2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

Just now, NJerseypaint said:

He got benched after his awful Bills game. Had he kept it rolling, I think we sit Zach the rest of the year since he's a rookie. Mostly because the staff can then afford to have Zach learn from the bench without being eaten alive by fans/media.

Which was dumb thing to do since it was his first bad game and it happened to be against one of top defense if I remembered correctly.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Which was dumb thing to do since it was his first bad game and it happened to be against one of top defense if I remembered correctly.

Chances are he will get to redeem himself against Buffalo in two weeks.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah, I think the staff was looking for an excuse and got one. But who knows, maybe they thought Flacco was actually a better play until Zach could return. Either way, I think they were going to play Zach whenever he came back because playing him and losing is a better look than sitting him and losing.

This year, Zach lost the locker room, so maybe Saleh won't be so tight with White's leash. He has less of a reason to throw Zach back in there, but that doesn't mean we give MW a pass if he goes sub 200 yards, 0 TDs, and 4 picks again against a team Zach atleast did "meh" against.

These next two weeks are big for us. Either we have a capable QB for next year and an athletic prospect who can be gradually brought along, or we have two terrible QBs and next year is a total question mark.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:31 PM, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, I think the staff was looking for an excuse and got one. But who knows, maybe they thought Flacco was actually a better play until Zach could return. Either way, I think they were going to play Zach whenever he came back because playing him and losing is a better look than sitting him and losing.

This year, Zach lost the locker room, so maybe Saleh won't be so tight with White's leash. He has less of a reason to throw Zach back in there, but that doesn't mean we give MW a pass if he goes sub 200 yards, 0 TDs, and 4 picks again against a team Zach atleast did "meh" against.

These next two weeks are big for us. Either we have a capable QB for next year and an athletic prospect who can be gradually brought along, or we have two terrible QBs and next year is a total question mark.

I know I was late on qb situation but I just found SI's last year article about Jets scout department being prepared to check out Grayson McCall last summer for 2023 draft because of White and Flacco's FA status but now?

I don't know if McCall will forgo his senior year for NFL but 3 year starting in NCAA is plenty.  2nd round value with a possibility of being taken in 1st. 

Still trying to pick up words about scouts eyeing on other qb prospects.

I am entirely happy to share the belated news that KJ Jefferson will return for next year.  Phew!!!

On separate message;

S Antonio Johnson or LB Trenton Simpson remains my top target in 1st round with Jarrett Patterson or Luke Wypler are gathering.

Edited by JetsandI

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Sign Bates and draft Skinner. 

Think they will sign him?  

I would expect Jets to sign Jimmie Ward to take Joyner's spot on one year contract.  That means both Whitehead and Ward will become FA after 2023 season.  Johnson in 1st is no-brianer. 🤬

Just now, JetsandI said:

I would expect Jets to sign Jimmie Ward to take Joyner's spot on one year contract.  That means both Whitehead and Ward will become FA after 2023 season.  Johnson in 1st is no-brianer. 🤬

I see him listed as a CB too.  What are his strengths?  I want Skinner the Kam Chancellor clone or Christopher Smith.  Or both lol.

16 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I see him listed as a CB too.  What are his strengths?  I want Skinner the Kam Chancellor clone or Christopher Smith.  Or both lol.

You probably saw him being CB entering NCAA but he is a safety for sure. He could play all DB and light LB spots at next level but be realistic as he should stay at S.  He has strong leadership material as he gets good feeling for zone and man coverages. His 2022 production is down so that will require extra investigation as he may be pushed out of 1st round consideration.

Safety class is strong for day 2 I believe. 

Edited by JetsandI

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You probably saw him being CB entering NCAA but he is a safety for sure. He could play all DB and light LB spots at next level but be realistic as he should stay at S.  He has strong leadership material as he gets good feeling for zone and man coverages. His 2022 production is down so that will require extra investigation as he may be pushed out of 1st round consideration.

Safety class is strong for day 2 I believe. 

We need a true Free Safety or at least someone with great ball skills.  JL seems like a game changer with his play and we would still need someone deep, but he can help clean up a bunch of our tackling issues.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I'm cool with signing Ward. If we're not spending most of our money on a QB, I can see us going for one splash like Bates and sign a few cheaper vets. I just don't see another position we need a starting vet for. All the other positions can be upgraded through the draft. Also, the salary cap is expected to jump above $220M. 

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We need a true Free Safety or at least someone with great ball skills.  JL seems like a game changer with his play and we would still need someone deep, but he can help clean up a bunch of our tackling issues.

Antonio Johnson checks both.