Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo Fan

Peterman?

Recommended Posts

What if Peterman impresses us the last 7 games and leads us into the playoffs?  My question is what in your opinion would you do with our 2 first round picks?  I would take Best player available hopefully a LT or G in the 1st and then maybe a LB?  Thoughts?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer is the same as it would be if Tyrod led us to the playoffs. Fill BPA with accordance to needs. Likely means DE, DT, OG, LT, LB, QB in no particular order unless you believe there is a franchise QB you have a chance to get. 

In my ideal world, we make the playoffs at 9-7 with Peterman looking good and having the offense perform better. Then re-sign Mathews, Gaines and lure Loutelti away from the Panthers to fill a massive need at DT.

Then draft BPA and likely pick up a QB at the end of round 1 or 2 like Mayfield or Finley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that QB is the biggest need. The biggest need is we just need to add talent. We go BPA. LB, Backup RB, QB, WR, DT, DE, OL could all be addressed. It's a good thing we have lots of picks cause we gonna have to use them to add talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

My answer is the same as it would be if Tyrod led us to the playoffs. Fill BPA with accordance to needs. Likely means DE, DT, OG, LT, LB, QB in no particular order unless you believe there is a franchise QB you have a chance to get. 

In my ideal world, we make the playoffs at 9-7 with Peterman looking good and having the offense perform better. Then re-sign Mathews, Gaines and lure Loutelti away from the Panthers to fill a massive need at DT.

Then draft BPA and likely pick up a QB at the end of round 1 or 2 like Mayfield or Finley. 

Mayfield?!? If our new staff truly wants character types, there is no way Mayfield wears a Bills jersey. Ever.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/video-baker-mayfield-grabs-crotch-tells-kansas-f-article-1.3642610

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Peterman gets us to the playoffs, I suspect we exercise the vast majority of our draft picks to provide competition/upgrades. We have holes all over the place. Only picks not exercised will be packaged to trade up for BPA...not necessarily a QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Mayfield?!? If our new staff truly wants character types, there is no way Mayfield wears a Bills jersey. Ever.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/video-baker-mayfield-grabs-crotch-tells-kansas-f-article-1.3642610

Even before this I've never liked Mayfield as a pro prospect. I've always seen him as a little more talented version of Manziel, with about the same personality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Mayfield?!? If our new staff truly wants character types, there is no way Mayfield wears a Bills jersey. Ever.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/video-baker-mayfield-grabs-crotch-tells-kansas-f-article-1.3642610

To be fair Kansas had it coming to them for their lack of sportsmanship for not shaking hands at coin toss. Baker let his emotions get the better of him and stooped down to Kansas level. But Kansas "captains" started the whole ordeal.

What I found disturbing is that those Kansas players refused to shake hands with children  standing right next to them. Way to be a role model and show them good sportsmanship.

Edited by marshawn lynch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Mayfield?!? If our new staff truly wants character types, there is no way Mayfield wears a Bills jersey. Ever.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/video-baker-mayfield-grabs-crotch-tells-kansas-f-article-1.3642610

I disagree. They want competitors and guys who the love the game. That's Mayfield. Outside of one off-field issue from when he was like 18 (which he completely owned up to) he has had no off-field concerns. 

Has his on field antics gone over well? No. Have they been immature and at times down right stupid? For sure. But the guy wins and plays at a high level. His personality reminds me of Brady but a little less tasteful. That is something that can and likely will change with age. Unlike off-field issues that usually reflect deeper issues such as drugs or alcohol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

To be fair Kansas had it coming to them for their lack of sportsmanship for not shaking hands at coin toss. Baker let his emotions get the better of him and stooped down to Kansas level. But Kansas "captains" started the whole ordeal.

What I found disturbing is that those Kansas players refused to shake hands with children  standing right next to them. Way to be a role model and show them good sportsmanship.

The point is that his reaction was out of control. When you run into punks, who literally had no chance against that OKLA team, stirring up crap , you smile and thrash them on the field. Mayfield showed he was as immature as they were and couldn't rise above. And you got to know that apology came because someone whispered in his ear. Simply put, when the fit hit the shan, he couldn't handle his business. That's a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

The point is that his reaction was out of control. When you run into punks, who literally had no chance against that OKLA team, stirring up crap , you smile and thrash them on the field. Mayfield showed he was as immature as they were and couldn't rise above. And you got to know that apology came because someone whispered in his ear. Simply put, when the fit hit the shan, he couldn't handle his business. That's a problem.

Well that's were your wrong. He did handle his business. He went out there and completely dominated Kansas like he was supposed to. He did handle his business. He didn't let the distraction prevent him. As a matter of fact his competitive nature came out and let him use it as motivation. The thing is if a team is disrespectful and unsportsmanlike, like Kansas was then they dont deserve it back. While i would have liked it to come from someone other than the QB and in a different fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Well that's were your wrong. He did handle his business. He went out there and completely dominated Kansas like he was supposed to. He did handle his business. He didn't let the distraction prevent him. As a matter of fact his competitive nature came out and let him use it as motivation. The thing is if a team is disrespectful and unsportsmanlike, like Kansas was then they dont deserve it back. While i would have liked it to come from someone other than the QB and in a different fashion.

Agreed that he performed on the field and may have had some extra motivation, though I think he would have dominated even if the KS players hadn't started things up. By business, I'm referring to the idea that a QB is a leader and usually the face of the team...that business side of the game. As a a player likely to be drafted early, he should have known he had to represent himself as a respectful adult. He dropped the ball there and that was gut reaction-type behavior, which means that's who he is and can be expected to act that way again when the trash talking hits him at the NFL level. Again, with our alleged focus on character, I don't think he's an option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to Peterman and today's game...

Here's what I have crunched, but the info in parenthesis is based on Tyrod being under center.

Bills 20 (125 yds rushing, 195 yds passing, 1 turnover) I think Peterman gives us ~35 more yds through the air, but another turnover because of his willingness to take more chances. This would result is the same score. However, if we can win the turnover battle by +1, I think we win by 1 point.

Chargers 21 (105 yds rushing, 265 yds passing, 1 turnover)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure its the beers talking and how hyped I am about this Argo game, but I could see Peterman throwing 4 TD passes today. 1 to Clay, 2 to Benjamin and 1 to Shady. Bills win 31-21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am sure its the beers talking and how hyped I am about this Argo game, but I could see Peterman throwing 4 TD passes today. 1 to Clay, 2 to Benjamin and 1 to Shady. Bills win 31-21.

I like your beer-soaked prediction better! Just about to hang up the sign that says, "Gone Boozin`!", myself - got some Six Rivers Macadamia Nut Porter!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×