Seriously, I'd really like this draft. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

13. Broderick Jones | OT | Georgia

43. John Michael-Schmitz | C | Minnesota

74. Gervon Dexter | DL | Florida

112. Ji'Ayir Brown | S | Penn State

143. Dorian Williams | LB | Tulane 

Where did all of your picks go?

Would work.   Release Duane Brown to cover rookie salary.

33 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we don’t sign OBJ we need to now replace Moore. 

Unless Hackett thinks we are running 100 times with Breece, Carter and Knight then only throwing to GW. 

3 OTs in Johnson, Ski and Jones are gone by 13. You drafting JSN?

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

3 OTs in Johnson, Ski and Jones are gone by 13. You drafting JSN?

Never looked at WRs because I didn’t think it was an option. Only Quentin Johnson but there’s a lot of negativity behind him. 

EDIT- trading down to recoup a pick and get JMS. Can find a Tackle like Bergeron in the 2nd. 

Edited by jetsfan4life51
  • Like 1

Everything is up in the air on this draft, RB's usually don't go as high as all the experts predict, B.H. went in round 2.

I think the Jets pass on T in the 1st round, and possibly move back and pick up some more draft capitol. If there was a year that the Jets could do it, this is the year. 

That being the case If a blue chip RB falls into their lap and considering that B.H. may or not be his old self do you pass on a guy like Bijan R. ? What if one of the top DE/DT falls further than expected or do you wait and grab a T/C in round 2?

For argument sake the Jets have Bijan fall to them in round 1. JMS in round 2 along with C. Kancey, I would consider that an incredible draft. 

Give GB the headache of taking a number 1 next year, lets keep all our picks and knock it out of the park

I have my OT rankings as

1. Johnson

2. Sko

3. Jones.

Choose beat one available at 13. If all 3 are gone. Look for a trade back if the value is there. If not then draft JSN or Mayer. They’re BPA IMO.

I assume we still have 42 still so I’d choose BA C there. For me JMS and Tippmann are both worth being drafted there 

I think our next signing of a lineman will determine the direction we go in for the first pick. If we sign someone like C Ben Jones, then I could see us drafting a DT in round 1. If we sign someone like DT Linval Joseph next, then I could see us focusing on either a LT or C. 

The other factor may be if we release someone. 

My ideal draft would be if we could land a starting DT, a developmental LT or starting C and a starting FS with our first three picks. Then in the later rounds, we could draft a developmental QB, a developmental linebacker and one more offensive lineman.

Then I would release Corey Davis and Jordan Whitehead. Hopefully, we can dump Z. Wilson to someone after the draft if a team is not satisfied with their developmental QB.

• Like 1

Interesting.    Jets aren't high on Luke Wypler and Peter Skoronski.  Eye for Paris Johnson Jr.

I can understand why Skoronski isn't an option for Jets as they have 2 Gs locked up as starters.  However, snubbing Wypler, who happens to be a Jet fan, presents some concern.  John Michael Schmitz, Wypler and Joe Tippmann may only centers that can play right away.  That is 2 choices now for Jets if Ben Jones is no go (2 concussions last year).   Jets have two picks in early 40's so Tippmann is a possibility if no trade down in 1st.

Johnson Jr can play RT right away so that means Jets could either cutting Duane Brown for Mekhi Becton to man LT or trade Becton away. Heck, it could be Johnson Jr at LT and Becton at RT.  Whatever it happens to OT situation it makes clear that Joe Douglas isn't good at draft.  Sad.

Jets have been scouting WR prospects that may be taken during developmental rounds (5-7). 

My take on the draft is this, if the Jets sign Jones for a few years, they draft a C later on in the draft and develop him. I believe they will sign Jones. So the idea of drafting someone extremely talented at C early on becomes a non factor.

Instead I see the Jets drafting a DL in round 1 to shore up the line, especially in light of the fact that Campbell has signed with the Falcons. Show me the money! Campbell it was said wanted to sign with a contender, but so much for that.

The Jets need some infused youth at NT/DL someone who can stop the run up front. Will the Jets draft a OT in round 2? Possibly, but what if someone like Bijan Robinson falls to the Jets at 13? Do we pass on arguably the best RB and top 5 player in the draft? I don't think so.

If that is the case, than the Jets draft a DL in round 2 and a C in round 4 and T in 5 and a S in 6. The Jets will not have 2 number 2's, one will have to be traded for AR.

1. DL

2. C/OT

4.BPA

5. QB

6. BPA