BDL 2022 Week 3 - Raleigh Firebirds @ Cancun Kaiju

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Raleigh Firebirds
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2022 at 04:00 AM

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’m fine taking notes on the logic and coming back for quote receipts in meme format.

Go for it. I use the same logic every week when I look at games. Every week.

I use statistics to a point on performance measurement, But then I look at the actual roster within BDL and base it on how I think that team would perform, Then I read the game plans and see if I think those teams playing each other would execute the game plan against each other the way it is intended.

I read one team's offense and the other team's defense 1st, Then I read The 1st team's defeat and the 2nd team's offense. I'm not saying everybody needs to do it this way it's just my method.

You can take receipts all you want but again I play the same logic every week. I tried to be consistent in that regard.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Go for it. I use the same logic every week when I look at games. Every week.

I use statistics to a point on performance measurement, But then I look at the actual roster within BDL and base it on how I think that team would perform, Then I read the game plans and see if I think those teams playing each other would execute the game plan against each other the way it is intended.

I read one team's offense and the other team's defense 1st, Then I read The 1st team's defeat and the 2nd team's offense. I'm not saying everybody needs to do it this way it's just my method.

You can take receipts all you want but again I play the same logic every week. I tried to be consistent in that regard.

I actually wasn’t talking to you :) 

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not your roster just your quarterback 😏

Literally the only mention of his team in this thread past the OP was me complimenting Brandon Graham, lol

I don't blame him for being insecure though, I would be too if I was facing off against a team that beat me with Alex Leatherwood in the starting lineup the last time we played

51 minutes ago, Blue said:

Literally the only mention of his team in this thread past the OP was me complimenting Brandon Graham, lol

I don't blame him for being insecure though, I would be too if I was facing off against a team that beat me with Alex Leatherwood in the starting lineup the last time we played

Such a terrible player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Except. 

No it isn't. It is our job as owners to to check the injury reports is sports and plan accordingly. It is our job as owners in video to write the game plan. The logic of but this fantasy team would have known It's pretty irrelevant because it only matters if you knew Since that fantasy team isn't the one writing the game plan

You know as a new owner, what I would like to suggest for a future is just have a capable player as one of your bench players, and then let the voters decide what you would do. It’s frustrating trying to explain what you might do for a player that might not play, with Thursday games, early games late games, Monday games, London games. To me that’s been the most annoying part of the game planning

Edited by RTTRUTH

7 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

You know as a new owner, what I would like to suggest for a future is just have a capable player as one of your bench players, and then let the voters decide what you would do. It’s frustrating trying to explain what you might do for a player that might not play, with Thursday games, early games late games, Monday games, London games. To me that’s been the most annoying part of the game planning

I actually dont have issue with that necessarily. But not knowing is not knowing ;)

To further this point where I'm coming from is, I understand that Cancun Cancun did not know that Andre James was not going to play, But the fact of the matter is the whole but this fantasy team would have known thing is beyond irrelevant because that's not how it works.

That is opening Pandora's Box. Because when somebody says oh well logically a team would adjust to this, The calendar point is but that's not what you wrote in your gameplan.

So by simply saying it doesn't matter that we should just let voters interpret which by the way I do agree I think there is way too much hyping players, Way too much back-and-forth banter of people using stats and tweaks in their game thread to try to convince voters to go one way or the other. But when an owner makes a mistake in their lineup or lineup or in thereBut when an owner makes a mistake in their lineup or lineup or in their gameplan,  That should matter.

I think what I would like to see in the future is for there to be some sort of stipulation that we can write the gameplans and then we may not post in the game day thread unless specifically answering a question posed to ask by a voter. That way the thread isn't filled up with with tweets, memes, stats, etc  That were not included in the original game plan

Edited by wwhickok

3 hours ago, Blue said:

I did check the injury report. James was practicing in full. There was no indication he was going to miss the game.

I double-checked myself and he was listed as Questionable on Friday, which given he had a concussion and returned to practice, I took to mean he was playing on Sunday. Clearly, the Raiders were playing funny games with the injury report. Lesson learned, should have known Josh McDaniels couldn't be trusted.

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

What is slapped together about my offensive line?

Well I try not to pay too much attention to the real life week. But for me, Zion starting at C plus Cosmi getting his lunch taken this week. Volson? 

Plus he game planned to go right at that side.

Maybe I worded it poorly (though I saw lots of debate here). I just think all things combined, it’s a rough day for your OL. That was my take.

12 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Well I try not to pay too much attention to the real life week. But for me, Zion starting at C plus Cosmi getting his lunch taken this week. Volson? 

Plus he game planned to go right at that side.

Maybe I worded it poorly (though I saw lots of debate here). I just think all things combined, it’s a rough day for your OL. That was my take.

Yeah, I don't have issues with questioning the players, but it's three of the same guys from last week and what I think everyone would agree is a clear upgrade at left tackle.

Volson has been fine and he's been his best in run blocking, which was the gameplan this week for the offense.