David Bakhtiari Watch

incognito_man

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically speaking, do you think Njiman would fetch a FRP?  Because I don't.

I don't.  I don't see any trade during the season.  Bakhti has had enough injury history, I think they'll want to keep Nijman.  This is an all-in season, so I don't see incentive to trade Nijman for futures.  I assume they keep him for insurance/depth this season, for if/when Bakhi needs rest or needs an extra week.  I'd like Bakhti heading into the playoffs healthy, not beat up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I believe that Yosh has one more year of RFA after this year.

But it's confusing, like at one time Spotrac said he didn't and OTC said he did.  So I'm just going to hope that we have him on the cheap for one more year past this one and then he can be our new LT once Bakh is done.

Yep.  Spotrac has him as a 2023 UFA, while OTC has him as a 2023 RFA.  Stoopid internet.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Given Bakh's recent injury history, do you even entertain trade offers on Njiman?

Probably not, but you never know what someone might offer.  There have been some pretty odd trades lately with teams seemingly shifting to more of an "all-in" mode of team building.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically speaking, do you think Njiman would fetch a FRP?  Because I don't.

Nope, but that would be the price because it would be a sellers' market for playoff teams who need their QB alive. 

It would definitely be a premium. He's proven he can play LT and that is a premium position.

This off season I'd throw a second-round tender on him, assuming Bak is still healthy and ready to go in 2023. I like our young linemen enough to gamble on them in year 2 should it be required. 

Edited by Old Guy

56 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Probably not, but you never know what someone might offer.  There have been some pretty odd trades lately with teams seemingly shifting to more of an "all-in" mode of team building.

Yeah, NFL is not NBA level of foolishness with FRPs but last off season there sure were a lot of teams willing to part with them compared to other years. I don't think it was a ****ty draft class either.