Week 4: Patriots @ Packers (4:25 ET on CBS) - PG: Packers WIN 27-24 in OT; Move to 3-1!

FAH1223

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

If there is any part in the schedule for Jaire to miss, it's the next handful of games. GB really needs to clean house these next few weeks. Mac-less Patriots at home, both the tragic New York Football teams, and Washington

The Giants been putting in Ws tho

Washington has 2 WRa clearly better than our core

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Looks like we'll face Hoyer or Zappe.

Hoping it's Hoyer! Zappe looks like he has some skills. Hoyer is a JAG and as long as Barry doesn't play soft, we would get some turnovers out of Hoyer. 

Whoever is the QB, expect a whole lot of 3 yards and a cloud of dust this week. 

Edited by Old Guy

Definitely makes it easier from a defensive standpoint. MLF got to exorcise one demon in TB, if he can beat Bellicheck and the Pats he’ll have a second. I know he was HC for some bad losses here, but losing that SB after going up 28-3 has got to haunt him no matter what he says in public. We saw that LaFluer lull this last game.  Coach needs to show he can counterpunch when the defense switches up. We might have enough talent to roll these Pats but BB will be pushing his defense to try to steal a win. Let’s get some home cooking going and not let up til the game clock hits zero. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Definitely makes it easier from a defensive standpoint. MLF got to exorcise one demon in TB, if he can beat Bellicheck and the Pats he’ll have a second. I know he was HC for some bad losses here, but losing that SB after going up 28-3 has got to haunt him no matter what he says in public. We saw that LaFluer lull this last game.  Coach needs to show he can counterpunch when the defense switches up. We might have enough talent to roll these Pats but BB will be pushing his defense to try to steal a win. Let’s get some home cooking going and not let up til the game clock hits zero. 

Agree with almost all of this except for the bit about his responsibility for the Falcons 28-3 blown lead against the Patriots.  He was merely the QB coach on that team and had no play calling or game management responsibility whatsoever for that one.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 10:50 AM, LLcheesehead12 said:

Agree with almost all of this except for the bit about his responsibility for the Falcons 28-3 blown lead against the Patriots.  He was merely the QB coach on that team and had no play calling or game management responsibility whatsoever for that one.

Fair enough.  He was still there to watch his offense get completely derailed and the Pats to make an insane comeback. He bears some responsibility but not the same as the OC and of course the D for blowing that lead. I’m just saying for a a guy who preaches all gas, no f’n brake his offense stalls out too often. There are many factors, the biggest one being it’s hard to win in the NFL but he’s got to show more now and in the postseason.

These next few games might be our best chance to get right, but any of the teams are capable of an upset.  I hope we’re heading into Buffalo with a good looking record, but just as importantly with a battle tested team that has its identity sorted out. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Myers had cramps in his calf. They were rubbing it on the field and on the sidelines. I think he won't even be on the injury report. 

Thanks, Old Guy.  I view Myers as a huge variable for how the line goes.  Very important piece for the inside-run game, and obviously pass protection too.  And the difference to Hanson might be pretty substantial.  So, I'll be really glad if you're right and he's fine.  

I also feel like *IF* they could keep the same main line together for a while, that could help a lot.