2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

I think Jones(or Best available OT), Brian Branch, or Edge will be the pick at 13. Obviously OT SHOULD be the pick but if Jones and Johnson are gone I think Branch or and Edge(Nolan Smith/Myles Murphy) make a ton of sense

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think Jones(or Best available OT), Brian Branch, or Edge will be the pick at 13. Obviously OT SHOULD be the pick but if Jones and Johnson are gone I think Branch or and Edge(Nolan Smith/Myles Murphy) make a ton of sense

Not going to lie, I'm very much for "if not OL, then TE" for #13. This is a great year for a TE and would add more weapons to a team that assumedly has AR at QB. I'm happy with our defense, and while not a premium position, I think this is a bigger need.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Not going to lie, I'm very much for "if not OL, then TE" for #13. This is a great year for a TE and would add more weapons to a team that assumedly has AR at QB. I'm happy with our defense, and while not a premium position, I think this is a bigger need.

Mayers please. Unfortunately that is more of a luxury pick since we have three capable TE’s. I am not so sure about OT either only because we have three potential starters. DT, OC and FS are much bigger needs. Add in the fact that Saleh probably wants to really round out the D and I can see the top DT or deep S as the pick if a top prospect is available. JD won’t reach.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Mayers please. Unfortunately that is more of a luxury pick since we have three capable TE’s. I am not so sure about OT either only because we have three potential starters. DT, OC and FS are much bigger needs. Add in the fact that Saleh probably wants to really round out the D and I can see the top DT or deep S as the pick if a top prospect is available. JD won’t reach.

Eh, all those guys are JAGs. I want an actual playmaker at TE.

I'm less concerned about DT and FS given our current secondary and DL. LB is probably weaker than both those units.

On 3/30/2023 at 5:42 PM, Bobby816 said:

I don’t know man. What does JD value? Character. Carter isn’t a high character guy. And even look at our guys that have panned out the way we would like under JD. It had a lot to do with their character. So yes form a strictly skill set standpoint yes he’s a no brained at 13. But NFL is a lot more than just being big and skilled. I’d rather see us go OL there and then use our 2nd on Mazi Smith if there. 

Not going to pretend to know anything about his character.  He obviously made a huge mistake but does that define him?  The guy is 1 and 1A with Anderson as the first non QB player to be taken if his incident didn't happen.  If we feel comfortable it a risk that would make a ton of sense.  Doubt we even have the option because he's still probably going top 7-8.

38 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm less concerned about DT and FS given our current secondary and DL. LB is probably weaker than both those units.

I like what Conklin brings and think he will shine with Rodgers but both him and Uzomah are both cuttable after this year and TE's usually take a year to breakout so it's not out of the question to look at a TE this year.  I still think Ruckert has a future here too.

Gross there should NEVER be a TE taken in round 1 unless it is an outstanding one and even those I might not go after. You only have 1 or 2 elite TE and the rest is just mah. I would rather have a bigger WR be the red zone target and have an extra T in for blocking. Just look back at the teams that have drafted a TE in round 1 and how they did.

2022- No TE taken in round 1

2023-Kyle Pitts (He has done NOTHING at all)

2021- No TE taken in round 1

2020- No TE taken in round 1

2019 - TJ Hockenson and Noah Fant (Fant has done nothing and is already on a new team and TJ has a good game here and there but not 1st round pick good.)

2018 - Hayden Hurst (the guy has been on like 3 teams and struggles to be a starter.)

2017- OJ Howard (gross never did anything) Even Engram ( started out really bad but may have found a spot) David Njoku (he has had a game or two here but never has lived up to first round pick)

2016 - No TE taken in first round

2015 - No TE taken in the first round

2014 - Eric Ebron ( Gross he is not even in the league anymore)

2013 - Tyler Eifert ( Did not do much and been passed around the league a lot)

I went back 10 years and find ZERO reason to draft a TE in round 1. 

After look this over I don't think I would EVER draft a TE first round. I think I would not even think about drafting a TE until the 3rd or 4th round. I'm about 95% sure I would not draft one in round 2 either. 

So some one please tell me why the Jets should waste a high pick first or second round on a TE?

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If Jones and Johnson are gone and we want a talent, not more draft picks, give me Myles Murphy or Nolan Smith. Need another game wrecker outside of Q. 

Heard rumors we could lose Huff next year so I'd be good with Smith.

3 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Tyler Conklin had the most yards by a Jet since Keller and Mitchell. I hardly consider him a JAG. As for Uz, he did a great job for what he was asked to do which was block. Jury still out on Ruckert. Considering the long learning curve and high ‘bust” rate of TE’s, spending a FRP when we need a DT and FS is not exactly a prudent use of resources.

Are you comfortable with just Q, Solomon and Smart at DT?  I guarantee you that the Jets are not. As proof, we tried to sign Cox. FS is a little more nebulous. They may be OK with Clark, Adams, Whitehead and Davis. 

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

He obviously made a huge mistake but does that define him?

The incident itself does not define him. We’ve all done stupid things as young men and women. But, if he ran with a hurt man laying there, that does define his character. I’ve read things that he ran and read things that he stayed. If he stayed, then I commend him for doing the right thing. If he ran, he is a POS. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

So some one please tell me why the Jets should waste a high pick first or second round on a TE?

I hope not this year, but if we were a championship caliber team with little to no holes, then yes, a TE would be warranted in the first.