The Good, the Bad the time to complain vs. Titans

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Okay so it is just a coincidence that all of our 5 wins where settled by an average of 3 points a game, this week was only the 9th win of 10+ points in Carr's career, 3 of those 9 have been more that 14 point wins, only in 2016 did he have multiple games (2), and half those wins have come against the Broncos and Jets.  We do not play the Jets this year so chances are he has one game left to have a big win.  I am not hating on Carr but like I said he lacks a killer instinct.  He has been clutch in the past but that is not the same.  You can say the team has held him back but we all know that when we go up on a team our offense tends to not score much after.  Some of this is our DCs playing soft but the other side of the coin is the offense not executing.  I would bet that if we had to rely on Carr scoring yesterday we still could win but it is less than 10 point victory.

Kinda going sideways on me.

You wanted the offense to be better last year in the 2nd half of the season.  Hey, I did too, but I understand you're not going to perform the same without key players.

I'm just pointing out that the hyperbole that the defense carried them is a joke.  When I have a flat tire I don't expect to drive as fast.  Apparently you do.

Now you want to start talking about Carr's entire career and that's a different story.  Each season is different, with different circumstances.  Even the one constant of Carr is different each season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, true2form said:

Kinda going sideways on me.

You wanted the offense to be better last year in the 2nd half of the season.  Hey, I did too, but I understand you're not going to perform the same without key players.

I'm just pointing out that the hyperbole that the defense carried them is a joke.  When I have a flat tire I don't expect to drive as fast.  Apparently you do.

Now you want to start talking about Carr's entire career and that's a different story.  Each season is different, with different circumstances.  Even the one constant of Carr is different each season.

My overall statement is that Carr does not have a killer instinct.  Unless I am getting this conversation mixed up with another one which is very possible but Carr not having the desire to step on teams throats comes back to haunt us sometimes.  

17 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

My overall statement is that Carr does not have a killer instinct.  Unless I am getting this conversation mixed up with another one which is very possible but Carr not having the desire to step on teams throats comes back to haunt us sometimes.  

Too many unknowns for me to agree with this. A lot of this is on a coach and not the players.  That's offense and defense.  Both sides can go ultra conservative and throw the entire game off.  However, I will concede that there is  evidence supports your theory.

If this years team ever gets clicking the way they should, we may get a true answer to this.

• Like 1