Week 4: Jags @ Eagles

Nabbs4u

19 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

I'm still not 100 percent convinced. But it's hard to deny that this defense performed well vs 2/3 good offenses so far this season. It's also fair to ask: "Is it Gannon, or is it kirk cousins in prime time? Wentz being Wentz? Horrible rain and a new QB in Lawrence?"

I like what I'm seeing for the most part, but I'm still skeptical.

Where I’m at as well. We saw our D dominate against bad QB play last year too. We’ll be playing best QBs yet over next 2 weeks in Kyler (he’s def better than primetime Kirk) and Dak. 

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Doug looked so happy for how well Hurts has developed.

Listened to him talk about Jalen during the week and he was very effusive in his praise of him.

Doug had his flaws, but I still love the guy no matter what. Will be rooting for the Jags in most contests.

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Anyone seen injury updates? 

I'm more worried about Mailata than anything. Losing him for the season would be rough.

Even losing him for the next 2 weeks until after our week 6 bye week would suck. Not sure when Dillard is due back, but he should be back somewhat soon. 

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Where I’m at as well. We saw our D dominate against bad QB play last year too. We’ll be playing best QBs yet over next 2 weeks in Kyler (he’s def better than primetime Kirk) and Dak

I think Cousins might actually be better than Kyler and current Dak. Kyler has not been very good and Dak looked stiff/rusty before he hurt his thumb. Rodgers is the only QB we'll play who is actually better than non-primetime Kirk, imo, but our CB's should shut the inexperienced GB WR's down. Not only is this schedule great for us getting homefield, but Gannon couldn't have asked for a better resume booster if he gets more HC interviews.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

QB's Gannon will face:

Kyler (average)
Dak (Back to looking like pre-Amari Dak, minus the scrambling)
Pickett!!!
Davis Mills!!!

Wentz!!!
Matt Ryan!!! (Might be the worst QB in the league this year)
Rodgers (great, but bad WR's)
Tanny (average)
Daniel Jones!!!
Fields!!!
Dak again (average? bad?)
Fractured Jameis!!!
Daniel Jones!!!

Our defense should net about 10 INT's playing the QB's in red.
I doubt a DC has ever had an easier first 2 seasons as far as QB's he will have to face.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Last year takeaways were pathetically low and you could hear the coaches/players talk in the offseason and about how they failed in that area last year.

Cowboys led the league in turnovers last year at 34.

Right now we are on pace for 42.5. I think the QBs we faced have helped, but I don't care I'll take it.

13 hours ago, Danger said:

What can I say other than the better team won.  We're not quite there yet.  Congrats, your team looks like a real contender,  and certainly one of the most complete teams in the league.  Hurts is pretty damn good, and damn you guys are good in the trenches. 

• Like 2