2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

On 1/30/2023 at 8:48 AM, xrade said:

You have mentioned this before.  Who do you see as starting caliber talent at OT in rounds 2-3?  Most believe this is a weak year of OT's.

You can check out PFF Draft selections or Blue Gray draft report which rates them. I believe there are about 10-13 who the Jets could target in rounds 2-3. I would be elated if they drafted a T in round 1 and a C in round 2 and move on from all these over priced FA who are mediocre at best. Give the new guys time to mesh and grow together, no more old bones.

FA types are fine if your a player away or an OL away from being relevant, the Jets are not.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I really don;t like any of these QB's. I donit see a starting NFL QB in this draft. If I had to pick one that will be the best of them all I would probably go with Will Rodgers. He will probably have a chance to be a journyman starter. 

Anthony Richardson in the right system will be a dynamic player at the NFL level. 

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

not any time soon. he is not a plug and play QB. he definitely has to sit a couple of years. he couldn't even throw at an NCAA level.

Nah I think you’re right. A full yeah to sit and develop would be perfect for him. 

If we can bring in a top tier established qb this year then we have to go for that option. Rodgers would be amazing but the other options quite frankly don’t move the needle for me. 

The next tier qbs though I’d rather stay away from. Carr and Jimmy are going to be over $25m a year. Carr probably on $35m a year. 

If the reports are true that Mike White is going to get around that $6m a year range then I’d MUCH rather bring him back and draft Richardson.

Let Mike have a full year as a starter. Don’t forget he got zero first team reps all year prior to playing. And build the roster up with the plenty of draft picks we’d keep and cash we’d save on a qb. 

On 10/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, Abe56 said:

Jarrett Patterson of ND, no hes not even the best C in the draft and he’s gonna be an old rookie (24)

John Michael Schmitz from Minn is the best center, probably a 2nd round prospect 

From back in Oct, ahead of the curve

With how much Schmitz has dominated the senior bowl, just hope he is still available to us in the 2nd round

15 hours ago, ekill08x said:

not any time soon. he is not a plug and play QB. he definitely has to sit a couple of years. he couldn't even throw at an NCAA level.

Ya if you watch him all his passing TDs and yards came on bombs pretty much. That’s not happening in the NFL. His decision making, accuracy, ability to read secondaries and going to more than a couple reads is suspect. He very well might be a good NFL QB if groomed correctly and in the right situation. Just don’t think that’s us right now.

Hooker is still the guy that intrigues me the most. Hard to gage where he goes since he’s pretty much out 1/2 the year. But we’d want to bench him anyway and groom him. We might be the perfect landing spot for him if we can add a Rodgers. 

21 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Anthony Richardson in the right system will be a dynamic player at the NFL level. 

I think he will probably be the worse one of all of them. He is so raw that scouts have even said it is years not just a year of sitting. His throws in college where pretty ugly and he does not have that ball placement that he needs in the pros. The first thing I look at with these college kids is ball placement. None of these QB's have the ball placement. Zach Wlison had pretty poor ball placement and that was why I was so mad they used the #2 pick on him. I had him as a low end first to second round grade. The window is so small to hit in most pass situations in the NFL that if you don't have it who cares how fast you are or how strong your arm is. 

53 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think he will probably be the worse one of all of them. He is so raw that scouts have even said it is years not just a year of sitting. His throws in college where pretty ugly and he does not have that ball placement that he needs in the pros. The first thing I look at with these college kids is ball placement. None of these QB's have the ball placement. Zach Wlison had pretty poor ball placement and that was why I was so mad they used the #2 pick on him. I had him as a low end first to second round grade. The window is so small to hit in most pass situations in the NFL that if you don't have it who cares how fast you are or how strong your arm is. 

Time will tell mate. I wanted Lamar when he came out and lots on here said he was garbage. If he’s in the right organisation I feel he will become a superstar. Obviously if rushed and not developed properly he will fail (like all young qbs) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Time will tell mate. I wanted Lamar when he came out and lots on here said he was garbage. If he’s in the right organisation I feel he will become a superstar. Obviously if rushed and not developed properly he will fail (like all young qbs) 

For me as my defense when I didn’t want Lamar is exactly why I still don’t love the idea of trading for him. His shelf life isn’t long. When his legs go. He goes.

• Like 1