon as you mess up he won’t go to you again. They lost that playoff game to the Niners bc he refused to go to anyone other than Jones and Adams the rest of the game after Lewis fumbled. I knew it drove the Packers fans crazy to see I think Lazard wide open and ARod forced it it into double coverage to Adams in the 4th on a crucial series. It almost was picked off too. So yeah ARod is talented and has the accolades but I’ll take Stafford over him bc I know Stafford is going to trust his receivers and he isn’t going to be passive in big moments.

And let’s be real that Stafford isn’t going to throw 30 ints. For me ints you have to look at them differently based on alot of factors. I’m not going to fully blame Stafford for every int he throw. Sometimes it’s his fault but other times the receivers need to catch the ball, the receivers need to make a better play on the ball to at least prevent the int, and sometimes you just say the defense made a great play. But I trust Stafford to step up when he has too and we know how big time he is when he has to be so those int concerns aren’t all that to me. The bigger concern is the injuries piling up. 

5 hours ago, Flounch said:

Well i don't know about this one....we are looking very weak on both side. 

Even without Hopkins, Cardinals offense is dangerous and i can't see Stafford not beeing sack a lot this week. 

I dont believe the Cards offense is dangerous without Hop. They looked lifeless against the Chiefs and the Raiders. It was the Raiders that allowed the Cards to get back in that game and win.

The only time I felt the Rams was going to lose to the Cards was last year on MNF when the Rams had a ton of their guys out due to injury and covid. If the Cards couldnt beat the Rams then at home on MNF with alot of the Rams starters and some backups out then I cant trust that they will beat them. Not saying they cant obviously. They do have Murray who I think is a stud. They still have playmakers like Brown, Ertz, and some guys on defense that can make plays. They are a divisional foe who knows the Rams inside out and they are at home. So its not like they have no shot. I just dont trust that they will win just bc we all know in the NFL its about matchups and the Cards dont match up well with the Rams. And its not just not matching up I dont think they have the real confidence they can beat the Rams.

Dont like how the 1st half ended with the Rams giving up 3pts but overall Im pleased with this 1st half. Rams offense has been moving the ball. They have to get tds though. ARob dropped one and Kupp couldnt quite bring one in. The running game need to get going. The Rams dont have to be dominant running they just need to be decent enough. I love the OL continue to protect Stafford.

The defense gave up yards and two field goals on the last two Cards possessions but overall they have been doing a nice job against Cards offense. Congrats to Donald getting his 100th sack. Now I need him to get more in the 2nd half. Ramsey has been great in the secondary.

I want to see the Rams come out on fire in this 2nd half and finish strong.