Week 3: Rams @ Cardinals

LeotheLion

30 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

One of my favorite plays yesterday. Knock JJ Watt down get yourself up and make the catch.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci_DKmVJAWR/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=61f7f356-cddd-464a-8a1d-809d0c8f6868

Just came to post this lol when Mcvay is stubborn about a player, he’s usually right. I wrote him off by the end of last year

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Just came to post this lol when Mcvay is stubborn about a player, he’s usually right. I wrote him off by the end of last year

I think most of us wrote him off lol. Just continue to show us to just be patient. We have a great coaching staff and culture. Not everyone will work out obviously but most will bc of what we have in the building. Skow is a perfect example for everyone writing off Tutu and anyone else. Again just be patient. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I think most of us wrote him off lol. Just continue to show us to just be patient. We have a great coaching staff and culture. Not everyone will work out obviously but most will bc of what we have in the building. Skow is a perfect example for everyone writing off Tutu and anyone else. Again just be patient. 

Credit to Mcvay for sticking with players after big let downs in big moments too (aka the 2 playoff drops he had). Makes you wonder if tutu will someday do something. Feels a bit different though 

36 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Credit to Mcvay for sticking with players after big let downs in big moments too (aka the 2 playoff drops he had). Makes you wonder if tutu will someday do something. Feels a bit different though 

Tutu is never going to amount to anything other than a couple deep targets every 4 weeks. He cannot play special teams and he cannot be a blocker in the run game. He also cannot be used as a YAC WR because he will get hurt. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 9:56 AM, BStanRamFan said:

James Robinson looks as good if not better than his rookie year.

James Robinson is a different type of RB than Akers is though. He's not a plodder, but he relies less on quick cuts than Akers does. It's easier for him to get back to his running style than it is for Akers to get back to his. 

Akers still looks a little slow to me, and the fumbles have to stop, but he looks a little bit better every week. I noticed he stepped up his game in pass protection this past week which is a great sign. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

James Robinson is a different type of RB than Akers is though. He's not a plodder, but he relies less on quick cuts than Akers does. It's easier for him to get back to his running style than it is for Akers to get back to his. 

Akers still looks a little slow to me, and the fumbles have to stop, but he looks a little bit better every week. I noticed he stepped up his game in pass protection this past week which is a great sign. 

Jeff Okudah is another example though. He was a bust before he tore his achilles in week 2 or 3 last year and now is looking like a legit CB1. A torn achilles is much easier to come back from now. 

4 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Tutu is never going to amount to anything other than a couple deep targets every 4 weeks. He cannot play special teams and he cannot be a blocker in the run game. He also cannot be used as a YAC WR because he will get hurt. 

I will always believe the Rams were taking Dwayne Eskeridge in the 2nd and when Seattle nabbed him right before they panicked and just pivoted to Tutu Atwell. One of the few times the fanbase was right, pick should have been Creed Humphrey.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I will always believe the Rams were taking Dwayne Eskeridge in the 2nd and when Seattle nabbed him right before they panicked and just pivoted to Tutu Atwell. One of the few times the fanbase was right, pick should have been Creed Humphrey.

Yeah, I think that is the case. Eskridge may be different if he was with us but he's also been a massive disappointment so far too. I think what would have made Eskridge much more valuable though is his versatility. I just can never see Tutu doing anything other than deep shots or quick outs. He would get destroyed doing anything else. 

• Like 1