2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

19 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

They should have lost the Cleveland game. I don't know why Jet fans were celebrating that. Sure, I'd be fun for Wilson to pull a Tua, but the division is basically unwinnable. Maybe third place to put the nail in the coffin on Bill's career.

I can’t speak for all fans, but that win means we don’t go winless on the year. WooHoo!

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Tell me how well that's worked over the past 13 years? Talk about not learning from mistakes lol

I agree with you and Jetfuel. We would still need to draft a QB high but get a decent vet to actually start and let the rook watch. We have never done that.

However, unless Zach completely implodes regardless of how the OL and play calling fare, he will be given a third year.

23 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Tell me how well that's worked over the past 13 years? Talk about not learning from mistakes lol

You have no chose but to do this. Unless Lamar Jackson hits the market you have to do this. I know we missed on Mark Sanchez (I hated this pick) Sam Darnold ( I thought he would be good) and Zach Wilson ( I hated this pick) but you got to go back. All these big stud QB where drafted and stayed. You do have a few like Drew Brees and Tom Brady but those goes don't hit the market. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You have no chose but to do this. Unless Lamar Jackson hits the market you have to do this. I know we missed on Mark Sanchez (I hated this pick) Sam Darnold ( I thought he would be good) and Zach Wilson ( I hated this pick) but you got to go back. All these big stud QB where drafted and stayed. You do have a few like Drew Brees and Tom Brady but those goes don't hit the market. 

Don't forget Geno even though he was early second round. We will be in limbo for eternity if we continue to try and draft rookie QBs. I really want Zach to even be a game manager just so we can use these premium picks on the OL or DL that have been nothing but underwhelming. I still think this tam is going to suck until we get an actual legitimate HC and not the frauds we have had and have now. We basically have the opposite of Todd Bowles in terms of character. Todd was soft spoken and didnt seem like a leader but he was a tremendous Xs and Os guy who you could see the difference in defensive play calling when he took over. Saleh is a cheerleader whose scheme is a fossil and he doesn't have the ability to get creative and deviate from the basic concepts hes ran for a decade. That is extremely alarming. Get this team a real HC that knows how to play to their players strengths and not stubbornly make them fit a failing system and just maybe well be competitive one day. 

35 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Don't forget Geno even though he was early second round. We will be in limbo for eternity if we continue to try and draft rookie QBs. I really want Zach to even be a game manager just so we can use these premium picks on the OL or DL that have been nothing but underwhelming. I still think this tam is going to suck until we get an actual legitimate HC and not the frauds we have had and have now. We basically have the opposite of Todd Bowles in terms of character. Todd was soft spoken and didnt seem like a leader but he was a tremendous Xs and Os guy who you could see the difference in defensive play calling when he took over. Saleh is a cheerleader whose scheme is a fossil and he doesn't have the ability to get creative and deviate from the basic concepts hes ran for a decade. That is extremely alarming. Get this team a real HC that knows how to play to their players strengths and not stubbornly make them fit a failing system and just maybe well be competitive one day. 

I don't count Geno because we all knew he was a dart throw for a franchise QB and like you said a second round guy. If you go that route then you have to throw in Christian Hackenburg. 

I do agree 100% that we need a new HC. He has had his time and this team just down right stinks. I know he has started with nothing but to this point we still have nothing. Our last hail mary to save this team and the franchise is on Zach Wilson and the thought of that makes me think we have more years ahead of bad football. I really do HOPE Zach can take this team over and put the Jets in a playoff run but that word HOPE is turning into NOPE very soon. 

More concerns for me are the snap counts on defense.:

- Overrated or not...Quinnen WIlliams is the most talented player on the DL. 62% of the snaps. Less than 2/3rds of the time on the field. Horrible coaching. J

- Joyner and Whitehead 100% and 99%, both getting cooked in coverage, have committed bad drive extending penalties or miscommunications that have led to multiple scores.

-Mosley 100% (getting cooked in coverage)

- DL rotation most guys playing 40% or less.

- Ashytn Davis...1 snap...INT...give him snaps it cant get worse. Tony Adams 2 snaps. Will Parks 1 snap. WTF are we doing.

QW (DT) Sauce, and Reed should never be on the sideline. Maybe give Q a blow here and there but that is it. Mosley I want playing most downs but don't be afraid to be more athletic in coverage since he's a liability. Joyner should be on the bench. Whitehead should be rotated out on obvious pass downs too. Adams, Parks and Davis are all better in coverage and way more athletic. We are the 32nd total defense according to DVOA (which is easily the best stat for overall units IMO) and we have to make adjustments. God I wish we could just fire Brich and hire Fangio and maybe someone can show Saleh how to scheme a defense. 

• Like 1