Trevor Lawrence has arrived

notthatbluestuff

7 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

He had a bad game but that's no reason for us all to give up on him.

He has had 1 great & 2 good games in his last 22 games & 2 of those games are against a team JAX owns at home.

Could be heading towards all-time bust territory.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Because he struggled against the Texans again? Lol

The Texans are garbage so yeah that’s kind of a problem

Dude has had like 4 good games in his career lol. This is supposed to be a “generational” talent 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The Texans are garbage so yeah that’s kind of a problem

Dude has had like 4 good games in his career lol. This is supposed to be a “generational” talent 

This is the issue. Lawrence was supposed to be a John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck type of prospect. A guy who was a no brainer fail proof prospect with a floor of above average and ceiling of all time great level. His floor is much lower than a prospect like that should be. If you looked at him without the bias of his college years, he would look like a bust and he'd get the same critcism and evaluation Zach Wilson got. 

He was supposed to be a guy that you didn't even have to question. Even on a bad team his talent would be evident (Peyton Manning year 1 for instance still was setting the rookie TD record and though he had some kinks with interceptions, his talent was so apparent). 

He's already not as advertised and he's really the first mega QB prospect of modern era to be like that. Now we are just waiting around to see if he can improve enough to be a serviceable franchise starter instead of a bust.

That's not good. Especially for a franchise like the Jaguars that finally got what was supposed to be a lay up at QB and already this early he is a big exception to the rule.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Charles said:

Terrible.  Overthrows, no touch on simple throws making routine plays difficult for the receivers, questionable decision making....just bad qb play, especially when it matters most.  We got what we deserved today.

I will give you respect for not ghosting here like I've seen so many other bragadocious fans do here over the years.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

I will give you respect for not ghosting here like I've seen so many other bragadocious fans do here over the years.

Agreed wholeheartedly. You're good in my book, @Charles.

10 hours ago, Charles said:

Can't blame Walker.  Yeah it was a stupid penalty,  but jags should have been up by 2+ scores at that point.  

The reason I bring this up is because the Jags had the Texans dead to rights at this moment - drawing an unsportsmanlike on a 3rd and long that was ultimately an incomplete pass?

Sure, the Jags *should* have had a lead then, but it was still a tie game at that moment. An error like that only exacerbates the issue, and it gave new life to the Texans (who proceeded to give the ball to Dameon Pierce non-stop - which led to the go ahead score).

It was a very ill timed penalty, and one that turned the fortunes of the game. Jags get the ball back in a tie game if Walker doesn't rag doll Mills like he did.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lancerman said:

This is the issue. Lawrence was supposed to be a John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck type of prospect. A guy who was a no brainer fail proof prospect with a floor of above average and ceiling of all time great level. His floor is much lower than a prospect like that should be. If you looked at him without the bias of his college years, he would look like a bust and he'd get the same critcism and evaluation Zach Wilson got. 

He was supposed to be a guy that you didn't even have to question. Even on a bad team his talent would be evident (Peyton Manning year 1 for instance still was setting the rookie TD record and though he had some kinks with interceptions, his talent was so apparent). 

He's already not as advertised and he's really the first mega QB prospect of modern era to be like that. Now we are just waiting around to see if he can improve enough to be a serviceable franchise starter instead of a bust.

That's not good. Especially for a franchise like the Jaguars that finally got what was supposed to be a lay up at QB and already this early he is a big exception to the rule.

If Lawrence can simply find a way to pretend that every defense he faces is the Colts, he'll be a superstar. Kind of like the old "just imagine the audience in their underwear" thing.

One observation I had on Lawrence yesterday - he was missing guys high. Passes were a few feet over his intended target, that was pretty consistent during this game.

Not sure if this is regular for him, but he needs to get that in check ASAP. Throwing high like that will get a WR killed, and it’s only a matter of time before he leads someone to a few broken ribs with a pass that drifts high. Davis Mills was doing the exact same thing, and I’ve said as much - if you throw a guy high over the middle like that, you’re risking killing him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

One observation I had on Lawrence yesterday - he was missing guys high. Passes were a few feet over his intended target, that was pretty consistent during this game.

Not sure if this is regular for him, but he needs to get that in check ASAP. Throwing high like that will get a WR killed, and it’s only a matter of time before he leads someone to a few broken ribs with a pass that drifts high. Davis Mills was doing the exact same thing, and I’ve said as much - if you throw a guy high over the middle like that, you’re risking killing him.

He’s had that problem for a while now sadly. Mostly on throws over the middle though.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He’s had that problem for a while now sadly. Mostly on throws over the middle though.

And that’s the WORST place to do it - rules are now set to protect a defenseless receiver in those spots, but what’s 15 yards vs losing a WR for the year with a broken collarbone?

Sounds like decision making is still really questionable.  Way too many TO's and just bad passes like that pick to Stingley in the end zone.  If he's moving the ball and throwing TDs with that gunslinger mentality that one thing.  You can live with those picks, Farve made a HOF career doing it, but he's not even doing that.   

3 hours ago, Danger said:

What can I say...I bought in after the Chargers game, but the original prediction of 7 wins might be closer to reality.  I have a feeling this will be a real up and down season for us.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But that has nothing to do with the Texans not being awful lol.

It was a weird response for sure - the Jags' recent history against the Texans at any given time has no bearing on what happens in the next game. Every encounter is different - different coaching staff, different players, different circumstances entirely. It's not like Lawrence has some inherent disadvantage playing against the Texans like it's Pokemon and Houston is super-effective against Jax or something.

• Like 2