2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Odd chance we do add a QB and OT in FA… what does everyone want to do at 13 if that happens.

Hypothetically we trade for Rodgers and Bak but keep 13.

Who do you want?!?!

If this does happen I'm trading down from 13 and grabbing the OG from Florida. He can go against Laken for the starting job and if he wins great, If not AVT can swing to T and rookie starts. 

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Odd chance we do add a QB and OT in FA… what does everyone want to do at 13 if that happens.

Hypothetically we trade for Rodgers and Bak but keep 13.

Who do you want?!?!

If Skoronski is available, I'd grab him at 13.  Plug him in at LG and make Tomlinson a post June 1 cut ($14M dead money, $3M Cap savings).  That would be a nice line - Bak, Sko, OC, AVT, Becton.  What makes this really appealing is that Skoronski is like AVT - a great OG (projected) but can play OT decently enough to fill in if needed and chances are it would be needed on this team.

If Skoronski is gone, I'd trade down looking for iOL as the first pick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xrade said:

If Skoronski is available, I'd grab him at 13.  Plug him in at LG and make Tomlinson a post June 1 cut ($14M dead money, $3M Cap savings).  That would be a nice line - Bak, Sko, OC, AVT, Becton.  What makes this really appealing is that Skoronski is like AVT - a great OG (projected) but can play OT decently enough to fill in if needed and chances are it would be needed on this team.

If Skoronski is gone, I'd trade down looking for iOL as the first pick.

I like this philosophy. I'm pretty much always pro going OL.

I also don't see us trading for Bak. I cant see how we afford him and Rodgers will ability to make other moves to improve the roster. Draft capital wise Bak shouldn't cost much bc of his age and salary. But that'd be too much cap taking on both of them IMO.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I like this philosophy. I'm pretty much always pro going OL.

I also don't see us trading for Bak. I cant see how we afford him and Rodgers will ability to make other moves to improve the roster. Draft capital wise Bak shouldn't cost much bc of his age and salary. But that'd be too much cap taking on both of them IMO.

I agree. I think we just need to take the best OT we can at 13 or wherever we end up drafting if we have to trade for Rodgers. I also want to keep AVT at OG considering his upside there is way higher than at OT which is why he was drafted as a guard. It is very nice to know that he can absolutely keep OT at a very quality level in case we run into a situation like this past season. Losing him was a major blow. Being the hopeful Jets fan that I am, I still even have blind faith in Mekhi. Let us all pray.

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

13. Broderick Jones | OT | Georgia 

43. Antonio Johnson | S | Texas A&M

74. Lukę Wypler | C | Ohio State

112. Hendon Hooker | QB | Tennessee

145. Owen Pappoe | LB | Auburn

174. Tyler Scott | WR | Cincinatti 

I'd take this.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 6:20 AM, NYRaider said:

I didn't know that we have Jets sleeper in Vegas. lol.

12 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

NFL mock draft;

1. Anthony Richardson

2. John Michael Schmitz

3. Daiyan Henley

I would love this if we didn’t get one of the top qbs like Rodgers/Lamar etc 

You want NOTHING to do with Richardson. The guys is YEARS away from a starter and even that is a BIG question mark. His throws are awful. He is going to throw a lot of picks in the NFL becasue of his ball placement. You want a mid QB range guy Hooker and Will Rodgers are the only ones. Hooker scares me more but I think Will Rodgers is the best in the draft if he is put on the right team and coach he can be the Brock Purdy. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 6:20 AM, NYRaider said:

I'm also a fan of trading down and picking up another 2nd or 3rd rounder. Hopefully a QB needy team not called the Jets will want to leapfrog a QB if one falls to us at 13.

8 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think JD is gonna fall in love with Jones Athletic and Gigantic seems to be his MO with OL.

I agree, but I think he's going to be picked in the top-10. Especially if he has a good combine. I have about 4-5 OT's I like in this draft. So I'm not really stressing. Even trading for Tunsil is still an option to me if we don't trade a pick for a QB. I think Anton Harrison is a good one to look at as well for a trading back.