AnkleGATE - Mac's Timetable TBD

m haynes

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ffs, he’s damaged ligaments severely in his ankle. What is this circus? He’s done for 3 weeks at least 

We don't the severity on Jones' injury. It was reported that a source said something but means very little.  Because Jones is a non-running QB and because it is his left ankle, he can and likely will return sooner than a lot of people expect. It is very possible he plays against the Lions.

2 hours ago, jofos said:

Because Jones is a non-running QB and because it is his left ankle, he can and likely will return sooner than a lot of people expect. 

As much as Mac isn't a running QB in the Jackson / Fields mold.. he's actually been running A LOT more than he did last year. It just isn't necessarily noticeable in the stat sheet because he's running around trying to make a pass. Just look at the Ravens game, he was running a lot (31 yards). Average that over a season and it's over 500 yards. 

Not a running QB but he certainly isn't Bledsoe back there. I think he will likely be in the Aaron Rodgers realm of running if he needs to but prefers to pass (~250-350 rushing yards a year)

I wouldn't bring Mac back until he is ready.. it's just not worth it. Continue to improve the offense as a whole and have him come back to a collectively better team which doesn't need him to shoulder the entire offense on his back.

23 hours ago, jofos said:

We don't the severity on Jones' injury. It was reported that a source said something but means very little.  Because Jones is a non-running QB and because it is his left ankle, he can and likely will return sooner than a lot of people expect. It is very possible he plays against the Lions.

it's not worth rushing him back. We kind of do know the severity of it, in that he has ligament damage. They're saying 'day to day' but that's BS. I agree he can come back sooner than a lot of people expect, that's why I said 3 weeks. 3 weeks is very soon. 

25 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

it's not worth rushing him back. We kind of do know the severity of it, in that he has ligament damage. They're saying 'day to day' but that's BS. I agree he can come back sooner than a lot of people expect, that's why I said 3 weeks. 3 weeks is very soon. 

All sprains have ligament damage.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, that's what they are. 3 weeks is pretty quick turnaround from that, considering the plant and shifting balance a QB must do.

I was hoping it wasn't season ending 🥴

so, everyone that rolls their ankle (sprains) should miss at least three weeks?

6 minutes ago, jofos said:

please read above... 3 weeks is a quick turn around.

Jo  I don't see it. He's using 3 weeks however in general terms.

" 3 weeks is pretty quick turnaround from that"   GT

" that's why I said 3 weeks. 3 weeks is very soon."    response GT 

" He’s done for 3 weeks at least "   This is just his opinion.   Now if this is what your talking about, ok, but honestly, I don't see the reason for your response.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Jo  I don't see it. He's using 3 weeks however in general terms.

" 3 weeks is pretty quick turnaround from that"   GT

" that's why I said 3 weeks. 3 weeks is very soon."    response GT 

" He’s done for 3 weeks at least "   This is just his opinion.   Now if this is what your talking about, ok, but honestly, I don't see the reason for your response.

I won't respond any more but if you look at the end of that response there is ? which is called a question mark and is used when asking something!

1 hour ago, jofos said:

I won't respond any more but if you look at the end of that response there is ? which is called a question mark and is used when asking something!

What are you in 6th grade.  Na Na I got you !!!

I get it, your a response poster that looks to make snide comments.  

I always thought your comments were weak.  Now you confirmed it.

Matter of fact your hardly worth the time.

See ya.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jofos said:

The “where did he say that” is coming from you inventing “so everyone who rolls their ankle is out 3 weeks?”

a: didn’t say that, b: no matter how positive you want to force yourself to be, Mac didn’t “roll” his ankle. He has a high ankle sprain. 

I’d love to live in your world though. The world where N’Keal Harry is a viable receiver and NOT a bust

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The “where did he say that” is coming from you inventing “so everyone who rolls their ankle is out 3 weeks?”

a: didn’t say that, b: no matter how positive you want to force yourself to be, Mac didn’t “roll” his ankle. He has a high ankle sprain. 

I’d love to live in your world though. The world where N’Keal Harry is a viable receiver and NOT a bust

Hunter don't waste your time. The last thing I'm going to do is worry about every comment I make or what some Na Na poster says, that offers little.

Harry that says it all.   He's vapor!!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1