2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

I love to have the Brown twin.  

WR Cedric Tillman may or may not make it to 1st round value.  C Steve Avila has yet to let scouts down.   Now, I am having 2nd round dilemma.

I am all on Nolan Smith for 13 if Saleh decides to upgrade the defense.   Dennis Allen and Dan Quinn have success using 4-3 rushing LB and Jets are about having one LB going into new league year. 

If one of these guys fall to the 13 pick you have to take them. I know some might not fall but man the Jets have had a field day of players falling to them from Q, Darnold ( I was very high on him but not over Baker), Adams, Sauce, Wilson, and I can go on and on. So don't think these guys might not be there when there is a chance. 

Bryce Young - He checked in at 5' 10" during the combine so he is 5' 10". I would take him and is worth the risk in my book. Then you add the fact that Anthony Richardson is climbing up draft boards as high as #1. You have had a lot of short QB's not do too well in the first round the last 10 years with Baker being the last in my mind. 

Jalen Carter- Yes you take him. Can you imagine him and Q side by side. These guys would blow up every OL in the league. I know the arrest will drop him but how far who knows. 

Brian Branch- Safety tends to drop down on baords. It is really rare for a safety to be picked in the top 10. I like Branch A LOT and think he will be very good in the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

If one of these guys fall to the 13 pick you have to take them. I know some might not fall but man the Jets have had a field day of players falling to them from Q, Darnold ( I was very high on him but not over Baker), Adams, Sauce, Wilson, and I can go on and on. So don't think these guys might not be there when there is a chance. 

Bryce Young - He checked in at 5' 10" during the combine so he is 5' 10". I would take him and is worth the risk in my book. Then you add the fact that Anthony Richardson is climbing up draft boards as high as #1. You have had a lot of short QB's not do too well in the first round the last 10 years with Baker being the last in my mind. 

Jalen Carter- Yes you take him. Can you imagine him and Q side by side. These guys would blow up every OL in the league. I know the arrest will drop him but how far who knows. 

Brian Branch- Safety tends to drop down on baords. It is really rare for a safety to be picked in the top 10. I like Branch A LOT and think he will be very good in the NFL. 

Only guy on this list I would take at 13 is Carter. Young is way too small and this franchise does not have the ability to gamble on yet another ? at QB. Young is a hard pass. He plays under 200. Kyler Murray makes him look like a little boy and he doesn't have Murray's athleticism.

Branch was a nickel corner in college and while his instincts and football IQ are very high, his measurables and size/speed numbers are pretty bad. He is not in the same category of Hamilton who timed poorly last year. We need a safety, but not that high.  

Don't we have a TE already to step in for an eventual cut? We have three tight ends, two free agents and one fairly early draft pick. Do we need another one in the early rounds? 

Not a fan of drafting a TE or WR early (rounds 1 or 2). Let's bring in Aaron Rodgers, and let's see if guys like Mims and Moore can bust out with competent and playmaking QB play. Let's see if Wilson can become another Adams with Rodgers throwing to him. Let's see if someone like Lazard or Cobb follows Rodgers to NYJ. And we still have to decide on Davis and Berrios (I would cut both, but maybe the Jets keep one or both).

One early pick will go to Green Bay, more likely than not. The other should be used for a center, safety or defensive tackle imo.

I would certainly gamble on DT Carter. Branch would be a no-brainer for me. Bryce Young will not be available at 13, let's be real. 

Vorhees is true blue collar football player.  He torn ACL yesterday but completed 38 bench press today.  He is already 24 years old but I believe he is a plug and play prospect so that means he doesn't need any seasoning in NFL developmental process.  If available in 4th or 5th, I don't mind redshirting him to replace Laken Tomlinson in 2024.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Vorhees is true blue collar football player.  He torn ACL yesterday but completed 38 bench press today.  He is already 24 years old but I believe he is a plug and play prospect so that means he doesn't need any seasoning in NFL developmental process.  If available in 4th or 5th, I don't mind redshirting him to replace Laken Tomlinson in 2024.

Exactly what I want to happen. Come next year can we cut Laken without much financial repercussions? 

Let’s say we get Rodgers for a 2nd+. How does that affect the draft? Do we go for instant impact?

Do we add an OL for protection? Brown is back maybe they wait a year for another high pick at Tackle. Do we go another weapon? Do we get a starter on defense? 

EDIT- and is the FO consulting Rodgers about playing with a rookie LT or WR?

Edited by jetsfan4life51

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Let’s say we get Rodgers for a 2nd+. How does that affect the draft? Do we go for instant impact?

Do we add an OL for protection? Brown is back maybe they wait a year for another high pick at Tackle. Do we go another weapon? Do we get a starter on defense? 

EDIT- and is the FO consulting Rodgers about playing with a rookie LT or WR?

I'm trading down and trying to grab a second this year to replace the one we lost for Rodgers. If you drop down say 5 or 6 spots you can still get a great player there and add that second round pick.