BDL 2022 Week 3 - Raleigh Firebirds @ Cancun Kaiju

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Raleigh Firebirds
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2022 at 04:00 AM

1 minute ago, Blue said:

A team has a backup come in and snap for a few plays like once a week in the NFL. Teams will have a tight end come in and snap the ball if the regular long snapper gets hurt. It’s not pretty by any means, but this is not a difficult skill for a guy who has done it before.

I'm going to imagine that backup has game experience at some level 

41 minutes ago, Blue said:

A team has a backup come in and snap for a few plays like once a week in the NFL. Teams will have a tight end come in and snap the ball if the regular long snapper gets hurt. It’s not pretty by any means, but this is not a difficult skill for a guy who has done it before.

Wow I get what you are saying here, Let's not pretend that a long snapper or even a replacement center is not a big deal. In fact we have seen examples this season season of long snappers getting hurt and then the replacement comes in and The timing is off for the snap is not quite right and it leads to mistakes. There are instances where the backup center might not be as smooth on communication as on communication as your starter which is why they are the backup are the backup things that Nature. Now I do understand that what we are talking about in video immediately and slightly different in that a lot of the guys we have on a roster are actual starters however Within the confines of a gameplan I do think it matters I'm not saying it is significant but I'm not saying it's not

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm going to imagine that backup has game experience at some level 

I'm guessing not more recently than Zion at the Senior Bowl

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Wow I get what you are saying here, Let's not pretend that a long snapper or even a replacement center is not a big deal. In fact we have seen examples this season season of long snappers getting hurt and then the replacement comes in and The timing is off for the snap is not quite right and it leads to mistakes. There are instances where the backup center might not be as smooth on communication as on communication as your starter which is why they are the backup are the backup things that Nature. Now I do understand that what we are talking about in video immediately and slightly different in that a lot of the guys we have on a roster are actual starters however Within the confines of a gameplan I do think it matters I'm not saying it is significant but I'm not saying it's not

We'd have him practice it throughout the week so he's not coming in cold. I imagine the Raiders knew James wouldn't be playing this week, I see no reason my team wouldn't have known the same.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm guessing not more recently than Zion at the Senior Bowl

We'd have him practice it throughout the week so he's not coming in cold. I imagine the Raiders knew James wouldn't be playing this week, I see no reason my team wouldn't have known the same.

Except that you LITERALLY said James was a surprise inactive so... your team DIDNT KNOW.

46 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

While we are talking about Cancun’s garbage of an offensive line let’s look at what Raleigh EDGE Brandon Graham did against Cancun’s tackle Sam Cosmi 

Yeah I got nothing for that one, did not expect Brandon Graham to go off like that.

33 minutes ago, Blue said:

Me, the real-life person, did not. My fake fantasy football team obviously would have.

I sort of get where you are coming from, Except the fact that that logic doesn't work in BDL.

It is our job as owners to game plan and and be aware of injuries or the possibility of them.  Now I have no problem acknowledging that you are going to have to have someone play center. But you and MWil are responsible for game planning. Not your make believe fantasy football team. So you did not account for Andre James not playing. Therefore, Cancun the team did not know Andre James would be inactive.

The reality is no matter how you spin the narrative,  The knowledge you want to suggest would be would be known was not known.

Edited by wwhickok

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

lolwut

Everything you just said is complete nonsense.

Except. 

No it isn't. It is our job as owners to to check the injury reports is sports and plan accordingly. It is our job as owners in video to write the game plan. The logic of but this fantasy team would have known It's pretty irrelevant because it only matters if you knew Since that fantasy team isn't the one writing the game plan

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Except. 

No it isn't. It is our job as owners to to check the injury reports is sports and plan accordingly. It is our job as owners in video to write the game plan. The logic of but this fantasy team would have known It's pretty irrelevant because it only matters if you knew Since that fantasy team isn't the one writing the game plan

I did check the injury report. James was practicing in full. There was no indication he was going to miss the game.