2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

All these really good WR at OSU begs the question;  are the WR's making the QB's there look better than they really are?  I ask this only because OSU WR's seem to do well in the NFL whereas OSU QB's not so much.

Well Fields looks good and should only get better as a passer when he gets WRs. Stroud I think is legit as well. But obviously that’s a guess.

But yes they seem to always have great talent at WR.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:58 AM, doumeyer said:

Guys I love all this talk about O lineman. That is the way to go in the 2023 draft. At 13th pick in the first round the best offensive line man on the board. With our second pick in round two, I am going to get a little greedy here how about an Offensive center.

Paris Johnson and John Michael Schmitz would solidify your OL for the next decade. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Paris Johnson and John Michael Schmitz would solidify your OL for the next decade. 

I’m leaning towards that and Carr. 1-2 years of going all in with Rodgers will probably set us back afterwards. Zach won’t magically learn from him and we spent high draft capital. Too many holes and relying on Rodgers potential, the entire OLs health AND potential, Hall’s knee, the defense falling apart after cutting expensive vets. Etc. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed but having two rookies start on an already shaky OL may not be the best idea.  If we at least had three established starters then sure, but right now all we have is 1 1/2 both coming off injuries (AVT, Becton).  I'd rather see just one rookie start and sign aa couple of FA's to start the year.

20 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’m leaning towards that and Carr. 1-2 years of going all in with Rodgers will probably set us back afterwards. Zach won’t magically learn from him and we spent high draft capital. Too many holes and relying on Rodgers potential, the entire OLs health AND potential, Hall’s knee, the defense falling apart after cutting expensive vets. Etc. 

I think whoever you bring in at QB, you kind of have to go all in at this point. Joe Douglas and BS' jobs depend on you guys being good this year. 

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think whoever you bring in at QB, you kind of have to go all in at this point. Joe Douglas and BS' jobs depend on you guys being good this year. 

Making the playoffs is the line though. And I like our chances of making the playoffs with like 3 of the options that might be available to us.

JD and Saleh have been great drafting together. Even with missing on Zach Wilson they get a B+ at worst. I know QB is the most important but I don’t think we win a Super Bowl in the next two years, we need to keep adding talent. 

We need OT, C, DL, potentially more than 1 LB and S, potentially WR. We have too many vets that may get cut in the next year or two that would leave us with holes and very little depth. Next offseason we are looking at only Wilson and Moore at WR, Moore needing a contract. We may only have Sherwood at LB into his final year. We have the chance to become the Steelers and Ravens, great drafting teams always replacing vets and always in the playoffs. 

Carr only costs money and gets us into the playoffs, we draft a QB in 2024 to sit for 1-2 years when we get sick of him (lol) and then we have All Pro caliber guys all over both sides of the ball. AVT, Sauce, Wilson, JJ, Hall, let’s say 1st round OL in 2023 and then first round pick in 2024. 

As opposed to Rodgers, if we give up two 1sts now we lose valuable picks to protect him and replace vets. Becton gets hurt, Tomlinson sucks, AVT banged up, rookie/decent vet Center, Mitchell doesn’t pan out, Hall gets the sh** kicked out him with the poor OL. It could get ugly. And I realize it can get ugly with both scenarios but I like the ammo. Then when Rodgers is done we pick up Wilson’s 5th year and expect him to play after sitting two years? Now we have to draft another guy and throw into the fire instead of letting one marinate. 

47 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

if we give up two 1sts now we lose valuable picks to protect him and replace vets

JD is not stupid enough to give up two high draft picks.  I do not think he gives up a FRP.  According to reports, GB is done with Rodgers and want to start the Love era.  Teams know this and will low ball GB.  GB is NOT in the driver seat here.