RUSH: Murphy, Donahue, Mauldin

CB: Claiborne, Roberts, Burris, Robinson, Jones

SS: Adams, Miles

FS: Maye, Clark

K: Catman

P: Edwards

RS: DAT/Stewart

3D-RB: Flowers

Future outlook: McCown starts the year as the starter and we transition to Mayfield after the bye. Future Needs depending on play WR, OT, CB, DL

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Finish 5-11

No Coaching Changes

Cuts:

DL Mo Wilkerson

CB Buster Skrine

RB Matt Forte

OT Ben Ijalana

Estimated Cap Space: $86.75 Million

Re-Signings:

CB Morris Claiborne

QB Josh McCown

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins

ILB Demario Davis

DE Kony Ealy

WR Quincy Enunwa

RT Brent Qvale

S Rontez Miles

DL Mike Pennel

OG Dakota Doizer

K Chandler Cantanzaro

Free Agency:

DE/LB Trent Murphy

C Brian Schwenke

WR/KR De’Anthony Thomas

Draft:

Pick 8-10

R1: Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

R2: Billy Price C/G Ohio State

R2: Akrum Wadley RB Iowa

R3: Dimitri Flowers FB/RB/TE Oklahoma

R4: Shaun Dion Hamilton ILB Alabama

R5: Michael Hill DL Ohio State

R6: Boon Myers OG Iowa

R7: Bentley Spain OT UNC

Depth Chart:

QB: McCown, Mayfield, (Petty vs Hack)

RB: Wadley, Powell, McGuire

FB: Flowers

WR: Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse, Stewart, Hansen, DAT

TE: ASJ, Tomlinson, Leggit

OT: Beachum, Shell, Spain, Qvale

OG: Carp, Winters, Doizer, Myers

C: Price, Schwenke

DE: Ealy, Hill

NT: McLendon, Pennel

DT: Williams, Cooper

SAM: Jenkins, Martin

MIKE: Davis, Hamilton

WILL: Lee, Stanford

RUSH: Murphy, Donahue, Mauldin

CB: Claiborne, Roberts, Burris, Robinson, Jones

SS: Adams, Miles

FS: Maye, Clark

K: Catman

P: Edwards

RS: DAT/Stewart

3D-RB: Flowers

Future outlook: McCown starts the year as the starter and we transition to Mayfield after the bye. Future Needs depending on play WR, OT, CB, DL

Big waste of time, Mac will do what he wants to do right or wrong,

Few things I don’t like with it. I think that’s a very poor Free Agency for us with the cap space we will have even after resigns. Then the biggest thing I dislike about it is Mayfield. I just don’t like him at all. From a talent perspective and attitude perspective as well. Then I think there are a lot better RBs in the nation that will still be available with our Seattle 2nd Rounder than Wadley.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Few things I don’t like with it. I think that’s a very poor Free Agency for us with the cap space we will have even after resigns. Then the biggest thing I dislike about it is Mayfield. I just don’t like him at all. From a talent perspective and attitude perspective as well. Then I think there are a lot better RBs in the nation that will still be available with our Seattle 2nd Rounder than Wadley.

I think Wadley is severely underrated and should be in the discussion as a top 5/6 RB in this class and think he will be the best back available at that point. I have Barkley, Ronald Jones, Bryce Love, Derrius Guice, Damien Harris, and Nick Chubb going before him. What exactly do you not like about Mayfields game? I can understand people not liking his attitude, although it doesn't bother me, but to me he has a solid game. Can function inside the pocket, athletic enough to improvise, solid arm that can fit it into tight windows,  and is a solid decision maker.

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I think Wadley is severely underrated and should be in the discussion as a top 5/6 RB in this class and think he will be the best back available at that point. I have Barkley, Ronald Jones, Bryce Love, Derrius Guice, Damien Harris, and Nick Chubb going before him. What exactly do you not like about Mayfields game? I can understand people not liking his attitude, although it doesn't bother me, but to me he has a solid game. Can function inside the pocket, athletic enough to improvise, solid arm that can fit it into tight windows,  and is a solid decision maker.

I don’t think Wadley isn’t good I just think all those guys you mentioned won’t be gone by our pick. I see Barkley as the only for sure 1st Rounder, leaving a lot of talent there for us at what will be at the mid end of Round 2.

Regarding Mayfield... I think is attitude is awful. So I’m not going to just leave that part out of why I don’t like him. Bc that’s a big reason why. He has a very Manziel like attitude where he thinks he’s the best there ever was. He doesn’t play the game the way it’s supposed to be played. Too much extra BS. Now regarding his game... it’s also the same as Manziel. I see a small QB, that makes most good things happen with his legs. That doesn’t happen in the nfl. You can’t run to create lanes and to buy time to get WRs open. I don’t see a great pocket qb. Manziel has good numbers his last year in the pocket, yet you can just tell he wasn’t going to transfer over well. And I see the same with Mayfield. Combine that with his awful attitude and I wouldn’t touch him until Round 3, never mind top 10-15.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Regarding Mayfield... I think is attitude is awful. So I’m not going to just leave that part out of why I don’t like him. Bc that’s a big reason why. He has a very Manziel like attitude where he thinks he’s the best there ever was. He doesn’t play the game the way it’s supposed to be played. Too much extra BS. Now regarding his game... it’s also the same as Manziel. I see a small QB, that makes most good things happen with his legs. That doesn’t happen in the nfl. You can’t run to create lanes and to buy time to get WRs open. I don’t see a great pocket qb. Manziel has good numbers his last year in the pocket, yet you can just tell he wasn’t going to transfer over well. And I see the same with Mayfield. Combine that with his awful attitude and I wouldn’t touch him until Round 3, never mind top 10-15.

Mayfield is just another Manziel?  Ha.  Not even close.  Mayfield crushes Manziel as hell.  Manziel ran more than necessary in order to save his face.  Mayfield doesn't.  Manziel acted he was a god because he saw the opportunity of gathering fast money.  Mayfield doesn't.

Mayfield is eccentric but he is no idiot like Manziel or Cam Newton. You can believe that.

Talents, themselves, Manziel is nowhere near to Mayfield.  Manziel threw football with blinders on and heavily counted on Mike Evans.  Mayfield has vision skill and is able to spread all field. Run less.  Stronger arm.  and more.

I understand you want a clean nose quarterback but nice guy doesn't always win.

BtW,  stop with won't touch a prospect until 3rd round or so nonsense. If you don't want him then it is fine.

Dr. Who,

I appreciate few new names thrown in.  I have few problems with this mock.

Trent Murphy-  I have wrestled for a while about having him signed with Jets for my mock. He used PED substance to have the monster season last year. Now, he blew his knee.  He is not known for speed or quick twitch OLB as Jets already have Jenkins and Maudin (oft-inj) for that role. If you think he will produce 8-10 sacks without ped use then it is cool. For now, I don't like this signing.

Flowers in 3rd may be marked as questionable because Bowles wants pass first offense and it has no business with FB or H-back type.  I understand him being a checkdown receiver or part of creative red zone action will help Mayfield keep offense alive but I don't see that as sufficient plan for Jets. Count on him as a bruising back then should give Jordan Chunn a look for late round pick. Since you cut Skrine and did not address CB anywhere, his pick should be a legit CB. It is crazy to continue using the same secondary next season with Claiborne being still labeled as an injury prone player. I adore your confidence in that secondary but I don't get comfortable with that.

Hill? He was banned for more than half of the season. How can he earn Jets' 5th round pick? The 5th year DL had offered not much prior this year.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Mayfield is just another Manziel?  Ha.  Not even close.  Mayfield crushes Manziel as hell.  Manziel ran more than necessary in order to save his face.  Mayfield doesn't.  Manziel acted he was a god because he saw the opportunity of gathering fast money.  Mayfield doesn't.

Mayfield is eccentric but he is no idiot like Manziel or Cam Newton. You can believe that.

Talents, themselves, Manziel is nowhere near to Mayfield.  Manziel threw football with blinders on and heavily counted on Mike Evans.  Mayfield has vision skill and is able to spread all field. Run less.  Stronger arm.  and more.

I understand you want a clean nose quarterback but nice guy doesn't always win.

BtW,  stop with won't touch a prospect until 3rd round or so nonsense. If you don't want him then it is fine.

1st off don’t tell me “stop” anything. That’s not how you communicate with people. And it’s not about wanting a clean nosed QB, I just don’t want a cocky qb with no respect for the game and his opponents. That sort of attitude you can get away with in college but not in the NFL. Mayfield flat out is a baby. He left Tech bc he didn’t want to compete with Mahomes. What a freaking childish move. Yet we expect him to sit and learn and compete with guys like McCown, Hack and Petty? He wouldn’t even compete at Tech. I don’t want anything to do with him in the draft. And like I stated I wouldn’t touch him until Round 3 or later bc of all those reasons I have mentioned. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Dr. Who,

I appreciate few new names thrown in.  I have few problems with this mock.

Trent Murphy-  I have wrestled for a while about having him signed with Jets for my mock. He used PED substance to have the monster season last year. Now, he blew his knee.  He is not known for speed or quick twitch OLB as Jets already have Jenkins and Maudin (oft-inj) for that role. If you think he will produce 8-10 sacks without ped use then it is cool. For now, I don't like this signing.

Flowers in 3rd may be marked as questionable because Bowles wants pass first offense and it has no business with FB or H-back type.  I understand him being a checkdown receiver or part of creative red zone action will help Mayfield keep offense alive but I don't see that as sufficient plan for Jets. Count on him as a bruising back then should give Jordan Chunn a look for late round pick. Since you cut Skrine and did not address CB anywhere, his pick should be a legit CB. It is crazy to continue using the same secondary next season with Claiborne being still labeled as an injury prone player. I adore your confidence in that secondary but I don't get comfortable with that.

Hill? He was banned for more than half of the season. How can he earn Jets' 5th round pick? The 5th year DL had offered not much prior this year.  Thank you.

Few things, Murphy I believe would be a great fit in our defense seeing as he has experience as an OLB and a 5tech in Washington and think he could play the moveable piece across our Front 7 getting that 8-12 sacks a year type of guy. With Flowers I don't view him as just an H-Back, I think he can be a Delanie Walker type player as a a guy who can be a starting caliber TE and FB, Oklahoma uses him all over the place and think that's a wrinkle that we could throw into our offense

I don't see the similarities between Mayfield and Johnny other than them both being cocky, Johnny never functioned in the pocket at half the level Mayfield does and never had the type of field vision and Football IQ that Mayfield has. Personality wise both are cocky and brash but Baker doesn't appear to be the advertised out of control party animal that Johnny was.

32 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I don't see the similarities between Mayfield and Johnny other than them both being cocky, Johnny never functioned in the pocket at half the level Mayfield does and never had the type of field vision and Football IQ that Mayfield has. Personality wise both are cocky and brash but Baker doesn't appear to be the advertised out of control party animal that Johnny was.

Manziel also never grabbed his nuts and said F you to the opposing sideline. (That was just in yesterday’s game). I can keep going to other things he’s done throughout his career similar.

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

1st off don’t tell me “stop” anything. That’s not how you communicate with people. And it’s not about wanting a clean nosed QB, I just don’t want a cocky qb with no respect for the game and his opponents. That sort of attitude you can get away with in college but not in the NFL. Mayfield flat out is a baby. He left Tech bc he didn’t want to compete with Mahomes. What a freaking childish move. Yet we expect him to sit and learn and compete with guys like McCown, Hack and Petty? He wouldn’t even compete at Tech. I don’t want anything to do with him in the draft. And like I stated I wouldn’t touch him until Round 3 or later bc of all those reasons I have mentioned. 

I don't mean to tell you to stop sharing what your mind says.  Just that remark of "don't touch a prospect"  It is similar to the "ten-foot pole" idiom. When you use that towards a prospect you sound like an immature one who rebuts for some attention. That is not a point of communication you seek for.

You don't want to spend a premium pick on Mayfield due to his eccentric attitudes. It sounds much better than that childish idiom.

Back to Mayfield. I believe I have right to tell you STOP.  Why?  you are either misinformed or just a baby who whines senselessly. For your sake, I go with the former.  Mayfield was a walk on quarterback who got lucky to be a starter for TT due to injury of the appointed starting qb. He performed well to remain a starter until he was hurt.  Davis Webb stepped in and never missed a beat. Kliff Kingbury moved on with Webb.  Mayfield made the transfer to Oklahoma Sooners due to the frayed relationship with Kingbury. It was another walk on opportunity for him. Kingbury did it again with Webb and Mahomes.  Mayfield has stayed with the Sooners until he exhausted his athletic eligibility.

All except Davis' injury part are facts. You called him a crybaby because Webb stayed with TT as a backup qb to Mahomes? What a lazy point out. Not to mention, he was one year removed from HS for god's sake.

Dr. Who went the rookie qb method on Mayfield because he did not trade up and grab a qb who may start immediately. Stop being a **** about that. Rosen, Darnald and Thorson may be only qbs in this upcoming draft who could start on week 1 so we don't need to pretend that there is someone other than Mayfield who could start right away.  Benkert? White? Rudolph? Browne?

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Manziel also never grabbed his nuts and said F you to the opposing sideline. (That was just in yesterday’s game). I can keep going to other things he’s done throughout his career similar.

KU player beamed at his defenseless head. Oh yeah! I approved that antic.

21 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Few things, Murphy I believe would be a great fit in our defense seeing as he has experience as an OLB and a 5tech in Washington and think he could play the moveable piece across our Front 7 getting that 8-12 sacks a year type of guy. With Flowers I don't view him as just an H-Back, I think he can be a Delanie Walker type player as a a guy who can be a starting caliber TE and FB, Oklahoma uses him all over the place and think that's a wrinkle that we could throw into our offense

edit... stupid gif.

thumbs up.

Archived