2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

36 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

For 2nd round, I am down.

He’s not lasting that long. But I actually agree (especially if we get Rodgers). That we shouldn’t be that young at WR if we are in fact a win now team for 2 years. Get a mid rounder at WR for depth. But get a more vet guy for the starting outside spot. Or maybe just bring big back Davis cheaper.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s not lasting that long. But I actually agree (especially if we get Rodgers). That we shouldn’t be that young at WR if we are in fact a win now team for 2 years. Get a mid rounder at WR for depth. But get a more vet guy for the starting outside spot. Or maybe just bring big back Davis cheaper.

He may be available after 20-25 at least.

Taking a closer look at this draft class and the O linemen available in rounds 1-3 IMHO the better of the selections available. 

I think it would be a good year if the opportunity presents itself for the Jets to move down if another team wants to move up a grab a particular player.

The Draft is deep at least in the first 3 rounds with T, G, and C, I think we can all agree we need to grab one or two of these players and at least 1 tackle.

Now if a S like Branch is available, I'm not sure the Jets should pass on him the backend of our D would be a  monster.

Let's drop in the draft, pick up another pick or two this year and or including next year. I could see us moving on from  Moore and Mims but that would depend on the QB we bring in.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

You have mentioned this before.  Who do you see as starting caliber talent at OT in rounds 2-3?  Most believe this is a weak year of OT's.

Maybe. I can see a several that can start by week 13.   Those first round OTs have flaws that can keep them from starting regularly.   Darnell Wright should be only OT that can start right away and stay that way but he is G/RT.

Ryan Hayes could be full time RT if his new team runs mostly man blocking scheme.

Tyler Steen could be a late round gem.

G group has to be deepest OL for this draft.

8 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Oluwatimi from Michigan is a interesting prospect. 

Powerful but not much of movement laterally.   Ricky Stromberg has been standing out in EW practices but I don't know if he can move laterally.  I don't want one or two steps like what Jets did last year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Powerful but not much of movement laterally.   Ricky Stromberg has been standing out in EW practices but I don't know if he can move laterally.  I don't want one or two steps like what Jets did last year.

It depends on what round he's available. I view him as a potential center and I think lateral movement can be worked on from a center's position. I just need the technique to be there when they get their hands on the defender. 

• Like 1