BDL 2022 Week 3 - Flint Tropics @ Death Valley Nightmare

RedGold

Who Wins?   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Flint Tropics
    • Death Valley Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2022 at 04:00 AM

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You did say you'd be using him out of the backfield, but primarily as a receiver. You don't make any mention of him getting any carries, but do mention motioning him and using him as a fourth receiver or in 3 man formations. To me, that's a tell that you never intended to use or feature him as a rusher, so I can't give you credit for his on field success since he isn't being utilized in that manner. That said, Henry and Lamar still combined for 200+ rush yards and 2 TD, so it's not relevant to the outcome.

That's fine I did intend to include a bit about the running back but I couldn't remember I didn't read back to see if I did so that's completely fine I appreciate that.

So I agree with you there that if I didn't specifically mention I was gonna use him as a running bag then even in the fact I listed him it doesn't really matter I did intend to use him as a receiver more anyway

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Decided on Flint:

super super close.

2 QB's playing at elite levels

2 very comparable defenses in terms of talent and strengths.

I think DVN's main advantage comes in the running game and Flints in the passing game and I would envision that passing game being able to put up a few more points 

Appreciate the explanation

23 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I do not like the gameplan at all from DV this week.  Its a gamble that probably blows up in their face 8/10 times.  That said this is definitely not one of the 8 times. 

DV is a shootout 

I'd like to at least know why it works out this week if you don't like it bc I do not know how to ever adjust. How does he get in a shootout focusing on his WRs? Our our DBs going to get exploited? I just want to know because I have heard very little explanations that could help us adjust in the future.

• Like 1

I'm gonna go Flint in this one. I'd say it's pretty close. The trump card for DVN was using Patterson a bunch receiving out of the backfield but Flint has a plan for that in Mathieu and I think that's an overall win for Flint.

I like the idea of keeping the spy on Allen, but that essentially leaves Zaven Collins taking Kamara out of the backfield which could lead to some chunk plays which they planned to do. 

Close game, all in all bigger explosive plays from Flint.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'm gonna go Flint in this one. I'd say it's pretty close. The trump card for DVN was using Patterson a bunch receiving out of the backfield but Flint has a plan for that in Mathieu and I think that's an overall win for Flint.

I like the idea of keeping the spy on Allen, but that essentially leaves Zaven Collins taking Kamara out of the backfield which could lead to some chunk plays which they planned to do. 

Close game, all in all bigger explosive plays from Flint.

Ty for the explanation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I do not like the gameplan at all from DV this week.  Its a gamble that probably blows up in their face 8/10 times.  That said this is definitely not one of the 8 times. 

DV is a shootout 

I'd like to know what's wrong with my game plan.  I appreciate your vote obviously and you are entitled to your opinion I'm just a little curious why you don't like it at all what it is that I did ed that is so egregious

Edited by wwhickok

39 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I'd like to at least know why it works out this week if you don't like it bc I do not know how to ever adjust. How does he get in a shootout focusing on his WRs? Our our DBs going to get exploited? I just want to know because I have heard very little explanations that could help us adjust in the future.

Likewise, telling me that you essentially hate my gameplan but not why doesnt help me improve it moving forward. (Referencing Pickles comments)

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'd like to know what's wrong with my game plan.  I appreciate your vote obviously and you are entitled to your opinion I'm just a little curious why you don't like it at all what it is that I did ed that is so egregious

1 hour ago, LAOJoe said:

Throwing heavy with, let me qoute DV over the past year, "the absolute worst throwing QB in the history of football, so bad he can't even be considered a QB" will not always be successful.  It works here bc it appears Flint will be playing a cover 1 or matching up a lb with your RB and TE.  I like those matchups for you in the passing game.  If they do use a safety in coverage  then that drops the coverage down further or they lose their spy.  

On top of that playing heavy man with a single spy on LJ is gonna lead to a couple big runs as LJ can break past Mathieu more than Mathieu can contain him with no help from other DB's. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Throwing heavy with, let me qoute DV over the past year, "the absolute worst throwing QB in the history of football, so bad he can't even be considered a QB" will not always be successful.  It works here bc it appears Flint will be playing a cover 1 or matching up a lb with your RB and TE.  I like those matchups for you in the passing game.  If they do use a safety in coverage  then that drops the coverage down further or they lose their spy.  

On top of that playing heavy man with a single spy on LJ is gonna lead to a couple big runs as LJ can break past Mathieu more than Mathieu can contain him with no help from other DB's. 

Just saying, that’s bull****!

We have one of the better D-lines in the league that can help. Or did you skip over the part where I’m playing contain? And if I go the opposite (Which you seem to be asking for) and say I’m putting two guys on Lamar, you’ll vote all his receivers are open, so I guess why bother

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Just saying, that’s bull****!

We have one of the better D-lines in the league that can help. Or did you skip over the part where I’m playing contain? And if I go the opposite (Which you seem to be asking for) and say I’m putting two guys on Lamar, you’ll vote all his receivers are open, so I guess why bother

It ain't.  Playing a cover 2 man on the backside vs LJ is not the right call.  His WR's are much better than you gameplanned for and your coverage plays to a strength of his, not a weakness.  

Can you contain/pressure/sack him....yes

Will get beat you more than the flip side, I think so. 

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

I think that's a fair argument I have said that in the past. However  Jackson IRL seems determined to prove me wrong.

Nonetheless thank you for explaining your point of view

Not a big fan of using “I” over “we” in writeups but that’s another story.

I did not anticipate voting against Josh Allen this year but I think DVN hits it big with Jackson this week. Not the biggest fan of using Patterson at WR but I don’t think the interior DL overwhelms DVN like they do most teams.

Back and forth high scoring game but give me the home team.