Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

14 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Half the Chargers starters were injured and Herbert is banged up.

Herbert threw an absolute rope 55 yards down the field to Guyton while getting hit by Josh Allen:

Think he was ok enough to do his thing in this one…

Teams are banged up/players are playing through things every week. You lost 38-10 at home, not on some last second field goal. That was an absolute beatdown and definitely an impressive win.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Ignorant statement, in fact I would say very ignorant.

You're saying injured players don't play in the sport of football when they shouldn't be? Laughable notion.

Exhibit a.  Justin Herbert launching 55 yard bomb to guyton.  Just cuz a guy is listed as injured doesn't mean he's really injured. 

I would say Staleys decision to keep Justin in after the outcome was decided(it was) was a moronic choice cuz there's 0 benefit of keeping Justin out there leaving him to potential hits and further injury to his rib cartilage.

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

How many touchdowns will Trevor throw? I'm saying four, to be conservative.

im not sure.  it depends on how well the jags OL plays.  if they play like the last 2 weeks it could be possible(tho it would be difficult with their good cb dou.  if it goes like week 1 well it might be a rougher game.  

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

How many touchdowns will Trevor throw? I'm saying four, to be conservative.

Love the optimism.   I'm not quite there yet.  Looks like Doug has simplified the game plan for Trevor.  Lot of plays look like they have cut the field in half giving Trevor 2 reads instead of a full field.  Good defense like Philly may be able to take some stuff that's been working.  No turnovers is biggest thing for me right now.

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Herbert threw an absolute rope 55 yards down the field to Guyton while getting hit by Josh Allen:

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Exhibit a.  Justin Herbert launching 55 yard bomb to guyton.  Just cuz a guy is listed as injured doesn't mean he's really injured. 

Jags deserve all the credit and Chargers deserve all the shade for that absolute beatdown. 

But being able to have a good play or even a bunch of good plays, doesn’t mean a guy isn’t injured. That’s ludicrous. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Jags deserve all the credit and Chargers deserve all the shade for that absolute beatdown. 

But being able to have a good play or even a bunch of good plays, doesn’t mean a guy isn’t injured. That’s ludicrous. 

I never said he wasn’t injured. Saying he was “ok enough to do his thing” followed by “players play through injuries” points to me saying he had no injury? Pretty well documented he has fractured rib cartilage.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I never said he wasn’t injured. 

Correct, you pointed to the pass as evidence that Herbert was “okay enough” and the other dude pointed at the same play and said “just because a guy’s listed as injured, doesn’t mean he’s injured”. Using a play to draw either conclusion is a joke, especially off the back of the “everyone’s injured” comment…as if all teams are dealing with the Chargers’ current level of injuries, lol. 

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Correct, you pointed to the pass as evidence that Herbert was “okay enough” and the other dude pointed at the same play and said “just because a guy’s listed as injured, doesn’t mean he’s injured”. Using a play to draw either conclusion is a joke, especially off the back of the “everyone’s injured” comment…as if all teams are dealing with the Chargers’ current level of injuries, lol. 

Ok?

I’m not sure what you want here. I’m not making a conclusion purely off one play. I watched the whole game.  I gave one example of him launching a bomb that maybe one of three QBs can during said game where he played through said injury. Doesn’t mean nothing affected him, but he played. He got dominated by a defense that shut him and the rest of that offense down.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I’m not sure what you want here. I’m not making a conclusion purely off one play. 

Gotcha, I must’ve missed earlier in the thread where you and a couple others used something other than one single play to determine that Herbert was “fine enough” or whatever else.

Correction:

”think he was fine enough”

“Just because a guy is listed as injured, doesn’t mean he’s really injured”

“Herbert was fine, the bomb to Guyton told me that”

”if they are truly injured they wouldn’t be playing”

Someone should call the Chargers and tell them to stop with these shenanigans and just list Herbert as box fresh!

20 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Gotcha, I must’ve missed earlier in the thread where you and a couple others used something other than one single play to determine that Herbert was “fine enough” or whatever else.

Correction:

Someone should call the Chargers and tell them to stop with these shenanigans and just list Herbert as box fresh!

20 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Correction:

That’s definitely what one of the posts you quoted said, but not mine.

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That’s definitely what one of the posts you quoted said, but not mine.

Someone said that half the Chargers were banged up (obviously not true, exaggeration). You responded by saying Herbert threw a deal ball to Guyton, showed the play, and then said he was fine. Then you said well all teams are injured right now. 

Yeah, you’re grouped into that gaslighting-Herbert’s-injury bunch. Nonsense.

If the NFLPA gets anywhere with their Tua investigation, I say we help the NFL out and send them that tweet of Herbert throwing a ball super hard. They must’ve missed it. If the NFLPA’s going to get on the Phins for potentially sending Tua back out while injured, then why should the Chargers be allowed to list Herbert on the INJURY list when he’s CLEARLY fine?

8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Teams are banged up/players are playing through things every week. You lost 38-10 at home, not on some last second field goal. That was an absolute beatdown and definitely an impressive win.

it was a great win for jacksonville but herbert's accuracy was atrocious and he was very clearly not himself in the pocket. doesn't take away from the whipping the jaguars put on em but despite an impressive throw or two he certainly did not look ok enough to do his thing lol. was honestly coaching malpractice to let him play imo

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

it was a great win for jacksonville but herbert's accuracy was atrocious and he was very clearly not himself in the pocket. doesn't take away from the whipping the jaguars put on em but despite an impressive throw or two he certainly did not look ok enough to do his thing lol. was honestly coaching malpractice to let him play imo

Agree with this sentiment.  Once the Jaguars were up by 3 scores there was no reason to keep trotting Herbert out there.   Game was over after 3 qtrs.

27 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Someone said that half the Chargers were banged up (obviously not true, exaggeration). You responded by saying Herbert threw a deal ball to Guyton, showed the play, and then said he was fine. Then you said well all teams are injured right now. 

Yeah, you’re grouped into that gaslighting-Herbert’s-injury bunch. Nonsense.

If the NFLPA gets anywhere with their Tua investigation, I say we help the NFL out and send them that tweet of Herbert throwing a ball super hard. They must’ve missed it. If the NFLPA’s going to get on the Phins for potentially sending Tua back out while injured, then why should the Chargers be allowed to list Herbert on the INJURY list when he’s CLEARLY fine?

If you want to come to the conclusion that my post stating “ok enough” means he was healthy, “CLEARLY fine”, and had zero affect on his play all game then I think we’re done here.