Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

46 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Trevor Lawrence has been named the AFC offensive player of the week.

46 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Trevor Lawrence has been named the AFC offensive player of the week.

First player in Jaguars history to receive it twice in one season. Believe he joins Mahomes and Burrow as the only other players to receive it twice?

20 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

First player in Jaguars history to receive it twice in one season. Believe he joins Mahomes and Burrow as the only other players to receive it.

No... Gardner Minshew TOTALLY did this once. It's just a conspiracy that nobody has it on record.

• Like 2

I've been reluctant to chime in here, but Trevor has definitely turned  a corner.  What I hadn't seen were games where he put the team on his back and carried them to victory.   Now I'm seeing that.   Definitely top 10 right now and creeping towards top 5.  Lovely time to be a Jags fan.

• Like 2

Trevor's last game about to be a lot less impressive when Herbert throws for 800 yards and 9 TDs Sunday though.

But yes, hard to see the Jags not being the favorite to win the AFCS next year.

Well, at least until the Colts trade for whoever the oldest QB in the league is.

Just now, Daniel said:

Trevor's last game about to be a lot less impressive when Herbert throws for 800 yards and 9 TDs Sunday though.

Well, at least until the Colts trade for whoever the oldest QB in the league is.

We're getting Brady? RIP other AFC South teams.

Seriously though, what about the Jags winning the division this year? I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility is it? Titans aren't looking hot lately and the Jags are 2 games behind...

8 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Seriously though, what about the Jags winning the division this year? I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility is it? Titans aren't looking hot lately and the Jags are 2 games behind...

Looking at their schedules, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ten lost 2/3 and Jax won 2/3. Jax beats Ten in week 18, and you've got yourself a stew going!

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

Looking at their schedules, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ten lost 2/3 and Jax won 2/3. Not sure where that would leave them in a tiebreaker 

It's definitely possible, and not that unlikely at this point.  The Jags can lose to the Cowboys, and if that's the only loss, they win the division if the Titans only beat the Texans.  Both will be 8-9, and the Jags will have the tiebreaker, having beaten Tennessee twice.

So there's a real possibility that Jags-Titans in Week 18 decides the division.

But that means that the Jags also have to beat the Jets, Texans, and Titans again for that to happen.  And that's asking quite a bit from a team that's been pretty inconsistent.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It's definitely possible, and not that unlikely at this point.  The Jags can lose to the Cowboys, and if that's the only loss, they win the division if the Titans only beat the Texans.  Both will be 8-9, and the Jags will have the tiebreaker, having beaten Tennessee twice.

So there's a real possibility that Jags-Titans in Week 18 decides the division.

But that means that the Jags also have to beat the Jets, Texans, and Titans again for that to happen.  And that's asking quite a bit from a team that's been pretty inconsistent.

Yeah this team has been Jekyll and Hyde all year. I’m not banking on them finishing the season running the table. We always struggle vs Houston for some reason and although we beat TEN they usually have our number.

Great and all that Trev is taking that step but we saw all the drops/defense not stop the Lions once just a week and a half ago. Zero belief they all the sudden have fixed all those issues that have popped up this season.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

...say that to my face ONCE BRYCE YOUNG IS HERE!

Alabama Football Happy Dance GIF by SEC Network