BDL 2022 Week 3 - Raleigh Firebirds @ Cancun Kaiju

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Raleigh Firebirds
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2022 at 04:00 AM

31 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yeah, I don't have issues with questioning the players, but it's three of the same guys from last week and what I think everyone would agree is a clear upgrade at left tackle.

Volson has been fine and he's been his best in run blocking, which was the gameplan this week for the offense.

This brings me to a different complaint (speaking only for myself here); 

You said you’ll “run, run, run”, but provided zero details on how.

Your defensive schemes had pictures, breakdowns. Your WRs had route descriptions (one of the best parts of your plan actually). But as for the run… up to me to imagine. 
And your opponent specifically chose the 3-4 to cover gaps and generate pressure. I just think it favoured him. In the future, at least where I’m voting, I like to know if you’re focused inside, outside, double teaming a specific stud on their DL, etc. 

I was back and forth to start and while I totally see everything RTTRuth has said earlier, I gotta give this to Cancun. Raleigh almost doesn't even have a defensive gameplan (I saw the little extra that got accidentally moved to the bottom). I get what was trying to be said but I don't think it was enough, nor do I think the C, LG and RT of Cancun are weak. Okay, the RG I'll give you but at least he designated 3 bench spots for the line to mitigate them getting tired.

Kaijus emerge from the ocean catching the Firebirds ill-prepared for a 2-TD win.

Edited by LAOJoe

11 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

This brings me to a different complaint (speaking only for myself here); 

You said you’ll “run, run, run”, but provided zero details on how.

Your defensive schemes had pictures, breakdowns. Your WRs had route descriptions (one of the best parts of your plan actually). But as for the run… up to me to imagine. 
And your opponent specifically chose the 3-4 to cover gaps and generate pressure. I just think it favoured him. In the future, at least where I’m voting, I like to know if you’re focused inside, outside, double teaming a specific stud on their DL, etc. 

"It's a poor imagination that can't think of multiple ways to run the football" --Andrew Jackson, probably

Alright though. I don't typically like to go into as much detail as Mwil does; I don't think most people read writeups past a certain length and some obviously don't read them at all. Why put that much effort into something you know most people aren't going to factor into their decisions?

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I actually do not think he sounds ridiculous at all. You can't use one logic on 1 thread such asuch as what he is suggesting and then say that it doesn't apply to every other game of similar situation.

tell me, do you think every time Alec Baldwin dresses up as Donald Trump for Saturday Night Live that it's the real Donald Trump, or do you understand parody in that circumstance

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I don't typically like to go into as much detail as Mwil does; I don't think most people read writeups past a certain length and some obviously don't read them at all. Why put that much effort into something you know most people aren't going to factor into their decisions?

6uw5bj.jpg

• Like 3

If you didn't argue so much maybe people would notice posts like mine that defended you before you even went off defending yourself. It speaks sometimes to let others back you up naturally. People aren't going to always read through everyone else's opinion when there are pages of unconstructive arguing. Heck it might leave some people in a disposition to subconsciously look for reasons for you to lose.

34 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

If you didn't argue so much maybe people would notice posts like mine that defended you before you even went off defending yourself. It speaks sometimes to let others back you up naturally. People aren't going to always read through everyone else's opinion when there are pages of unconstructive arguing. Heck it might leave some people in a disposition to subconsciously look for reasons for you to lose.

"subconsciously"