2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

This is my least fav draft class in a long time, probably since 2013

If their was any year to be a good team, this is the year

Why is that?  I ask because at this point last year I thought the 2022 class was Meh. No QB and top heavy 1 through 10. After that it’s whatever. I never heard of Breece Hall until that hyperactive dude on here mentioned him. I never heard of Sauce until Bobby brought him up.

Admittedly, I have not paid attention to college FB this year. Just curious to get your take.

I think it just lacks in high end talent, like I dont think most of the guys who will go top 10 would go top 20 most years.  And specifically for us with our needs going into next offseason (OT, S, LB would say are the top 3) it just lacks interesting players.  Like take for example OT, Peter Skoronski of NW is the current best in college and is very good but he’s gonna measure at 32 inch arms and staying on the outside will be a big ? in the NFL.  Or you look at safety, most rank Antonio Johnson of Texas AM as the prospect, but he currently plays nickel CB in college and is not even that good of a tackler.  Now LB has some good prospects but are better suited in a 3-4 scheme, like Will Anderson (who we wouldn’t be in range for anyway) or Nolan Smith also better for a 3-4.

Just not a exciting class to me

17 minutes ago, xrade said:

Why is that?  I ask because at this point last year I thought the 2022 class was Meh. No QB and top heavy 1 through 10. After that it’s whatever. I never heard of Breece Hall until that hyperactive dude on here mentioned him. I never heard of Sauce until Bobby brought him up.

Admittedly, I have not paid attention to college FB this year. Just curious to get your take.

Edited by Abe56

36 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

And specifically for us with our needs going into next offseason (OT, S, LB would say are the top 3) it just lacks interesting players

Thanks for your take and I agree with what you mention as our top needs. The thing is that we don’t really have to reach in round 1. It would be nice to grab one of those positions that is also not a reach but I think we have the talent to strictly go BPA. Who that would be is a guess. I’d really like to see TE Meyer if he is available when we pick. 

18 minutes ago, xrade said:

Thanks for your take and I agree with what you mention as our top needs. The thing is that we don’t really have to reach in round 1. It would be nice to grab one of those positions that is also not a reach but I think we have the talent to strictly go BPA. Who that would be is a guess. I’d really like to see TE Meyer if he is available when we pick. 

I expect us to go OL Round 1. I’d say there’s a 75% chance right now that’s the way we go. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I expect us to go OL Round 1. I’d say there’s a 75% chance right now that’s the way we go. 

Probably. Nothing saying we can’t draft a Skoronski or Johnson and put them at OG. Were probably going to need iOL as well as OT.

Watching the Yanks?  I’m hoping Cole has given up his obligatory HR and settles down. 

It really just depends on how some things shake out.  Maybe the Jets decide AVT should stay outside at either LT or RT and then can Skoronski and slide him in at G.

It just sucks that Becton cant stay healthy because this would be a total non issue if he could, because he is a beast when he is on the field and can play either LT or RT

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Is Pattersen good enough to warrant a 1st round choice?

Jarrett Patterson of ND, no hes not even the best C in the draft and he’s gonna be an old rookie (24)

John Michael Schmitz from Minn is the best center, probably a 2nd round prospect 

9 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Is Pattersen good enough to warrant a 1st round choice?

Ehhhh. Not sure. I doubt it. He has a lot of posotional flexibility with his size and ability to play C and G. But his skill wont warrant a teens pick where me likely will be.

Top OLineman are.....

Paris Johnson Jr. (OT/Ohio State)

Broderick Jones (OT/Georgia)

Peter Skoronski (OT/Northwestern)

O'Cyrus Torrence (OG/Florida)

Matthew Bergeron (OT/Syracuse)

Darnell Wright (OT/Tennessee)

Emil Ekiyor (OG/Alabama)

Sedrick Van Pran (C/Georgia)

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Even though it's super early, I love the fact we would make the playoffs if the season ended today. lol

Right now, I'm looking at prospects that I think will be in the 14-20 range. OT, LB, DT, FS, C, and QB just in case. 

I think with confidence I can say we wont be drafting in the top 5 and probably not even top 10. Probably some where between 10-20. It'll be time to see how JD does in a regular draft. Last 2 drafts we've had a ton of valuable picks, which made it easier to turn this thing around.