2023 NFL Draft Class

jetsfan4life51

I found the words about Carter being difficult to coach but I couldn't find consistent information about that.

That.

Plus.

Agreed with or made staff to race him on road resulting fatalities.

Plus.

Poor Pro Day

Plus.

Low Stamina.

Plus.

some stuffs we aren't aware of.

Whatever.

49 minutes ago, xrade said:

Are you comfortable with just Q, Solomon and Smart at DT?  I guarantee you that the Jets are not. As proof, we tried to sign Cox. FS is a little more nebulous. They may be OK with Clark, Adams, Whitehead and Davis. 

I really think we take a guy like Benton at 42/43.  Been saying it since the end of the season.  I think he's a great fit next to Q and he doesn't have to play full time with JFM on passing downs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Gross there should NEVER be a TE taken in round 1 unless it is an outstanding one and even those I might not go after. You only have 1 or 2 elite TE and the rest is just mah. I would rather have a bigger WR be the red zone target and have an extra T in for blocking. Just look back at the teams that have drafted a TE in round 1 and how they did.

2022- No TE taken in round 1

2023-Kyle Pitts (He has done NOTHING at all)

2021- No TE taken in round 1

2020- No TE taken in round 1

2019 - TJ Hockenson and Noah Fant (Fant has done nothing and is already on a new team and TJ has a good game here and there but not 1st round pick good.)

2018 - Hayden Hurst (the guy has been on like 3 teams and struggles to be a starter.)

2017- OJ Howard (gross never did anything) Even Engram ( started out really bad but may have found a spot) David Njoku (he has had a game or two here but never has lived up to first round pick)

2016 - No TE taken in first round

2015 - No TE taken in the first round

2014 - Eric Ebron ( Gross he is not even in the league anymore)

2013 - Tyler Eifert ( Did not do much and been passed around the league a lot)

I went back 10 years and find ZERO reason to draft a TE in round 1. 

After look this over I don't think I would EVER draft a TE first round. I think I would not even think about drafting a TE until the 3rd or 4th round. I'm about 95% sure I would not draft one in round 2 either. 

So some one please tell me why the Jets should waste a high pick first or second round on a TE?

Much of this has been those guys going to some terrible QB situations, but a valid point (except for TJ, he is a monster and broke out after being traded to Minny).

I knew I'd be the minority on this, but by all accounts this TE class is grade A. If we can get a guy in the Kittle, Kelce, Andrews tier at TE, then our offense will be set for years - well after AR leaves and the next young QB has to step up. Conklin is far from that guy.

I think the only position I would be fine with grabbing over TE (OL is my first choice) is Edge - we haven't had a true blue-chip Edge since John Abraham. If we had a top tier Edge to go with Q, that defense would be instantly top 3.

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sko is becoming my favorite target. Love his versatility like we have with AVT. Can literally play anywhere on the OL.

Agreed but I doubt he will be available at 13. He is projected to be the first OL off the board. The question is will JD move up if he is within striking distance? Personally, I’d prefer not to.  It would cost us one of our SRP’s  most likely.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Skoronski is good for Jets but I don't think JD isn't particularly interested in acquiring him as I suspect he wants a natural T rather than T with IOL as a fallback option

We should have two quality Ts in Becton and Mitchell with a solid sub in Duane Brown - but yeah, all 3 of those guys could very well be out for the season again.

We are also not too bad at guard, but AVT still needs to come back too.

So unless JD sees someone as far and away better than Sko, his versatility might be more valuable considering our biggest weaknesses on OL are injuries.

• Like 1

What DTs pair best with Q? Do you think JD and Saleh would rather draft someone like Kancey with that potential and it being fairly easy to draft a big, running stuffing guy late?

I have Benton, Smith and Ika all in the same range and would love one of them at 42/43.  I’d have to look closer but I like Benton next to Q. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

What DTs pair best with Q? Do you think JD and Saleh would rather draft someone like Kancey with that potential and it being fairly easy to draft a big, running stuffing guy late?

I have Benton, Smith and Ika all in the same range and would love one of them at 42/43.  I’d have to look closer but I like Benton next to Q. 

I think we have enough pass rush with Q and our DEs (Thomas is also more of a pass rushing DT than Run stuffer and on obvious passing situations we can move JFM inside as well). I don't think the other DT needs to be a sack guy. I'd rather it be a big bodied run stopper. I actually want 2 of them. Get Woods hopefully today or tomorrow and then draft a guy in the 4th-5th maybe. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we have enough pass rush with Q and our DEs (Thomas is also more of a pass rushing DT than Run stuffer and on obvious passing situations we can move JFM inside as well). I don't think the other DT needs to be a sack guy. I'd rather it be a big bodied run stopper. I actually want 2 of them. Get Woods hopefully today or tomorrow and then draft a guy in the 4th-5th maybe. 

Thomas isn't a full time starter as he would continue rotating 3 spots.  Jets may need someone to play a chunk of time on the field inside with Big Q.  Penetrating DT is required.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Thomas isn't a full time starter as he would continue rotating 3 spots.  Jets may need someone to play a chunk of time on the field inside with Big Q.  Penetrating DT is required.

It's no different than last year on how we rotated guys in and out across the whole DL. We'll do the same this year. We just will be better against the run. Ya maybe we lose some pass rush... but I think we're just fine there.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It's no different than last year on how we rotated guys in and out across the whole DL. We'll do the same this year. We just will be better against the run. Ya maybe we lose some pass rush... but I think we're just fine there.

No way in Hell will Thomas replace Rankins.   He stays where he is.   Jets lost Rankins and Shepherd so signing Woods would be a vast upgrade to Shepherd.   A replacement for Rankins remains unknown at the moment.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

No way in Hell will Thomas replace Rankins.   He stays where he is.   Jets lost Rankins and Shepherd so signing Woods would be a vast upgrade to Shepherd.   A replacement for Rankins remains unknown at the moment.

But our rush D wasn't the best last year and that's bc Rankins and Q are more pass rushers than run stuffers (Q can do both). So having Woods next to Q round out our team better. Draft a run stuffer as well to develop and rotate in. Obvious passing downs... move JFM inside if you want more pass rush