Week 4: Patriots @ Packers (4:25 ET on CBS) - PG: Packers WIN 27-24 in OT; Move to 3-1!

FAH1223

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The biggest asset any player can have is availability. There is a reason Kevin King is still out there. GM's don't want to take a chance on a 4th CB who is seldom available come gameday. That is the major reason GB hasn't brought him back and likely won't. 

He's lost a lot of speed and is below average at this point. Roll with the young guys. 

If you believe King, he had multiple offers to play this year, but turned them down to focus on his health.

He said he had covid last year and it really affected him physically.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

If you believe King, he had multiple offers to play this year, but turned them down to focus on his health.

He said he had covid last year and it really affected him physically.

I don't think he would lie about having COVID. This wasn't just a last year thing with him. It was an every year thing. I don't believe he turned down offers but if he did, I hope he enjoys retirement and invested his money well. Doubt the phone will ring again. 

48 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Scheduled rest day for him. They're alternating Bak/Jenkins workloads through practice. Bak will get tomorrow off with Jenkins returning to practice

I wonder if Nijman might get some RT practice on a Bak-on-Elton-off day?  

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Do our corners have 5 Pro Bowls between all of them?

I know you are making a point, but let's consider this.

Are you more comfortable with SJC to play at the end of the season and maybe into the playoffs, or King?

Like I'm not a fan of King, but if he's your 4'th corner, I think you are very solid.  And clearly, I'm not in favor of him playing over Nixon.  SJC, though....I don't feel like I know enough about him to say that.  Either way.

SJC for me. I liked him in TC. Stronger special team player and King is way more name recognition than production at this point of his career.

Edit: just to clarify...even if I did feel King was an upgrade over SJC, I would rather use our limited salary cap remaining to try and pull in an edge rusher (kick Garvin to the curb) and a 3rd safety.

Edited by Sandy

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

SJC for me. I liked him in TC. Stronger special team player and King is way more name recognition than production at this point of his career.

Edit: just to clarify...even if I did feel King was an upgrade over SJC, I would rather use our limited salary cap remaining to try and pull in an edge rusher (kick Garvin to the curb) and a 3rd safety.

Plus, as CB-4 he would need to play some special teams. Did he ever do that when he was here?