So when JDR gets canned....

offbyone

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

If we go 1-16 for this season and start out 1-4 next season (or close to it), then Rivera is gone.

Anything over that, the guy is Coach for Life (TM)

Probably but I don't think JDR is.  He won't make it another season.  But I still think the biggest thing is our entire defensive staff needs to be replaced.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

If we go 1-16 for this season and start out 1-4 next season (or close to it), then Rivera is gone.

Anything over that, the guy is Coach for Life (TM)

I think you all are still underselling Snyder some. Shanahan was his guy too, and he ousted him after 4. I wouldn't say the chances of Rivera being the coach next season are as high as you all believe if this trend continues. 

50 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you all are still underselling Snyder some. Shanahan was his guy too, and he ousted him after 4. I wouldn't say the chances of Rivera being the coach next season are as high as you all believe if this trend continues. 

Danny wasnt in as much hot water as he is now. Ron's biggest benefit to Dan is as a shield

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

But what is he shielding? I'd argue a change of coaching, etc would HELP Dan stay out of the news. 

The whole culture change is allegedly being driven by Ron. With the recent allegations coming out in the past few years, Ron being the stand-up, good guy in charge of everything allows Danny to lay low and allow the storm of bad press, investigations, etc... pass as he just points to the "white knight" in Rivera who is leading the charge to change things.

Without him, he faces even more scrutiny.

And if he fires him, it shows everyone that he's back to meddling and also that the culture (that grew to rot under him) is going back to pre-Ron levels.

In essence, to use another phrase, Dan is riding the tiger (Rivera) and the moment he gets off he's in trouble.

It's why I say that unless Ron turns in a monumentally bad performance as HC (think Hue Jackson levels) he's here as long as he wants to be.

44 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

The whole culture change is allegedly being driven by Ron. With the recent allegations coming out in the past few years, Ron being the stand-up, good guy in charge of everything allows Danny to lay low and allow the storm of bad press, investigations, etc... pass as he just points to the "white knight" in Rivera who is leading the charge to change things.

Without him, he faces even more scrutiny.

And if he fires him, it shows everyone that he's back to meddling and also that the culture (that grew to rot under him) is going back to pre-Ron levels.

In essence, to use another phrase, Dan is riding the tiger (Rivera) and the moment he gets off he's in trouble.

It's why I say that unless Ron turns in a monumentally bad performance as HC (think Hue Jackson levels) he's here as long as he wants to be.

I see a Marvin Lewis type situation here sadly.  

• Like 1