AnkleGATE - Mac's Timetable TBD

m haynes

Just now, Deadpulse said:

That dude isnt a reporter, he is a fan with a wrestling podcast. 

I don't put a huge amount of stock in what he has to say but he is a little more than a fan. I believe he works for The Sports Hub and has apparently been right about a lot of Brady related news the last few years. 

Mac made some interesting points today, mainly that he's never had a major injury in his life. He's never missed a game since starting to play football. So I could see how he would be reluctant to do any kind of surgery for an injury which can heal naturally. I don't blame him for wanting a second opinion, but isn't it always because the player requested that a team gets a second opinion? Otherwise I believe they just trust their medical staff. 

As disappointed as I was about Mac's performance yesterday, I rewatched and feel a lot better about his growing pains today. He made some awesome throws and those turnovers were preventable. This offense needs coaching help.. just look at how Parker didn't even understand the audible on that end zone INT, they don't know the offense well enough. This could be attributed to most of their offseason offense being thrown away and reverting to more of last years playbook .. Parker wasn't here last year, so he's at a major disadvantage to most of the rest of the offensive guys. 

I'm much more curious about BB. Kraft made many comments this offseason about how going to the playoffs wasn't enough, he wasn't happy that they haven't won a playoff game in 3-4 years. He's setting a very high standard for this team to live up too.. he's also 81 and may not want to watch a rebuild at his age. That and when it comes to the bottom line, ratings are down dramatically from last year apparently. The Kraft factor is VERY interesting to me, win 5 games this season and we have no idea how Kraft could react.. he could go nuclear and try to get the next Mcdaniel to "fix" Mac and the offense and have a contender day 1. I don't know coaching staffs around the league but would anyone be surprised if the offense struggles all year and Kraft puts his foot down telling BB he needs to hire a new age OC to take over the offense? 

Sorry, I went on a tangent. Either way I'm siding with Mac on this one and 🤞 that he's a quick healer.

11 hours ago, Crimmage said:

If true, this would be rather interesting. 

I'll always side with the player when it comes to injuries, but the wording here seems like they are trying to insinuate a lot. "he's comfortable waiting" sounds like Mac thinks this team sucks and is fine not having to deal with the 💩show. 

From BB's perspective, he knows the only way they win games is with Mac.. maybe Kraft has put more pressure on BB than we think? 

I take these things on a player by player basis. 

Mac has never shown anything in his history that would lead me to believe he is not a team guy. He know his body and has every right to seek a 2nd opinion.  If its me, I would be extremely upset with a team that didn't support my decision. Matter of fact i would lose all loyalty to my teams management.  

Now if it's Antonio Brown, different story.

My next question is who the heck is James Stewert and who gave him the info?

I really doubt Mac did and we all know nothing came from the Pats.    I watched Macs interview and they asked him about injury and time line and he said nothing but,  you need to ask BB. He would give nothing. He acted like a mini BB!!!!!!!!!

This sounds like the media trying to build a story. I think it's call click bait.

• Like 1

, I rewatched and feel a lot better about his growing pains today. He made some awesome throws and those turnovers were preventable. This offense needs coaching help..

I'm not saying Mac doesn't deserve some blame but what I'm reading and see on TV is that some of the blame has to do with WR's (no separation) coaching and scheme. What i'm getting its all on Macs shoulders and he has to be perfect.

I guess we will find out. I'm not talking wins and loses but how they play.  Example Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett year.

he's also 81 and may not want to watch a rebuild at his age.

Good point, that has to be a factor. IMO Kraft will not panic when he makes his feelings known.

he needs to hire a new age OC to take over the offense? 

Major problem here. What successful OC coach will come here with BB in charge? No one unless he has ( BB would never)  guarantees for the future,  . They couldn't keep there own coaches when Josh and Nick left!!!!

There is Bill O'Brien however that's like getting a new paint job on a old car!!! Pats need a new Play Station coach like Rams and Fins!!!

IMO this is impossible with BB there.  Can you see this playing out? Not pretty. BB old school with total power and input.  Example Dorsey from the Bills. There is zero chance he would be making lateral move. Also any of the young guys on other staffs have no reason to leave.

Edited by m haynes

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

Major problem here. What successful OC coach will come here with BB in charge? No one unless he has ( BB would never)  guarantees for the future,  . They couldn't keep there own coaches when Josh and Nick left!!!!

I agree there too.. which is why we ended up with Patricia this past season. BB probably couldn't find someone more established to want to come here and run the offense... so he figured he would build up guys from the ground up. I blame 50% of the turnovers on the coaches, 50% on Mac. You can't put so much on the shoulders of a year 2 QB.. he's not Brady.

If Kraft isn't having that though.. that's where the problems start. 

I guess that guy may have been more of an idiot than I first anticipated though. I took him as relatively credible based off the checkmark and the comments saying he's been on point with Patriots news. My fault.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:06 AM, Crimmage said:

I'm much more curious about BB. Kraft made many comments this offseason about how going to the playoffs wasn't enough, he wasn't happy that they haven't won a playoff game in 3-4 years. He's setting a very high standard for this team to live up too.. he's also 81 and may not want to watch a rebuild at his age. That and when it comes to the bottom line, ratings are down dramatically from last year apparently. The Kraft factor is VERY interesting to me, win 5 games this season and we have no idea how Kraft could react.. he could go nuclear and try to get the next Mcdaniel to "fix" Mac and the offense and have a contender day 1. I don't know coaching staffs around the league but would anyone be surprised if the offense struggles all year and Kraft puts his foot down telling BB he needs to hire a new age OC to take over the offense? 

Also, take into consideration his son. If he's taking everything over, he's going to want to put his own stamp on things and he's going to want success of his own accord. He's only really known success until now.

The above doesn't add up to what we've got going on. We are now under .500 since Tom left, and we are making baffling moves like Making Matt P an offensive playcaller and paying high wages to players that do not contribute enough. Not to mention some head scratching drafts. 

So, what's going to budge? Is Kraft OK waiting for 5 years or so (minimum, based on how we are now)?

On 9/26/2022 at 9:25 PM, jofos said:

I still wait and see and not go by a "source" 

Tom Brady twice suffered high ankle sprains and in AFC championship games and played in the Super Bowl. 

In fairness, not everyone is Tom Brady. He could have gone full Black Knight from Holy Grail, and he'd be out there trying to spit the ball down the field.

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Also, take into consideration his son. If he's taking everything over, he's going to want to put his own stamp on things and he's going to want success of his own accord. He's only really known success until now.

This is a very good point. 

I believe it was Seth Wickersham who stated that Jonathan is not a fan of BB. I believe he said something along the lines of he would be out of here as soon as he stops winning. 

This isn't based off any reports necessarily but I also feel like he see's the Patriots as more of a business than Robert, who sees the team as more of a passion project. I don't see Jonathan as much of a fan like his father. Due to that, I think he would care a lot more about ratings and making money. Winning makes money, so that's good for us as fans.. but high powered offenses who win make a lot more money than bend but don't break defenses lol. 

Jonathan wanting to create his own legacy seems very likely .. whenever he takes over, don't be surprised if he cleans house of all BB's kids and hires an all new GM/Coaching staff who are "his guys". 

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The above doesn't add up to what we've got going on. We are now under .500 since Tom left, and we are making baffling moves like Making Matt P an offensive playcaller and paying high wages to players that do not contribute enough. Not to mention some head scratching drafts. 

So, what's going to budge? Is Kraft OK waiting for 5 years or so (minimum, based on how we are now)?

The draft I will not criticize right now.. primarily because I'm happy withe the last couple drafts. Last years draft can still be seen as great, even if Mac is struggling right now.. and I have high hopes for this years draft ( can't wait to see more Thornton). I actually really like the direction Groh has taken, I think he will bring in much needed talent. 

The issue is the coaching staff.. in hindsight, i'm completely convinced the mistake is Zac Robinson

- He is only 35, but he has been coaching since 2019 .. because he's so young, you could probably be guaranteed to have him on the staff until BB retires. 

- Drafted by the Patriots in 2010 so they obviously liked him at some point.. I think he was only with them for 1 year though

- He has spent all his coaching career with the Rams.. in the EXACT OFFENSE THEY WANT TO REPLICATE BUT HAVE NO COACHES TO DO IT

- He has experience at QB and being a QB coach

- He was promoted this year to pass game coordinator / qb coach .. the exact position BB probably would have wanted him in here.. but you've got to just give him the OC title to get him to jump ship and come here. 

- He just won a super bowl as assistant QB coach .. he would be bringing credibility to the offense as a whole and more specifically Mac

- You could still have Judge be the QB coach if you really want.. with Robinson being the OC... and you could still have Patricia as an "advisor" and spending time focused on the OL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Jonathan is not a fan of BB

Every time I see Johnathan, he reminds of a old movie, Next of Kin, Patrick Swayze.

JK is Joey Rossellini.  He hates the Mob Boss son, Joey,  but has to stomach him until he has enough and kills him.