Week 3: Rams @ Cardinals

LeotheLion

18 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Cam is done. He needs to be cut or traded. Twice fumbling at the 1 in like a 5 game span. 

Big time overreaction.

Everytime a turnover happen we just say bad thing by the offense. That was a big time play by Baker. Akers was going to reach the ball over the line to score but Baker made a nice play.

I loved what Akers did in this game. He started running the ball well and the only knock on him was the fumble which again it was a great play by Baker. So again big time overreaction.

Overall I loved what I saw from the Rams. It really couldve been more ugly had ARob not dropped the td, Kupp makes that td catch he usually makes, and Akers not fumbled at the goaline. The Rams left alot on the table. I do get the Cards left alot on the table as well but when I watch this game it felt like a struggle for the Cards to move the ball down the field. They constantly had to go for it on 4th down and then the Rams made them settle for nothing but field goals.

So much for @Flounch saying the Cards offense is still dangerous without D-Hop and Moore. The Rams just have the Cards number.

Props to the OL for again giving Stafford time to throw the ball and opening up big holes for Akers to run through. So we cant say the Rams OL is banged up and thinking its going to struggle badly bc of it. If they struggle its going to be bc the opposing team like the Bills or next week the Niners just have a dominant front seven. The Rams backups are doing a great job. The Rams secondary did a nice job too. Ramsey was stellar today. So again big road division win for the Rams. We havent even played our best complete game yet and thats scary. And if I can recall the Rams are unbeaten in the NFC. Only other team right now can say that is the Eagles and Giants. Giants play the Cowboys on MNF so we will see how that goes.

It is was a good team win but I really can't stand watching 8 minute drives. We are lucky the Cardinals struggled in the redzone but if we do the same thing next week to SF we will get pounded. 

Staffords best game of the year. The line was pretty okay. Too many penalties was their only detriment. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Big time overreaction.

Everytime a turnover happen we just say bad thing by the offense. That was a big time play by Baker. Akers was going to reach the ball over the line to score but Baker made a nice play.

I loved what Akers did in this game. He started running the ball well and the only knock on him was the fumble which again it was a great play by Baker. So again big time overreaction.

Cam had one good drive all year so far lol not an overreaction to a dude who’s Achilles was torn a year ago.. players don’t ever look the same again after that. You can clearly see he isn’t the same. His only good runs came with gaping holes compared to his rookie year where he’d create plays and run through players. Let’s not even talk about pass pro either. Hopefully I’m wrong…. But it’s not an over reaction at all. There’s a reason Mcvay isn’t playing him the way he always intended to. If he doesn’t get it together, I would put money down that he isn’t a Ram next season.

18 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Cam had one good drive all year so far lol not an overreaction to a dude who’s Achilles was torn a year ago.. players don’t ever look the same again after that. You can clearly see he isn’t the same. His only good runs came with gaping holes compared to his rookie year where he’d create plays and run through players. Let’s not even talk about pass pro either. Hopefully I’m wrong…. But it’s not an over reaction at all. There’s a reason Mcvay isn’t playing him the way he always intended to. If he doesn’t get it together, I would put money down that he isn’t a Ram next season.

I don't know, he ran through a guy on his TD run. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't know, he ran through a guy on his TD run. 

True. We’ll see. I really do hope he’s the same guy pre injury. He seemed like he’d be a stud. Now I don’t see his agility and quickness and He’s missing open holes often. Maybe it’s a confidence thing. He could be so lethal in this offense 

13 hours ago, MDY10 said:

James Robinson looks as good if not better than his rookie year.

The fumbles concern me and I still want another RB brought in (not Malcolm Brown). Akers does look different though. We got a glimpse and then the fumble. Might be more mental than physical with him. 

Win is a win, but our propensity to turn over the football will eventually bite us in the ***. 

• Like 2

After thinking about this game more, I think I am more pleased than I was in the moment. Bad drops by Kupp and ARob take TDs off the board. Akers got going in the run game and Skowronek in this role is actually a major weapon. Really the only downside by the offense was the OL penalties, the Akers fumble, and drops. I at least think the drops will improve. Stafford was on his game. I also really like how we are using Powell. 

It is tough to criticize the defense in a game they didn't give up a TD, but I think the long drives has to stop. It is tough for the team to give up 8 minute drives. The defense gets tired, the offense gets anxious, and we are shortening the game against an inferior team. I was really happy to see Ramsey step up with the secondary injuries. And then the special teams was big in this game. 

We honestly should have won this game by 17-20 points. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

James Robinson looks as good if not better than his rookie year.

The fumbles concern me and I still want another RB brought in (not Malcolm Brown). Akers does look different though. We got a glimpse and then the fumble. Might be more mental than physical with him. 

Win is a win, but our propensity to turn over the football will eventually bite us in the ***. 

Yeah it really could be a mental thing. I 100% agree on turnovers eventually killing us. Glad Stafford wasn’t a part of that this game

40 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

After thinking about this game more, I think I am more pleased than I was in the moment. Bad drops by Kupp and ARob take TDs off the board. Akers got going in the run game and Skowronek in this role is actually a major weapon. Really the only downside by the offense was the OL penalties, the Akers fumble, and drops. I at least think the drops will improve. Stafford was on his game. I also really like how we are using Powell. 

It is tough to criticize the defense in a game they didn't give up a TD, but I think the long drives has to stop. It is tough for the team to give up 8 minute drives. The defense gets tired, the offense gets anxious, and we are shortening the game against an inferior team. I was really happy to see Ramsey step up with the secondary injuries. And then the special teams was big in this game. 

We honestly should have won this game by 17-20 points. 

Stafford had a great game. Those two dropped touchdowns could have haunted us but luckily didn’t. Those are catches any other Sunday imo. The Penalties are frustrating, luckily the offense overcame some of them. I guess it’s expected when your Oline is constantly in an out. 

Agreed that it’s tough to be upset with the defense. The long drives were frustrating and Hollywood ended with a huge stat line. I don’t understand the 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 1 every week. Even Jalen played off for quite a bit of the game. 

19 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Overall I loved what I saw from the Rams. It really couldve been more ugly had ARob not dropped the td, Kupp makes that td catch he usually makes, and Akers not fumbled at the goaline. The Rams left alot on the table. I do get the Cards left alot on the table as well but when I watch this game it felt like a struggle for the Cards to move the ball down the field. They constantly had to go for it on 4th down and then the Rams made them settle for nothing but field goals.

So much for @Flounch saying the Cards offense is still dangerous without D-Hop and Moore. The Rams just have the Cards number.

Props to the OL for again giving Stafford time to throw the ball and opening up big holes for Akers to run through. So we cant say the Rams OL is banged up and thinking its going to struggle badly bc of it. If they struggle its going to be bc the opposing team like the Bills or next week the Niners just have a dominant front seven. The Rams backups are doing a great job. The Rams secondary did a nice job too. Ramsey was stellar today. So again big road division win for the Rams. We havent even played our best complete game yet and thats scary. And if I can recall the Rams are unbeaten in the NFC. Only other team right now can say that is the Eagles and Giants. Giants play the Cowboys on MNF so we will see how that goes.

Yes i was surprised by this game and how the defense show up yesterday specially with many players out. 

Ramsey was incredible yesterday after beeing not so great the first 2 games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Yes i was surprised by this game and how the defense show up yesterday specially with many players out. 

Ramsey was incredible yesterday after beeing not so great the first 2 games. 

Ramsey is still the best corner in the NFL. When he is locked in good luck trying him. Sometimes he isnt truly locked in and tries to do too much and it hurts him. He knew in this game he had to be locked in due to all the injuries in the secondary and so many young inexperience players playing. He stepped up and does what an elite player does. Plus I think that int he had to seal the win in that Falcons game gave him a confidence boost.

But yeah Im not shocked the Rams defense played well without many players. Again go look at that MNF game last season in Arizona when the Rams were missing so many players due to injuries and covid. Rams played lights out in that game too. Different season, same result lol.