GDT 9/25/22 - Baltimore Ravens (1-1) @ New England Patriots (1-1) - 1pm EST

drd23

patriots-vs-ravens-760x422.jpg

Ravens @ Patriots,

1pm, Gillette Stadium

The fact the Ravens are road favourites after last week's performance either says a lot about how overhyped the Ravens are or how bad the Matt Patricia led Patriots offense is. 

By the numbers (mostly if you look at yards) the Pats are around league average on both offense and defense so far this year but they have struggled to put up points.  Lucky for us they don't really have the receivers to punish our defense if the fall asleep in quite the same way that Miami did

I’m envisioning a bounce back day from the defense but an untimely stagnant performance from the offense. Think this will be a 20-17 type game. Hopefully we come out on top but after last week i’m not predicting wins until we get back on track lol.

Also would prob be pretty impactful to our postseason chances with Buffalo coming to town next week. Simply can’t start 1-3 in the first 4 against the AFC East

30 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I’m envisioning a bounce back day from the defense but an untimely stagnant performance from the offense. Think this will be a 20-17 type game. Hopefully we come out on top but after last week i’m not predicting wins until we get back on track lol.

Dolphins were able to slow down our pass rush by getting the ball out quick to their elite playmakers. Patriots don't have that luxury, but they do have the better IOL. The chances of us experiencing those same breakdowns in the secondary are also extremely low and I expect MM to dial back the 'exotic' nonsense just to get everyone comfortable and in position to succeed again. So I'm likewise predicting a return to form from the defense- and if there isn't then something has gone terribly wrong. Should also be Travis Jones' debut which is exciting. 

Big thing to watch for the offense today is how we approach short yardage situations after last week's humiliation and the return of JK Dobbins. Likely started to emerge last week, so let's see if he continues on that trajectory. Also they might limit Duve's snaps after the concussion so hopefully another one of our background WRs can pop a little. 

• Like 1