Buccaneers/Chiefs game to be played in Tampa regardless of Hurricane Ian

RaidersAreOne

On 9/27/2022 at 12:34 AM, Thelonebillsfan said:

There's absolutely no way they play that game in Florida lol. The question just becomes where does it get played.

Houston or NO make the most sense in terms of travel distance, but it's not exactly out of hurricane country. Tampa would never consent to going to KC, they'd take an early bye first (and given their injury issues, that might not be so bad for them).

20 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:
41 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Weather should be fine by tomorrow.  

I take it you’ve never been through a hurricane. 

Yeah, the weather itself isn't the issue. It's the cleanup following billions of gallons of water and 80mph winds whipping through an area for 4-6 hours.

Houston basically shut down for a month after Hurricane Harvey in 2017, it took New Orleans several YEARS to recover following Hurricane Katrina.

I don't think Ian will be as bad as Katrina or Harvey, bit I didn't think Katrina/Harvey would be that bad until they did what they did.

(Edit: Ian is Cat 4, so... Oof).

TL;DR - Hurricanes are literal forces of nature.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, the weather itself isn't the issue. It's the cleanup following billions of gallons of water and 80mph winds whipping through an area for 4-6 hours.

Houston basically shut down for a month after Hurricane Harvey in 2017, it took New Orleans several YEARS to recover following Hurricane Katrina.

I don't think Ian will be as bad as Katrina or Harvey, bit I didn't think Katrina/Harvey would be that bad until they did what they did.

(Edit: Ian is Cat 4, so... Oof).

TL;DR - Hurricanes are literal forces of nature.

Also based on prep and infrastructure. Florida is usually well prepared for hurricanes.