Expectations for the Broncos this season?

Webmaster

Expectations for the Broncos this season?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Expectations for the Broncos this season?

• Super Bowl contender
    • Playoff contender
    • Around .500 record and miss the playoffs
    • Around 6 wins
    • 4 wins or less

If i had to guess I would say we hover around a wild-card spot.

The defense alone is worth quite a few wins. At the very least, our D will keep us in most games we play. The schedule difficulty + the uncertainty at QB are the problem. While I can see Vance Joseph sticking with the same OL more than Kubiak did (something I think was not talked about as much as it should have been) we still have two young QBs with a brand new offense. Usually that's not a recipe for success.

I would expect some regression from Oakland and KC, but I don't know if we can catch them. KC may have a worse year than people expect. Their offense really is nothing to write home about. Ours might be bad, but we do have quite a bit of talent. I can't really say the same about the Chiefs at the moment. The AFC is generally getting better. Miami may be in trouble if Tannehill is out for the year. That kills them. I think the only real contenders for WC spots are Tennessee/Indy, KC, Oakland. If Denver gets any consistency out of their offense, they can be a 10 or 11 win team.

Oakland has to really improve defensively to not regress in all likelihood. They were the antithesis of the Chargers, winning tight games at an incredible rate. I am more concerned about KC of the two, we match up fairly well with Oakland if the run D improves at all. KC has been a matchup nightmare the past two years and that probably continues this year.  

We just got a HUGE break by Ezekial Elliott getting suspended 6 games, with DAL coming to see us Week 2.

They have 3 days to appeal, and then another 10 days for the hearing to be held.  The courts upheld Goodell's power, so pretty much no chance he plays against us, even if the suspension gets reduced.

Wow.

I will give credit where it's due - after our OL and DL struggled, VJ & coaching staff send a clear message today by holding the first scrimmage in full pads.  Frankly there's risk but both our OL and DL need the extra time.   They don't deserve a light day after last game   

20100929_095536_MikeKlis_CM_1__normal.jpg Mike Klis (@MikeKlis)
Dang. Broncos in full pads first practice after game. Don't know if they'll be better this year but they should be tougher.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I will give credit where it's due - after our OL and DL struggled, VJ & coaching staff send a clear message today by holding the first scrimmage in full pads.  Frankly there's risk but both our OL and DL need the extra time.   They don't deserve a light day after last game   

20100929_095536_MikeKlis_CM_1__normal.jpg Mike Klis (@MikeKlis)
Dang. Broncos in full pads first practice after game. Don't know if they'll be better this year but they should be tougher.

Well this backfired badly

On 8/13/2017 at 11:59 AM, BroncoSojia said:

With our QB and oline situation, and now front seven problems due to injuries, I could definitely see us as the worst team in the division this year. Somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

I agree, I don't think thats outside the realm of possibilities.  I'm becoming more confident in the OL - I think we could be decent 4 across, but have a turnstile at RT.  The D is going to regress though, I think we're going to get run all over, and this is not a good division to have that problem in.

I feel we should certainly be challenging in the division. Perhaps not win it but certainly claim a Wildcard spot.

Both KC and Oakland are good right now, but I believe we can give them a game, certainly at Mile High. I would expect at least a .500 season but feel we can make the playoffs. 

I got us at 8 and 8 with either qb starting.

I think at first if lynch were to start he'd depend on the D not as bad as the Jacksonville game maybe a couple of notches up. But I feel as the season progresses he'd look better and show more flashes but the schedule gets tougher.

Siemian I got as just even all the way through the season he's one of those qbs you won't notice. That's good for most positions but I'd lean toward negative at qb.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:59 AM, BroncoSojia said:

With our QB and oline situation, and now front seven problems due to injuries, I could definitely see us as the worst team in the division this year. Somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

This region is going to come apart at the seams if we don't make the playoffs. They'll be turning cars over in west Aurora (and not just for the normal reasons); it will get ugly real quick. I remember Mac's Broncos being booed off the field by half-empty stadiums at halftime in October! I remember fans staging ticket/jersey burning demonstrations on corner Colfax and Federal. 

Archived