2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

Lol please stop saying we shouldn't pick in a position because it didn't workout in the past. It's not the position,  it's the players picked by the terrible GMs we had. 

No team thinks like that. Imagine missing out on the next Mahomes, Herbert , or Aaron Donald because you were tired of picking QBs or DL. Buffalo and Cinci would still be trash going with that. 

Adding Jaelyn Duncan, Parris Johnson, Anton Harrison, Zion Nelson, and Darnell Wright to my OT watch list. 

Defensively, I got a few but it will depend on what happens with this staff at the end of the season. 

Darnell Washington might be the only receiving target I'm interested in the early rounds. No need for a RB. 

I want

-The fastest, most explosive coverage Linebacker in the draft.

-The Safety with the most range/best ball skills/coverage ability 

-Tackle I’m very unsure, I’d prefer a veteran to compete with Becton(who I still believe in). Mitchell should only get better and settle in at RT long term. In a perfect world him and Becton are our bookends but we’d likely still have to draft on for depth purposes but I still want a veteran who we can consistently count on. 

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I want

-Tackle I’m very unsure, I’d prefer a veteran to compete with Becton(who I still believe in). Mitchell should only get better and settle in at RT long term. In a perfect world him and Becton are our bookends but we’d likely still have to draft on for depth purposes but I still want a veteran who we can consistently count on. 

Agreed. I’ll add OC and iOL. McGovern and Tomlinson are bad right now.

For non-player changes, real grass at MetLife. New DC that will play a D that suits the players. Saleh to make “we ignore reality” his new slogan next year.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 4:14 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Hopefully things turn around when Zach gets backs.  Not having to draft a QB would be very helpful.  Let's start the college football and NFL draft class discussion.

While this defense has been uninspiring, I think we need a top OT.  Will be hard to pass up a guy like Will Anderson, especially with how well he would fit with Clemons and JJ.  But we have to protect Zach.  We have great pieces on offense, just need to shore up LT and C.  Then rest of the draft keep adding talent to the defense.

Will be easy to pass up a guy like Will Anderson since he will be off the board well before we pick.

We are not a bottom 5 team this year. We are closer to .500.

OT def the top need. LB and S are also very high on the list.

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I want

Trenton Simpson, Justin Flowe, Brian Branch all fit the defensive description.

It is very very early in the season, but this does not look like a very good OT class. Hopefully we are in a position to go with BPA where we pick whether is OL, LB or if even a S or DL merits the pick. Those will likely be the areas we target though in the first 2 days as things stand. Will be interesting what we do with some of our veterans whose contracts we can get out of as well. Would really be awesome if Becton came back with a vengeance and actually stayed on the feel but I know that is a long shot. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

It is very very early in the season, but this does not look like a very good OT class. Hopefully we are in a position to go with BPA where we pick whether is OL, LB or if even a S or DL merits the pick. Those will likely be the areas we target though in the first 2 days as things stand. Will be interesting what we do with some of our veterans whose contracts we can get out of as well. Would really be awesome if Becton came back with a vengeance and actually stayed on the feel but I know that is a long shot. 

I'm with you on this OT class.  JD does not strike me as a "reach" guy to fill a need.  Of course, we have had so many needs, he has never been in the position to not draft BPA and a need.  2023 will be different.  If he does not fill the needs in FA, I can 2023 as the year he really tries to trade down. 

The Line is priority one and for many reasons, the first being continuity, the second being youth, the third being need and not in any particular order. 

First Becton is not a reliable commodity sadly lets move on and draft the best tackle in the draft, secondly we need a long term solution at C, so draft one of the better centers in the draft in round 2. In round 3 grab a LB'er , round 4 another guard or tackle.

Give Zac the extra 4-5 seconds needed to really show his elite potential and open up the Jets offense.

Granted Defenses wins games, but a terrible or mediocre offensive line can keep your defense on the field longer than needed. Just look at past Jets teams.

The Jets need players, not bodies, they need dogs, not puppies.

13 hours ago, Big T said:

The Line is priority one and for many reasons, the first being continuity, the second being youth, the third being need and not in any particular order. 

First Becton is not a reliable commodity sadly lets move on and draft the best tackle in the draft, secondly we need a long term solution at C, so draft one of the better centers in the draft in round 2. In round 3 grab a LB'er , round 4 another guard or tackle.

Give Zac the extra 4-5 seconds needed to really show his elite potential and open up the Jets offense.

Granted Defenses wins games, but a terrible or mediocre offensive line can keep your defense on the field longer than needed. Just look at past Jets teams.

The Jets need players, not bodies, they need dogs, not puppies.

Extra 4-5 seconds? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well soon you're not going to be allowed to touch the QB and just have to grab a pink flag on his hip too.

yeah its really killing the game. not that we need to stop the game but they need to start making the roughing the passer reviewable. just some brutal calls. how are you supposed to tackle?