BDL 2017 Week 5: Oklahoma City Rogues @ Long Beach Leprechauns

DingoLadd

who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• Oklahoma City Roguez
    • Long Beach Leprechauns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/22/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 11: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Oklahoma City Rogues

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Alex Collins

WR: Adam Thielen
WR: Jeremy Maclin
WR: Taywan Taylor
TE: Jared Cook
LT: David Bakhtiari
LG: Wes Schweitzer
C: T.J. Lang
RG: Daryl Williams
RT: Morgan Moses

RB: Joe Mixon
RB: Jonathan Stewart

FB: James Develin
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Laquon Treadwell
TE: Clive Walford
OL: Ereck Flowers
OL: Spencer Drango

ROLB: Ryan Kerrigan

DT: Cameron Heyward
DT: Eddie Goldman
LOLB: Von Miller
LB: Eric Kendricks
LB: Kendell Beckwith
LB/S: Adrian Amos
CB: Patrick Peterson
CB: Trevor Williams
CB: Brent Grimes
FS: Jordan Poyer

OLB: Kony Ealy
OLB: Connor Barwin
DL: Star Lotulelei
DL: Tyeler Davison
LB: Darron Lee
CB: Shaq Griffin
CB: Eli Apple
S: Andre Hal

Gameplan Long Beach

Offense:

QB- Josh McCown

RB- Christian McCaffrey

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Marvin Jones

WR- Devin Funchess

TE- George Kittle

LT- Terron Armstead

LG- Joe Thuney

C- Max Unger

RG- Andrew Norwell

RT- Russell Okung

RB- Mark Ingram

RB- Damien Williams

WR- Cooper Kupp

WR- Sammie Coates

TE- Tyler Kroft

OL- Jamon Brown

OL- Hal Vaitai

OL- Brandon Shell

Defense:

LE- Cam Jordan

NT- DJ Reader

UT- Javon Hargrave

RE- Trey Flowers

SLB- De’Vondre Campbell

MLB- Jarrad Davis

WLB- Deone Bucannon

CB- Trumaine Johnson

CB- Artie Burns

FS- Darian Thompson

SS- Landon Collins

DE/LB- Clay Matthews

DT/DE- Stephon Tuitt

DE- Ronald Blair

DT- Abry Jones

LB- Jayon Brown

CB- Bradley Roby

S- Budda Baker

S/CB- Kareem Jackson

Offense:

Cam Newton has once again started showing his MVP level play, and we are going to give him a lot of leeway to improvise. He will be encouraged to break the pocket and use his athleticism to escape pressure and extend plays. We will also include a lot of designed runs for him and force the Long Beach linebackers to consistently make plays.

Alex Collins will once again get the start and Joe Mixon will once again rotate in as a third-down back. We will focus mainly on outside runs to not only utilize our better offensive linemen but also to get away from a stout Long Beach interior. As usual, we will rotate in James Develin and Clive Walford as extra blockers to try to make a push in the run game.

Adam Thielen is a superstar in the NFL and he needs to be accepted as a true WR1 in BDL. We think he can beat any corner that Long Beach has and we are going to rely on him heavily as our primary pass catcher. We will move him around to give him looks on both the outside and slot, and we will look to him at all depths of the field. We will also continue to rotate in Mike Wallace and Jared Cook to try to find good matchups deep.

TJ Lang returns this week and we finally have another real guard on our roster with Wes Schweitzer. With both of them, we now have at least a functional offensive line. We trust our tackles to handle the edge pressure and Newton's athleticism should allow him to escape any pressure from the interior.

Defense:

We're going to keep things fairly simple this week as we feel like we match up well against Long Beach. Patrick Peterson will shadow DeAndre Hopkins, Trevor Williams will cover Marvin Jones, and Brent Grimes will cover Devin Funchess. Jordan Poyer will play a Cover-1. Kendell Beckwith will cover George Kittle and Eric Kendricks will be responsible for Christian McCaffrey. Adrian Amos will line up in the box and will play a jack-of-all-trades role by supporting against the run as well as disrupting short routes, especially ones from Christian McCaffrey.

Against 2 TE sets we will take Grimes off the field for Star Lotulelei at NT. Adrian Amos will then play in man coverage against a TE and we will mainly rush with our front five. Against four wide sets, Beckwith will come off the field for Shaq Griffin.

eam:

We are looking to break out of .500 this week against OKC. I am also attempting a more concise game plan this week to see if I can still match up with a shorter plan.

Formation:

Our base offense this week will be a three wide, one tight, one back set.  We will also run two tight sets if our tackles are getting beat specifically if Terron Armstead doesn’t play (each week he is questionable but he plays and looks great). If they heavy blitz one side of the line we can chip with a back on that side or stack our two tight to one side.

Pass Offense:

We will feature a quick passing attack to negate the pass rush of Ryan Kerrigan and Von Miller. If our tackles can hold up we will hit some of our deeper routes as once again we will be stacking routes with our first and primary reads being those slants, arrows, digs, and outs, amongst other quick passes out of the backfield to McCaffrey and Ingram. We will take advantage of Funchess’ size advantage in the slot. We believe PP will follow Hopkins and we can exploit other matchups while still trusting Hopkins to make plays. In two tight sets Funchess will be the number two outside over Marvin Jones and Kroft will come in to give us an added passing option and chip block as well as Kittle doing the same. 

With the injury to Bulaga, Okung will start at RT. Shell will play RT and Okung LT if Armstead does not play. Shell has played well this year but he doesn’t have the name recognition to get much credit in BDL, so Okung gets the start. My interior remains unchanged at the starters, with Jamon Brown added for depth. Kittle will chip Von Miller or stand in block every play to Von’s side. Von struggled last week against New England when they did this and was held to one tackle. I believe my oline can hold up and allow McCown to make plays to my skilled group of receivers.

Run Offense:

Ingram and  McCaffrey will split even carries. We will run a zone run game with holes underneath the outside pass rushers gaps, and if the outside pass rushers start closing down we will gash them outside, especially to Von's side with him getting doubled in the run game by the T and Kittle before Kittle releases to the LB or S. We will have success inside as the OKC run defense in the middle is decent but nothing great. Their linebackers are fast flowing but can be overwhelmed, and we will take advantage of their over pursuit with patience from our backs and cutback lanes.

Defense:

We will matchup with man coverage this week, get after Cam and shut down the OKC run game.

Formation:

Our base D is basically a 4-4 under again this week with Collins playing in the box. We will play nickel if they go to a three wide set. We will be playing man throughout.

Front 7:

We will be starting Hargrave in the middle with DJ Reader again this week. Tuitt will rotate in for Reader on passing downs. The middle of the OKC Oline is not very good right now and their running backs are average. With our ends of Flowers and Jordan being very good all around players we believe we can shut down their run game. Ronald Blair will be the backup for Jordan, and he had 2 sacks and a FF last week. Clay Matthews will backup at SLB and play RE on passing downs. We will start Bucannon at WLB, Davis at MLB, and Campbell at SLB. This gives us a lot of speed and quick gap fillers in the run game. We can go a bit lighter against a weak interior oline. These LBer’s also give us an advantage in coverage. Campbell will cover the FB or the second TE if they go 2 tight. If the FB stays in to pass block or the TE does, Campbell will have blitz. In three wide Campbell will come off of the field. Davis has spy on Cam Newton. Davis is fast and physical and should wreck Cam’s day. Bucannon has man on the primary RB. Collins is also in the box to help stuff the run.

Secondary:

Tru will man Thielen on the outside, with Darian Thompson Doubling deep over top with focus on Thielen. Collins has man on Jared Cook. If they take Cook out in a three wide two back sets he has the other back. Burns will have man on the second receiver. If they go Two Back Two tight like they did against me before Burns will cover the TE to his side. In nickel Roby will come into the game. If they want to get cute and play Thielen in the slot I have no problem manning Roby on him with Thompson still bracketing him over the top. Essentially Thielen is doubled all game and OKC will have to try and win with their other matchups.

Bring it!

This was one of the harder games to choose but I think Cam Newton can lead enough of a 4th quarter march to escape a resilient Long Beach team. I think the Von Millers and Peterson mean much more playing with a QB who inspires hope. OKC 24-LB 21

I'm going LB here. I think both defenses are doing a good job of eliminating the other teams #1 option. The difference I see here is LB is just a deeper team offensively, with so many players capable of making plays in a close game. I think 6'5 Funchess emphasized in his game plan on a 5'9 Grimes should be a source of some yards and big 1st downs throughout the game.

Archived